Predictions/hopes for character rebalances?

Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
With the off-season upon us, here are my top 3 hopes:

Honorable mention: buff 3* Elektra

3. Buff 4* Wolverine
2. Buff 4* Falcon
1. Nerf 3/5* Gambit

I would be very happy with just #1 and either of 2 or 3 above!

Preditcion:

No one gets rebalanced.

What are your hopes and/or predictions?

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* characters, in no particular order:

-Punisher.
    -Hulk.
    -Beast.
    -Vision.
    -Sentry.
    -Ragnarok.

They shouldn't change 3/5 Gambit outside of the main suggestion seen elsewhere: attaching the suppression of ally red and purple powers to his black, so he can't be used as a broken battery.

4* characters, in no particular order:

-FalCap
    -Thing
    -Wolverine
    -Sandman
    -Drax (I know he already got a redesign, but it clearly didn't do the job and Rocket and Groot need more viable partners.)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    ... Rocket and Groot need more viable partners.)
    Do they, though?

I mean, sure, R&G + Gamora is boring now, but I'm not sure R&G + Drax as an equally viable team will do our PVP experience any favours.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    ... Rocket and Groot need more viable partners.)
    Do they, though?

I mean, sure, R&G + Gamora is boring now, but I'm not sure R&G + Drax as an equally viable team will do our PVP experience any favours.
    I've been using them with Star-Lord as my Gamora isn't finished/champed, but I would like to see more variety in my opponents. If Drax is improved, he'd work with them at least on the level of having no overlapping active colors. Star-Lord achieves this, but no other GotG team member does — Yondu and Gamora both overlap with Rocket & Groot's blue. 

I don't think R&G should be nerfed and I don't see them going away any time soon, so some variety would be nice!
  • Jaedenkaal
    I've been using them with Star-Lord as my Gamora isn't finished/champed, but I would like to see more variety in my opponents. If Drax is improved, he'd work with them at least on the level of having no overlapping active colors. Star-Lord achieves this, but no other GotG team member does — Yondu and Gamora both overlap with Rocket & Groot's blue. 
    One color overlap isn't terrible. Rocket's Pack isn't that great anyways (and has no synergy with Drax or Star-Lord's CD-counting abilities anyways) Besides, if Drax and R&G have no overlap, and only one passive between them, then whatever third character you bring with them is going to overlap at least one active, unless they only have a Yellow active and two passives (which leaves no one, so far)

My point though, is that if Drax does end up being used with R&G, it'll probably be because he's even better in that pair than Gamora was. I guess you'd still see Gamora a bit until everyone champs their Drax, but...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any time one of these threads come up it's mostly the same usual suspects. Sentry, Hulk, Vision, Sandyman, etc. I think there will be a re-balance, the developers have been pretty consistent and haven't left the start of too many seasons happen without one. The two quick PvE events they attached to a couple of the recent ones shows their dedication.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    5 stars
    doctor octopus
    star lord
    4 stars
    venom
    carnage
    3 stars
    rags
    sentry
    vision
    2 stars
    moonstone
    captain marvel
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    I predict a 3* Punisher rebalance to align with his new show and the fact his event is starting the season. 

I'm calling it now, his red will lose the autokill and his attack tiles will still be weaker than IF's free tile. Why you ask? Cause they hate me :(
  • Jaedenkaal
    I predict a 3* Punisher rebalance to align with his new show and the fact his event is starting the season. 

I'm calling it now, his red will lose the autokill and hid attack tiles will still be weaker than IF's free tile. Why you ask? Cause they hate me :(
    I don't know, the Psylocke rework was better than just a side-grade. I mean, I'd be surprised if any 3* rework resulted in a top-tier character but... I see where you're coming from.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that Punisher could make sense with the show this week. I also think Hulk rebalancing alongside the Ragnarok Hulk would fit in.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Falcon needs one desperately.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    All the Punisher needs is a targetable green and boost to his black and he'd be great.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    All the Punisher needs is a targetable green and boost to his black and he'd be great.

I'm not too fond that he's a special tile creator, yet he constantly destroys his own tiles.. Punisher may be destructive but he's not stupid. Making Green targetable would help but I would prefer it to be similar to Beasts green where it avoids destroying friendly special tiles.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every time I see his green go off, I imagine the other toons looking at him and saying, “Wait.  You used all those guns, and....kinda scratched them?  You need better weapons, man.”  

Or something similar.  A rework seems in order.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    They shouldn't change 3/5 Gambit outside of the main suggestion seen elsewhere: attaching the suppression of ally red and purple powers to his black, so he can't be used as a broken battery.
    Gambit's suppression already is on his black ability. The loophole is that it only works if his allies have the "same color as Gambit's active powers." No active powers, no suppression.

It works the other way, too. My 5* Gambit currently sits at 2/2/0 and both he and his allies can fire whatever power they want, because he lacks the black cover. I think that's why they implemented his abilities with this handshake method. He would be kind of pitiful either way without the stipulation. Either generating AP he himself couldn't use or suppressing allies when his own active ability had poor coverage and no AP gen upside.

They hoped that his limited health pool would be enough to keep the loophole in check, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I'm not sure how they fix that without reducing AP gen or getting much more creative with the limitations of his abilities.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    seeing as we're getting another 5* hulk, i'm guessing 5* banner isn't on the radar for an upgrade, but he's easily the new turd hulk and needs a serious rework.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Main event Hulk is a 4*
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    well shoot...

fix banner then. he's a steaming pile of radioactive doo doo.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    jredd said:
    seeing as we're getting another 5* hulk, i'm guessing 5* banner isn't on the radar for an upgrade, but he's easily the new turd hulk and needs a serious rework.
    Both Banners need love. Maybe She-Hulk too.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    The update said hulk events so maybe we will get reworks for she hulk and banner 

hope so as it’s a shame banner is so unusable 
  • Doc ock
    5tarlord
    Banner

Come on, there is clearly a power gap between them and other 5*. They need some love, now.