4* DDQ: Iceman vs. Teen Jean

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
Not too many problems for my 5/5/3 Level 271 Bobby. Finished first try, no boosts, with 8048 health left. 

The game kept setting her up for purple matches, so she did get off one Mind Over Matter. I stunned her twice, but never had the patience to get 12 AP to immediately Punch A Snowman. I managed to get off two Whiteouts instead, and that was that. Token to the hoard. 

Comments

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Third time's a charm for my 1/4/2 Iceman (140).  Just got a lucky board on the last try and BLUE Jean away lol  Stun Jean, match blue, purple and green, fire off green & purple, Rinse and repeat, 

Got a Grocket who gets to 271, giving me a LT which gave me a yellow Lockjaw.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Ice, Ice, baby... Stun, punch the snowman...

• KillaBeeSwarm
    KillaBeeSwarm Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    Won with my 0/3/1 Iceman level 111 Iceman.

Got some help from some boosts: +2 Blue and Purple AP, +50% Blue and Purple damage, +100% match damage. Had a match 4 blue on the first move, so I stunned the next move. Once I got the first stun off and collected enough blue to stun her again when the timer expired, I was feeling pretty good. Teen Jean got off maybe 4-6 moves the entire match.

I almost spent 3600 HP to get a Green and make Iceman 1/3/1, now that I see how good this 0/3/1 did (albeit boosted) I'm very tempted...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try on 5/5/3 L280.  Took a little longer than I'd like cause I kept having bad luck and not getting off punch a snowman, but had her stun locked for like 15-20 straight turns.

+1 to the hoard.

• thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    0/2/3 level 127 Got it on try #4, once with no boosts, and 3 with all sorts of damage boosts. The first two boosted fails were due to some bad luck match-5s. Finally was able to eat 1 MoM and taker her down with 99 health left with a timely Cold as Ice that set up a blue match 4. First time Crash win for the Bobsicle, just might be able to do my first clean sweep. The Flaptain poses the first real test.

Green Vulture to 2/2/3. Was nice to finally pull a 'new' 4* been in a rut of bad luck classic pulls for 1k ISO lately
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Lv 274 5/5/3 Iceman with the easy win.  Froze her a few times, punched her and snow blasted her.  Was over 8k health when she fell.

LT gave me Coulson who is at 296
  • rocks52
    0/2/3 level 127 Got it on try #4, once with no boosts, and 3 with all sorts of damage boosts. The first two boosted fails were due to some bad luck match-5s. Finally was able to eat 1 MoM and taker her down with 99 health left with a timely Cold as Ice that set up a blue match 4. First time Crash win for the Bobsicle, just might be able to do my first clean sweep. The Flaptain poses the first real test.

Green Vulture to 2/2/3. Was nice to finally pull a 'new' 4* been in a rut of bad luck classic pulls for 1k ISO lately
    Good luck on your attempt for a first clean sweep.  Should be mine as well as I failed 4 times last cycle but I believed picked up enough covers for them to win this time around.  Looking at you Carnage, Drax, Venom and Star-Lord
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Won second try with L156 1/5/1, no boosts.

Kept turning her into a snowoman without punching her, while gathering purple to get more blues to do it again to stun her. She couldn't do anything or move a tile for 8 mins while taking match damage til she runs of health.

LT saved
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Won third try with L150 3/4/1, no boosts. 

Jean was stuck in permafrost state pretty much the entire battle. Did not punch the snowman but always went for stun. That 4 turn stun is brutal in a 1:1 battle.

LT to the hoard.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I had to bite the bullet and up my L70 0/2/5 Iceman to 168 to be able to take a punch and give a bigger one.  Won on my 3rd try, first at this level.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I had to bite the bullet and up my L70 0/2/5 Iceman to 168 to be able to take a punch and give a bigger one.  Won on my 3rd try, first at this level.
    This event is consistently the biggest driver to me putting iso into random 4*s (as it probably is for many of us). Not in this case, however, as Icy was one of my first champed 4*s (and a very enjoyable champion to have, is he!).
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker

Won this first go with my 0/4/1 level 131 Bobby, but man, it was close - I had 189 remaining health for several turns at the end, but was able to back-to-back stun, and then punched a snowman for the win!

2 weeks ago, my Iceman was only 0/2/1, but I got both the Mystique lvl 183 cover and Shield resupply just in time, as the next Iceman Crash wont be until August 2018, by my calcs

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/3/1 lvl 115. Squeaked it out on the second try. Blue/purple stockpile, +100% X-Men damage, and +100% match damage. Saved all the blue to keep her stunned as much as possible, did damage with my green and matches. Had like 120 health left at the end.

Token waiting for Thor.
  • DarthDeVo
    rocks52 said:

Good luck on your attempt for a first clean sweep.  Should be mine as well as I failed 4 times last cycle but I believed picked up enough covers for them to win this time around.  Looking at you Carnage, Drax, Venom and Star-Lord
    I'm hoping to win all the Crashes this go too. I haven't lost one since Hulkbuster. Still a little unsure about my 3/3/4 Flaptain. That fight is brutal. Also unsure of how 3/2/5 Quake will do, or 2/3/4 Brock Venom. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Things went smoothly for my 5/5/3 - I kept her stunned for a good chunk of the battle and then finished her off a "strike a pose" Whiteout. My reward was a green Iron Fist, bringing him up to a 3/1/5.
  • rocks52
    DarthDeVo said:
    rocks52 said:

I'm hoping to win all the Crashes this go too. I haven't lost one since Hulkbuster. Still a little unsure about my 3/3/4 Flaptain. That fight is brutal. Also unsure of how 3/2/5 Quake will do, or 2/3/4 Brock Venom. 
    Yeah the Flaptain can be a challenge against Captain Marvel b/c your yellow will keep increasing her black.  Gotta get that yellow and red quick, then hope you have a yellow heavy board so you can get a ton of protect shields and then dive bomb her into the ground.  I don't know how I could have won it around a year ago because he couldn't have been that good for me.
  • DarthDeVo
    rocks52 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    rocks52 said:

Yeah the Flaptain can be a challenge against Captain Marvel b/c your yellow will keep increasing her black.  Gotta get that yellow and red quick, then hope you have a yellow heavy board so you can get a ton of protect shields and then dive bomb her into the ground.  I don't know how I could have won it around a year ago because he couldn't have been that good for me.
    Not to mention her stun, which gives you a strike that actually makes it more likely to trigger her energy absorption, fueling her red and black. I'm hoping to get yellow then enough red to double cast at once. Hopefully that will be enough to take her down. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    3/5/5 level 131

Well covered, but under leveled and not worried. Beat this last time with about a 1/4/2 and hadn't leveled him any since. Just got 13th cover last week.

Easy fight, but took a little while. Just kept her stun locked most of the time and chipped away at her hit points. Eventually finished her by hitting that snow(wo)man.

Token to the hoard.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    272 5/5/3 1st try.

This was a cake walk. Just focused on Green and Blue. Was a Purple deficient board so things worked out great. Honestly I built up 12 green and blue ap astonishingly quickly. Blue stun followed by 3 non blue matches to get the maximum number of blue tiles on the board. Green, and then punch out Jean.

Token hoarded for GladiaThor.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 3/2/4 Lvl 181 (no idea why I haven't leveled him to 188 having come so far) Iceman managed it first turn but Jean got a few licks in before she was defeated. Was tempted to buy the HFH Green cover on offer but decided he should be strong enough without and was right.