**** Drax (The Destroyer) ****

18910111214»

Comments

• Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I just champed Drax and I thought I would never end up using him. However, I had an absolute blast climbing with him and boosted 4* Blade in the Loki event. At 5/5/3, he would absolutely SHRED guys after my Loki would get all those CD tiles out. His passive was massively boosted by Blade's strike tiles, which put the enemy into a world of pain with each CD tile. If I decided to make a match 4 that would cause the enemy Loki to throw his tiles out, I'd just wipe them out with Drax's black. Lots of fun!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is 5/5/3 his best build post rework, or just with that team?
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Is 5/5/3 his best build post rework, or just with that team?
    Blade's red is much better than Drax's, so I was using 5/5/3 with that team. You're going to want to change him around to fit the needs of your team. Normally, I'd say that his best build would be 4/4/5, or even 5/3/5 if you aren't going to have any countdown tiles active.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Just champed him in time for his boost week and I like most of his playstyle. His red does good damage inexpensively, as long as you plan to hit an enemy with 90%+ health. 
    His black and purple are a bit too situational for boosted-character teams, but fine when you can plan your own team, as in Sim for example.
    Since Drax cannot create his own CD's, his purple should allow you to count friendly/enemy specials when determining the strike tile strength. At the very least, count all CD's - and repeater tiles, whether they are friendly or not.  Playing him with Rocket & Groot, why wouldn't you get a stronger strike tile when their blue CD/repeater is out? It costs 12 AP, we need the bonus on Drax's strike as a reward for playing this!
    His black can really save you vs enemy CD's and strong specials. However, it can be quite weak if the enemy team has 0 or very few specials on the board.  I realize that his design allows for damage every time a friendly CD resolves on the board, so he has played well with Wasp and with TA Hulk who are boosted as well.
    Overall, he's another character who can boost Grocket's strike tile strength, so that's always a plus. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    He worth championing? I find it hard to really capitalize on his purple. Starlord and Coulson have better purples, and his passive isn't that useful without some strikes to add damage. Maybe paired with Antman? I guess a Carol, War Machine, Drax team would be pretty good, but Drax isn't really helping much. Carol is boosting tiles by 500+, Drax just adds maybe 1k damage. If I am building a team around expiring countdowns I would focus it around Carol, not Drax.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Antman/Drax has been a Thing even before Drax’s rework. Them with Carol is a nightmare. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Drax/Wasp is pretty fun too.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Antman/Drax has been a Thing even before Drax’s rework. Them with Carol is a nightmare. 
    Ant-man & Carol can be absolutely devastating. Resolving Ant-man's yellow countdown's, especially with Carol's black already out, will create strikes that do ungodly damage. Add Drax into the mix and things will go from bad to worse very quickly for your enemies. It's tricky against active opponents because a little board control is required, but against goons this is a simple combo to pull off. Against active opponents you need the red tiles spread around a bit so they don't get matched away when you cast Ant-Man's yellow; while they are resolving try to keep the yellow tiles spread out for the strike tile generation.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed him today. He seems good. But I'm not entirely sure how to build him and with whom. I opted for 5/3/5. Obviously if you're pairing him with Star-lord X/5/X is best.

I'm imagining the fun of a Star-Lord, Drax, 4* Grocket team.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Champed him today. He seems good. But I'm not entirely sure how to build him and with whom. I opted for 5/3/5. Obviously if you're pairing him with Star-lord X/5/X is best.

I'm imagining the fun of a Star-Lord, Drax, 4* Grocket team.

Black is probably his best Power after the rework, destroying the enemy's countdowns and special tiles and causing some board shake in the process can be very useful. So I'd probably run him 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 depending on how much use there would be for Purple.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
     ...and with whom.

See the post above yours and try him with Ant-Man.