ELITE PACK WITH ONLY MYTHICS

Options
dragonslayer
dragonslayer Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
Just an idea ,wouldnt be cooler if there were an elite pack with only mythics in it ,that cost betwin the 2 already existing , lets say around 200 or 250 jewels.

Comments

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes please! 
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes! I usually don´t want the masterpieces anyway. But I suspect the discount would be minimal though.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They've done it before. I got some good cards from it (Crush of Tentacles, Thopter Spy Network). I remember it being pretty popular. The only downside was the introduction of standard/legacy rendering most of the offered cards useless in most events. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At a 10% chance of masterpiece, that means you're valuing a masterpiece only pack at 1500-2000 jewels. 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    As mainloop25 mentioned, they already did it. It was limited to only 3 purchases per account and each one cost 200 Mana jewels. There was also no re-roll policy. So I got all duplicates.

And they also did it twice before introduction of Mana jewels. The first time it was all mythics prior to KLD block, 3 shots per account (which some people were able to kind of exploit) and each one cost 350 Mana crystals. After that they did a mythic creatures only pack. I don't know how they chose that one because mostly it contained SOI and BFZ block creatures but not even all of them. I think it was vampires/demons and angels themed. Creatures of the dark and light something , I don't know. I got gisela, G & G, that way and a dupe of kalitas. Each cost somewhere between 550 to 650. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The design of these sets is still a problem. They NEED to be set up to absolutely minimise customer disatisfaction. You have to _know_ what you are most likely getting.
    Splitting them into rare/mythic/MP packs (all separate) is essential, otherwise getting less than the top prize is _always_ disappointing.
    There CANNOT be any dupes. This has to be coded into it automatically instead of requiring even more painful support interaction. There is no downside to the company requiring this.

If someone wants to use enough pink crystals to get every rare, every mythic, every masterpiece, that's actually GOOD FOR THE COMPANY. So just allow it already, make it _easier_ for everyone (not necessarily cheaper at all), just take away the pain and make every interaction between us and the company actually _happy_.

That's been the biggest biggest problem of all the problems of the last 6 months. A LOT of the pain didn't have to happen. Some of it _did_ and was outside D3go's control, but the way they handled it _added_ pain. Please learn from that and start taking pain out of things as much as possible.

There are a lot of little sources of pain that all add up to make much bigger problems. If you take away most of the little problems people cope better with the big problems.

Speaking of little problems, this is a 5 card booster from today, it's so silly it's funny:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzu2hmtgn21443u/File 13-11-17, 1 19 29 pm.png?dl=0

No computer game needs to let this happen. Letting this happen, in a game that has no use for duplicates, is a deliberate choice.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:

Speaking of little problems, this is a 5 card booster from today, it's so silly it's funny:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzu2hmtgn21443u/File 13-11-17, 1 19 29 pm.png?dl=0

No computer game needs to let this happen. Letting this happen, in a game that has no use for duplicates, is a deliberate choice.
    In paper MTG, you never get duplicates in a booster pack unless one of them is a foil, do you?
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Literally because it's not random. Which is also why it got abused. 
  • shteev
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Literally because it's not random. Which is also why it got abused. 
    Abused how?
  • Ohboy
    Options
    I'm surprised you don't remember/know of box mapping.

If there's a game of chance that doesn't work randomly, people will try to abuse it. Just look at the people trying to nail down the "optimal time" to open packs based on that assumption. 
  • shteev
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    I'm surprised you don't remember/know of box mapping.

If there's a game of chance that doesn't work randomly, people will try to abuse it. Just look at the people trying to nail down the "optimal time" to open packs based on that assumption. 
    I thought they fixed that in the end?

[edit] also, isn't it the same in MTG Online, that you don't get dupes in boosters?
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Sure. They fixed it... Sort of.  But come on you're a programmer. You know that unless something random was inserted into the process, something like this is possible to reverse engineer.  The only limitation is data. Since we don't know what they did, we can't say it's fixed. 

For my draft games, I repack cards into packs(because I'm cheap), and then shuffle the packs around in a hopefully random manner. That might be how they're doing it, but it's contrary to the principles of mass production. Easy to implement in a digital game though. 

So, that would solve the dupe Commons that pop up within the same pack. It doesn't solve the thing that people actually hate... Getting duplicate rares in multiple pack bundles.

We could prepackage bundles too the same way packs are done... Then you're left with a bundle that's worth a lot more than the sum of its parts. The drop rates will be skewed, so they'll raise prices, and I'll have to hear about some silly boycott movement again.