"Unable to login to facebook"... again [Solved]

Options
Hotnfresh
Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
Hasn't happened in a while but Facebook backup is not working. Did facebook change something again to screw it up? 

Edit: wrong section, oops.

[Moderator edit: user was able to resolve this by reinstalling the Facebook app.  Marking as solved.  -Dayv]
Tagged:

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    **Moved to Bugs and Technical Issues**
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What OS are you on?  When did the problem begin?

If you're on iOS, they removed the system level Facebook login in iOS 11, so that might have triggered it.  You may need to log in via a local Facebook app on your device or possibly just deselect and reselect the facebook save option in the game.

If you can't resolve it on your own, you should contact customer support: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support
  • Hotnfresh
    Options
    Thanks for the response Dayv. I'm on Android and it started yesterday, I believe. Tried the select/deselect and didn't work. I'll try installing the app and see what happens.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I'm no Android expert, so unless another forum member has a solution, I'd recommend opening a ticket.  You can also do this in the game, from the settings menu -> "help" -> "contact us"
  • Hotnfresh
    Options
    Welp, you called it. Reinstalled FB app and it works again... for whatever reason. Thanks a bunch!
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ah good,  I'm glad you got the answer. 

This happened to me last year and I had to really dig around the find the answer.  Glad it came to you so quickly =)