**** Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse) ****

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    To be fair on Fury, he hasn't been through a normal boost week since his rebalance, so I'm one of the few who has high hopes for that run. 

Back to Bobbi, she is very entertaining to run at 5 covers in her yellow passive. When I have time, I actually run her in the Enchilada with the essential 3* from the previous node, and restrict the team to only the 'free' powers I earn. She still helps to blast right through those two waves, and it's good for a laugh.

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Furry is very solid now especially if you can pair him with a five who will really hammer people when the criticals come out with his yellow.  I think Mockingbird would be a great 3rd to help cast his yellow as much as possible.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    That's all Fury is good for now... making crits... Might as well use 5* Spidey then.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, he said “furry”. But Beast and Lockjaw don’t make crits with yellow, so he must have datamined Tigra. Referring to Tigra as ‘him’ was probably a typo.
  • Rick_OShay
    edited November 2017
    We're talking about 4*s and you suggest people should just use 5pidey?  Helpful.

Anyway, back to Mockingbird again. She's been great to play with Rogue lately. Siphon a red-highest enemy to make gathering for Bombshell much easier. But also, once you have the Siphon active, Rogue has only 1 remaining active power. This is excellent since MB may earn you that Sugah YGD punch for free (and the 9 AP). And the bombshell CD's are fortified at 5 covers, so you don't need to worry about them getting removed by this power firing on their random position. 

Naturally she is quite good with Carol as well. If there are no CD's out yet, the only power you would earn for 'free' from Carol's is her amazing black. Of course you could get any teammate's power, but the less available actives there are, the better chances it is one you want.
    If there is a CD on the board it could proc Carol's yellow power, but hopefully it reduces a MB bombshell CD.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    His suggestion was bringing a 5* to make Fury useful, how is that better?

Fury by himself is now very very mediocre whereas before I would actually use him, now he's benched forever. I can use yellow more often but its just a big meh. Purple's dmg is not good enough for the AP and the strike tile is plain bad.

Yellow costed a lot but it packed a mean punch, now its laughable. Purple's strike tile was the main value of that skill, its now too weak.

Anyway, I like Mockingbird, red is good for the AP, yellow passive is fun, not sure who to pair her with besides red generators for now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    No, he said “furry”. But Beast and Lockjaw don’t make crits with yellow, so he must have datamined Tigra. Referring to Tigra as ‘him’ was probably a typo.

Nah, it's probably Jack Russell, Werewolf by Night.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    My suggestion was to bring a 5 to maximize Fury but he is very solid on a 4 star team he just does not have the damage potential on a 4 star team that he does on a team with a 5 star when they make a crit match.  Most of us are not so lucky to have a fully covered Spidey (also you would bring Miles with him anyway) but most of us have a 5 with several covers in the character, leveled or not, the match damage difference is huge 6-10k on an all 4star team to 10-20K on a team with 1 5 star.  He is very solid now and a great support and if you could get Mockingbird to fire his yellow you are going to mow through teams, especially in 4 land.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Hey [redacted]!

I forgot I posted in this thread and champed Fury, before reading your comments!

I opened a bunch of tokens chasing a Gambit since he was essential. Mockingbird is now 4/5/4. Waiting for a 14th cover to champ her since I now have a bunch of others on the vine. About to champ Professor X next.

Then (iso permitting) I have to choose between:

Sandman (the only latest on the vine)

Kingpin (about to have 2 covers on the vine)

Invisible Woman (probably the best character of the three).

To add something productive to this thread, I think Professor (my next champ) could be a good pair with Bobbi since he has no actives and you can better control what active power gets fired. Just a thought.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey jerks!

I forgot I posted in this thread and champed Fury, before reading your comments!

I opened a bunch of tokens chasing a Gambit since he was essential. Mockingbird is now 4/5/4. Waiting for a 14th cover to champ her since I now have a bunch of others on the vine. About to champ Professor X next.

Then (iso permitting) I have to choose between:

Sandman (the only latest on the vine)

Kingpin (about to have 2 covers on the vine)

Invisible Woman (probably the best character of the three).

To add something productive to this thread, I think Professor (my next champ) could be a good pair with Bobbi since he has no actives and you can better control what active power gets fired. Just a thought.
     He has an active if he isn't already invisible. But if he is invisible, yeah, no actives.
  • Rick_OShay
    edited November 2017
    Mockingbird purple Secret Mission is quite useful against enemy Carol. For 8 AP you can gather your strongest color without making enemy Carol get all mad about it. And it seems that when I qualify for a 'free' power, I get this one half the time. Just be sure that MB isn't your strongest character, or you'll earn purple back for using this...
    EDIT: Incorrect, as pointed out below her strongest color is Red, thank goodness.

I agree, it's good to use her with characters who have just a few active powers so that you have a better chance at earning something good for free. I don't think bringing along PX is worth this mitigation though, big and useful powers like Moon Knight, IronHeart, C4ge, etc. seem to make more sense, and of course they can be the useful 3rd.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mockingbird purple Secret Mission is quite useful against enemy Carol. For 8 AP you can gather your strongest color without making enemy Carol get all mad about it. And it seems that when I qualify for a 'free' power, I get this one half the time. Just be sure that MB isn't your strongest character, or you'll earn purple back for using this...

I agree, it's good to use her with characters who have just a few active powers so that you have a better chance at earning something good for free. I don't think bringing along PX is worth this mitigation though, big and useful powers like Moon Knight, IronHeart, C4ge, etc. seem to make more sense, and of course they can be the useful 3rd.
    Mockingbirds strongest colour is Red...
  • Rick_OShay
    Ah yes, I must have been thinking purple from when I was using her with a strongest purple user, making her purple nearly useless. Corrected above, thanks J!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey jerks!

Be careful, you can't say "jerks" anymore on the forums. I literally got a warning for it yesterday.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey jerks!

Be careful, you can't say "jerks" anymore on the forums. I literally got a warning for it yesterday.
    Thanks. I was being playful, but I edited it lol
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Gave my 4/2/4 Mockingbird a bit of a test run in the Hulk PVE as she's boosted. I can already see I need that extra cover in red, as having those countdown tiles fortified would make a massive difference in not having at least one matched away
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I have her at 5/1/1 but I already really like her. And yeah, the tile fortification pretty much guarantee her red going off successfully most of the time. One thing I like with her red is that if you fire red on your current turn and on your following turn, it's possible for all of them to go off all at once, dealing 20k dmg.

I was skeptical at first about her yellow, but after fighting her in Luke Cage PVP, it's much scarier than I thought. Got punished from making a match-4 2 times with Cage's Righteous Uppercut. Ouch.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    himatako said:
    I was skeptical at first about her yellow, but after fighting her in Luke Cage PVP, it's much scarier than I thought. Got punished from making a match-4 2 times with Cage's Righteous Uppercut. Ouch.
    Yeah the key is to pair her with allies who have powers that are unconditionally good. Luke Cage is definitely one of those.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    After finally champing her with 11 covers on the vine, I enjoyed climbing with her during the Medusa PvP. I was pleasantly surprised to find that her passive still triggered her awesome red power, even when teamed up with Gambit. 5/5/3 seems like the way to go, as I really like her passive.
  • Katien
    Katien Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Is there any more Bobbi technology?  I like her with Rogue and Peggy.  I know there's no black, but this team has been fun.