Black Only Gambit as a Battery

Pwuz_
Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
So now that Gambit has entered Tokens, I ended up with 3 Black covers.  After using him in his current form as a battery (this PvE he’s fueling Cyclops & Star Lord primarily), I’m very pleased with the results.  So much so that I’m contemplating collecting a 2nd 3* version to use as there is no difference between the 3* & 5* versions Black ability.  

Has anyone else tried this yet and  how much better does it feel earning that extra 1 AP per color per round?
Tagged:

Comments

• dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    He's a bit squishy imo. I run a purple battery 0/5/5 3* Gambit paired with iron fist and whoever, but Vulture is a great choice. Fires red to do damage and collect AP with the charged tiles, generates purple for IF to create black and then punch after 12 black. With Vulture, you get Vulture airborne quick which gains green for IF strike tiles or his AOE, blue for Vulture to remove special tiles and do damage and red to help Gambit.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    The 0/0/5 Team of death is pairing with 5/5/3 spider-gwen, and 5/3/5 miles morales. Turn 2 you are stun locking the opposing team down.  Spider-Gwen with 5 purple teenage kicks stuns 2 random opponents for 2 turns for 6 purple.  Miles for 6 red does a 1 turn stun for 6 red with his venom blast..  If you start with boost, you stun the opposing team to start.  Just use  a +2yellow/red and a single multicolor boost.  With luck you can quickly down one of the opponents characters, and Gwen will stun lock the remaining two.
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    This is probably a stupid question, but mechanically, how do you create a dupe for your roster? I’ve got a champed 3* gambit and have some black covers i’d Like to use as a dupe, but can only continue adding levels to my champed gambit. How do I roster a dupe (or must my existing gambit be max champed first?) Thanks!
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    gambat, spidergwen and the thing are ridiculous on defense. 
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Is a 0/0/5 Gambit that passively creates 2 red & 2 purple still a problem? Maybe make 1 red AP generation a passive that you get at 1 red cover, and the same for purple. That way if you are willing to lock out teammate powers, you can have 3/3 AP generation, if not, you only get 2/2.

Maybe throw in passively creating 1 charged purple and/or 1 charged red tile for the 5th black cover to make up for the change?

Would that be reasonable?  
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    whoami said:
    This is probably a stupid question, but mechanically, how do you create a dupe for your roster? I’ve got a champed 3* gambit and have some black covers i’d Like to use as a dupe, but can only continue adding levels to my champed gambit. How do I roster a dupe (or must my existing gambit be max champed first?) Thanks!
    Nevermind, I figured it out. (Click on the star and then it will let you re-roster.) Guess I can go ahead and level up my 5/4/4 lvl 270 5* Phoenix. This should be fun!
  • Sabaton74
    Sabaton74 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    @whoami curious to know how that 5* champing turned out.