MPQ at Marvel.com: Hulk (Main Event) (11/15/17)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
Hi Everyone - 
Hulk is ready to SMASH in Marvel Puzzle Quest!
Check out 4-Star Hulk here: Hulk (Main Event)

Tagged:

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Grand Entrance trigger before or after the enemy team's start-of-match passives? Could it clear out some Rocket & Groot strike tiles?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Hmmmm... looks like green COULD be a counter to G4ocket's strike tiles, but that's still leaving a lot up to chance. 

Critical tile generation will probably mean he will pair well with 5*s. And I'm curious to see just what effects those CDs will have. 

But man, only two actives at 12 and 14 AP? He's gonna take awhile to get going on his own. Hopefully it's worth it. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Hmmmm... looks like green COULD be a counter to G4ocket's strike tiles, but that's still leaving a lot up to chance. 

Critical tile generation, will probably mean he will pair well with 5*s. And I'm curious to see just what effects those CDs will have. 

But man, only two actives at 12 and 14 AP? He's gonna take awhile to get going on his own. Hopefully it's worth it. 
    Could be, depending on the order. I'd prefer if it were a single block of tiles destroyed from the center, like Thing's green.

I definitely want to see his numbers. With AP costs this high, they should be significant.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two questions from the article's mention of some tie-in events.

1) Who are the required characters for SHIELD Training this time? (As asked in the other thread)

2) Will the latest Sakaar Arena start at 12pm or 1pm US Eastern? The last ones were starting at 1pm but seems that the Lightning Rounds have slid back an hour with the end of DST.
  • DarthDeVo
    Does Grand Entrance trigger before or after the enemy team's start-of-match passives? Could it clear out some Rocket & Groot strike tiles?
    Good point, I didn't consider order of operations. If the passive happens before the enemy places strike tiles, then it will be much less useful.

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Looking at the Enemy of the State preview, I'm really underwhelmed. Seems like another weak Hulk. At 5 covers, but level 70 Hulk's yellow does 278 damage to the enemy team, a burst of 510, or 2 random AP for 12 AP.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Been waiting for this version of the character for a long time, happy to see it added to the game.

@LakeStone any chance we could get some character wallpapers?
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    brisashi said:
    Been waiting for this version of the character for a long time, happy to see it added to the game.

@LakeStone any chance we could get some character wallpapers?
    Of course, wallpaper will be ready in a couple of days.  
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    the moves either cost to much, or don't do enough for what the costs are.
    Overall looks like he could be alright, but far from exciting to play with.

also given his start of match move doesn't do damage or gain AP it really should do a huge board shake to start with, talking like 32 tiles or so to really be useful as a rocket counter.

7 is pitiful.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
     They said “we now have a grand total of 5 hulk variations in the game”. I count 6: 5*Banner, 3* OG Hulk,Totaly Awesome, Red Hulk, She Hulk, and now Main Event. 
    Which one doesn’t count as a Hulk variant?

Hopefully the High AP cost of his actives will be offset somewhat by the potential for his passive to generate some AP, but that is a small potential. Need to see him in action to decide. 

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    The yellow needs to be true healing or this does not look like a very strong character.  But I will reserve judgement for the time being, but the green only fires once with a little ap gain (ok it is better after rereading the article, 2 extra matches a turn might really accelerate things), the yellow is random (if the tiles it generates are crazy and true healing it could be good), I will wait and see on the pink but for 14 ap it better do a lot of damage.   I don't really think of Hulk as a support character and this looks like a support character.  He might pair really well with Mockingbird with the cost of the powers.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

My first impression is that he sounds decent. It's a bit hard to tell without damage values, but none of those abilities stand out as bad. I definitely wary of those expensive abilities after Grocket, whose actives aren't bad, but are costly and difficult to manage.

In-game preview is also now available. The direct damage on Purple is a little low (estimating ~6824), but it does create 5 criticals. Yellow works slightly differently to what I expected. It's Countdowns which do something on each tick. The numbers on damage/burst healing are cute, but the real benefit is if they provide the 2 AP generation - and that's static across all ranks, so I think this might be the skill to leave at Rank 3.

• DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    STOPTHIS said:
    Looking at the Enemy of the State preview, I'm really underwhelmed. Seems like another weak Hulk. At 5 covers, but level 70 Hulk's yellow does 278 damage to the enemy team, a burst of 510, or 2 random AP for 12 AP.
    Yeah, yellow seems underwhelming. Purple looks like it could be worth the payoff though. At five covers, 3573 damage and five random crits. That could be brutal with 5*s. Or a 5*, because you might need to run Switch with him to even get around to using it. 

Also, looks like we're getting more new boosts. 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    STOPTHIS said:
    Yes, but at 5 covers it creates 5 three turn timers and each one does one of those actions each time it ticks down, so you have the potential for 4170 aoe damage. That’s pretty good for a level 70
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo said:
    STOPTHIS said:
    Yeah, yellow seems underwhelming. Purple looks like it could be worth the payoff though. At five covers, 3573 damage and five random crits. That could be brutal with 5*s. Or a 5*, because you might need to run Switch with him to even get around to using it. 

Or Gambat.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    STOPTHIS said:
    Yes, but at 5 covers it creates 5 three turn timers and each one does one of those actions each time it ticks down, so you have the potential for 4170 air damage. That’s pretty good for a level 70
     No, I think the way it works is that each turn will have a different effect. So the first turn will be the AoE damage (five CDs at 278 each is 1390 damage), second turn is burst of 510 health (2550 if all five CDs survive), last turn is two random AP (10 with five CDs).
  • DarthDeVo
    granne said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    STOPTHIS said:

Or Gambat.
     Ah, good point. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    If his health is high then he wouldn't be bad. LOL at this hulk with gambit tho... 4 turns until critical meltdown if its a 0/0/5 build.

5 critical titles is really really nasty tho. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Does his Green passive only proc once? Or every turn. It's not clear to me.

Edit: Just saw him in the game. That Green is really bad. 3/5/5 it is.