Unholy Outlaw PvP Tournament - March 10th to 12th

123457»

Comments

• Weird tournament for me. The tournaments ending Wednesday are always bad timewise for me so I just climb up to 500 points and let it sit. I have about a 14 hour window where I can't really do anything unless I wake up early in the morning (sleep, wake up, work, tournament ends while I'm at work). I kinda wanted a Top 100 instead of a Top 50 as the 1 Storm cover was more valuable to me than 1 IM40 cover. I felt that if I used my L77 Thor/69 Daken team I may not drop enough, and if I used my 1* team I may drop to Top 200 and get less HP, so I went with a kinda middle ground of L61 C Storm/69 Daken. Hopefully that team would be bad enough to drop me to Top 100, but not any worse.

I come home from work, BAM Top 10. Unshielded. ****?! I tanked, but didn't tank THAT badly. In the current tournament I'm getting a lot of fair fights so I don't think it's like only L30 teams could see me. Well, I'm not complaining, this is a good (though weird...) result for me.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    I just pushed to #3 at -4h and left it hanging. Will see where I get the cheap way. icon_e_smile.gif

Left CMags in the defense team I usually swap out but my Hood only steals blue/purple and someone better put it to use. icon_e_smile.gif

Result: Top5. 5 attacks netting -21, 3 losses 2 wins all with 20-ish points and grabbed another red Thor for crossing 700 while not being there...

I welcome the net 150HP, 3 covers that actually completes my IM40, and 9 covers got produced in recent weeks tournaments after sitting on 3 covers for ages (and got one red from some token recently).
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't really thought about his build as I don't have much interest in using him, but I nabbed an easy yellow IM40 with a top 50 finish and I currently have him at 2/2/3...is another yellow worth it?
  • I haven't really thought about his build as I don't have much interest in using him, but I nabbed an easy yellow IM40 with a top 50 finish and I currently have him at 2/2/3...is another yellow worth it?
    Only if you want to tether him permanently to characters that use purple.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sweet, cheers. Another 500 ISO it is then!
  • Previous tourney - top1. This tourney - top5. Current IM40 - 3/4/3. I sold 1 blue cover, so another 500ISO for me.

Satisfied Emeryt is satisfied.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    I couldn't do anything in this tourney.

The game thinks I should always face guys that have fully leveled 3*** teams of Hulk Spider-man/orMagneto with their fully leveled Hood or at least a really high leveled hood.

Did I push you out of first? Your name look familiar. I find when I join brackets first place is usually some underleveled team. Had to take this one down, first non Lightning round win since the first patch tourney. Won a few Hood lighting rounds since.

HA, it wasn't this tourney, but it was another tourney when I was first. But I shield myself when I did that and I wasn't going to fight for it cause I was happy getting into the top 5 still.