Suggestion: use actual card art for Amonkhet planeswalkers

I don't know why the old developers decided to use different art than what's on the actual cards for the Amonkhet planeswalkers (Gideon of the Trials; Nissa, Steward of Elements; and Liliana, Death's Majesty), but I would love to see the new developers replace what we have now with the real art. Every day I regret spending crystals on Gideon of the Trials because I don't like looking at him. Would anyone else want to see the current art replaced by the real ones?
Tagged:

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the art they picked for Nissa and Liliana over their actual card art. The art on the actual cards looks more sedintary where as the art in this game is more active.

Plus this art doesn't have the same off putting issues of background colors reflected onto clothes from backgrounds that no longer exist. 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    This bothered me too. They should change the art.
  • Elspeth_Tirel
    Elspeth_Tirel Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    While we're at it, I also think they should bring back the real backgrounds rather than the solid colors we have now. Most of these planeswalkers have great art. Why not use that rather than photoshop the characters out of context or use lower-caliber work like the art we have for the Amonkhet walkers right now? There are better ways to indicate the planeswalker's color(s), IMO.
  • khurram
    I'd also like to know why they did not implement the correct art for the eternalized tokens. They did it for embalm, so what gives? The eternalize creatures already kind of suck, and messing up the tokens' art makes me never want to play them.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate the ingame art for Liliana.

Microtransactions for cosmetic changes, maybe? Let's get some hats going in this game!
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    While we're at it, I also think they should bring back the real backgrounds rather than the solid colors we have now. Most of these planeswalkers have great art. Why not use that rather than photoshop the characters out of context or use lower-caliber work like the art we have for the Amonkhet walkers right now? There are better ways to indicate the planeswalker's color(s), IMO.

I agree, I think it looks terrible and is done a little sloppily. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    What about the old mana loading wheel?  That was the coolest part of the game, I never understood why they took it out.  Should be easy to put back (for those who don't know the old loading wheel was the 5 mana circles spinning instead of a boring white circle)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love the original card art for Lilli -- wish they had used it as well. 

Mburn7 said:
    What about the old mana loading wheel?  That was the coolest part of the game, I never understood why they took it out.  Should be easy to put back (for those who don't know the old loading wheel was the 5 mana circles spinning instead of a boring white circle)
    I forgot about this -- seems they took it out when they added a lot of other graphics features. 

I'm hoping once the bugs are cleared and the game is stable and we have a new set and booster crafting, the devs can put some thought into the graphics -- I think the original graphics were better than what we have today (with the exception of the PW tab which is a vast improvement over scrolling).
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    A lot of the pws have their alt art. Garruk a Ajani Vengeant and elspeth spring immediately to mind. They're from the duel decks. I'm guessing it has to do with the original art. I suppose it doesn't really make a difference to me, either way. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, I'd forgotten about that Garruk art. It's AWFUL.
  • khurram
    Garruk looks like he is from the Flintstones