Please banish nonsense decks

Options
sutoLkcalB
sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
This makes no sense beside unnerving players:
My opponents deck has only destroy cards - so after turn 43 still no damage done on any side. Could you please ban this person?

//Removed Insult -Brigby

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sounds like an Ob deck. Don't need anything besides his ultimate to win.
  • sutoLkcalB
    Options
    In the end I won the game - with full health.
    I do not remember after which turn - but I did make several breaks to eat, go to the privy, ....
    it was my longest match ever. And without any crashing of the game - so there was some sense:
    testing stability of the app ;)
  • sutoLkcalB
    Options
    I am being faster now. I played against a similar nonsense deck - with only destroy cards.
    But this time I did know already these type of decks and did not play any creature anymore.
    So after turn 97 I won - but it is still no fun.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s not nonsense though. It’s a very effective strategy for a lot of objectives and they’re also really fun to play. I have creatureless decks for Dovin, Saheeli, Ob, C1, Sorin and Tezz2. Building creatureless is actually my current “break the monotony” thing to do. 
  • sutoLkcalB
    Options
    May be. But when played by the "AI" it is no fun. You know you will not lose the game - but you have to play 100+ turns to actually win it.
    That goes in the same category as with "gem-combo-decks". May be fun to play yourself - but is more than boring when playing against it.

And the first of these nonsense decks had not one card which did damage to my PW - in x100 turns. If this is not nonsense ...
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Maybe it's because all damage should come from pw ability or cycle? 
    Hint: hexproof creatures. Or supports bringing creatures each turn like riddleform 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I use haste. player controlled decks act very different
    from ai controlling player decks. there are troll decks
    but I assume players just create decks for what is fun
    for them personally.

HH
  • sutoLkcalB
    Options
    @Szamsziel
    nope - the deck really had only destroy cards (all sorts of - also destroy support). May be it contained a "to the slaughter"); but I never saw that. And I also did not play creatures or token generating supports anymore, to block his hand - so that finally my support cards could finish him.
    Hexproof creatures would theoretically work - but I do not like them. To expensive w/o adequate advantages.
    There are too many cards against them (damage to all creatures, block first creature, destroy/exile when attack, ...)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Szamsziel
    nope - the deck really had only destroy cards (all sorts of - also destroy support). May be it contained a "to the slaughter"); but I never saw that. And I also did not play creatures or token generating supports anymore, to block his hand - so that finally my support cards could finish him.
    Hexproof creatures would theoretically work - but I do not like them. To expensive w/o adequate advantages.
    There are too many cards against them (damage to all creatures, block first creature, destroy/exile when attack, ...)
    @Ohboy  — spells over supports — I’m going to win this. TotP Black would be the best testing grounds. 

@sutoLkcalB — I’m assuming this was an Ob deck. In that case, the problem is AI always plays the ability when it’s available, not when it’s strategically appropriate. 

The only way to counter this is to pack your own discard or play hexproof as a sideboard. 
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Even Hexproof will not be safe against a full-blown all kill-spell decks, as black has Anguished Unmaking in legacy and Doomfall and Grind + Dust in Standard to ensure your creatures WILL die. But yeah, they could help a bit.
  • sutoLkcalB
    Options
    And Again.
    This time the goals were to win with less than 50 or less than 20 lives. 
    And guess what
    I got this OB nonsense deck as an opponent. No damage possible from the opponents side.
    I can only repeat my request to banish these decks.
  • Szamsziel
    Options
    Ob decks are often based on the ultimate.  as ai don't use it - it looks like nonsense but it is working. I'm using creaturless ob deck - have no problem with control my life (using skills). Depending on your colors there may be some cards which harm the owner. Check your cards.
  • sutoLkcalB
    Options
    And Again.
    This time the goals were to get less than 30 or 10 damage points.
    Ob deck as an opponent. I was tempted to cancel the match - if I would not need the points...
    I can only repeat my request to banish these decks.

@Szamsziel
    if you like those decks then there may be some sense for you to play such decks. But it makes no sense to play against them. That is my point.
    Hence it would better to banish them. There is no gaming possible with these decks.
  • Szamsziel
    Options
    @sutoLkcalB now I do not understand. What is the problem here. That ai deck don't do damage to you? So you should be happy having it on less damage node. That is build to kill your creatures? Switch before game to supports. Or get advantage of it - use graveyard (embalm, externalize, scrappers). That it is discarding your cards? Play cheaper spells. That it's not doing damage? Damage yourself or lower your starting life (play tg with pw, surrender so your life goesdown).
    Just adapt. You know your next opponent so switch some cards. Black cannot deal well with supports - use your knowledge. 
    I really enjoy playing against different decks
     Event troll ones - it helps me get better. 
  • sutoLkcalB
    Options
    @Szamsziel
    The problem is that no gaming is possible. There is no challenge. Right from the beginning it is clear I will win. The match could be simply skipped and the points assigned.
    The idea of a game is to play it. Not to watch and do nothing. Or randomly play cards and still win.
    I for myself can not enjoy this sort of decks.