Balance of Power - GAMBAT EDITION

Options
dadows
dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
Any exploitable characters / teams here? Will some 2* do ridiculous damage? 

Comments

• dadows
    edited November 2017
    Options
    oh yeah. 550 gambat will rule all. might run with him and 3* cage and fist. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hands up everyone who's not at all surprised that for the off-season they chose the one PVP where the only downside of 0/0/5 Gambit is removed.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gambats! So many Gambats!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Slog doesn't quite convey what this event is.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    dadows said:
    Nice, you can use 4 heroes at once!
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Damn hell be pretty beastly. I find bof interesting for the dmg numbers on specials. 3elktra actually has mkre damage potential than her 4* counterpart at similar levels as elctr4 requires her red to have a trap on the board each turn
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ValekBoss said:
    dadows said:
    One, two, three...

I'm not seeing a fourth, dude.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is a serious slog, and I'm totally dropping out of this one now that I've got my CP, but it was pretty fun getting 90K out of Like Unto Iron and dropping a 115K Thanos with Deadliest Woman.
  • dadows
    Options
    i got my 40 last night. didn’t seem to take any longer than usual for me. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5 Gambit is not scary in BoP. R4G, Gamora, and Medusa can pretty much take out anything.
  • dadows
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    5 Gambit is not scary in BoP. R4G, Gamora, and Medusa can pretty much take out anything.
    yeah. I rushed to most of my wins with them. eventually my queue was almost all that team so I did 0/5/5 gambat, rogue and medusa to take them out. cast hair meddle to take their strike tiles and power syphon on gamora letting the red stack up past 15. 
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
      I was absolutely stunned when I took 2* Hawkeye, 2* Magneto, and 2* Storm into a match with 3* Black Widow, 3* Doom and 3* Magneto; it was an absolute slaughter.  I was fortunate to get a lot of purple on the board but the only power they fired was Magneto's Coercive Field and my team mostly walked away with barely a scratch.  And the good thing about this is that the AI has no idea how to play this combo, so "you're welcome" to all who are in my bracket :smiley:  
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Took out these three easily just now using Jugs, Kamala, and a measly 0/0/3 Gambat.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dayv said:
    ValekBoss said:
    dadows said:
    One, two, three...

I'm not seeing a fourth, dude.
    Nevermind i was thinking of Gambolt....I will leave now.
  • VariableJ
    VariableJ Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nothing but Grocket/Gamora/Medusa and SpiderGwen/005 Gambit. This is awful.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Grocket/Gamora/Medusa is easily countered by Grocket/Carol/XF Deadpool if you don't mind using a healthpack every turn or two.
  • VariableJ
    VariableJ Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Don't have Grocket or De4dpool champed so I've been using HawkEy3/Medusa/Riri to counter pretty effectively. It's just really tedious when every team is the same.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    VariableJ said:
    Don't have Grocket or De4dpool champed so I've been using HawkEy3/Medusa/Riri to counter pretty effectively. It's just really tedious when every team is the same.
    You don't have to have them champed for balance of power, just fully covered. Every character, champed or not is boosted to 550. In some cases you don't even need the character fully covered to be effective, a 4/4/4 character should work just fine in BoP also.