**** Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse) ****

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    mockingbird and vulture.
    vulture keeps ap high and can't fire powers while being airborne. 
    experimenting with the third... i like cd, riri, Carol... what do you think? 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about Green Goblin as a 3rd?

he fortifies the CDs Vulture and Mock put down and speed them up. His purple has lots of variety. And his black hits hard and is cheap. If you use Mockingbird’s purple instead of GGs, you’ll probably gain AP in black if GG is the highest level character of the 3.
  • ammenell
    I don't even have goblin rostered...
    no mockingbird fanboys here? 
    too early? 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    ammenell said:
    too early? 
    Mine is only 7 covers right now, but she is my current BH. I plan to user her with Carol & Rogue (whom are both champed). The only color I would miss would be blue, but Siphoning a blue user could change that. Or you could swap Carol with Wasp and get usable blue regardless. 

Because her Bombshell would definitely be at 5 covers, and you would have only a 2-turn CD, I feel that reduction for her CDs is not needed. But if somebody wants to take advantage of those CDs, maybe 5* Hawkeye or Coulson would be good team-mates.

As for the Vulture combination, you would only lack yellow as an active color, therefore I would use Cloak & Dagger as the third: helps Vulture get black consistently and also has an active yellow. Actually I think Vulture and C&D are very good together, and Mockingbird is just a good third for them. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Coulson is dangerous in team with Mockingbird since he will sometimes reduce a countdown timer (his purple passive: When you make a match while you have 6 or more Team-Up AP, spend 2 Team-Up AP to reduce 1 random friendly Countdown timer by 1.
    If he reduces one of Mockingbird's two countdowns they'll get out of synch and will lead to self-harm.

When using Mockingbird without Coulson I never fail to get full potential from her red.
    When using her with Coulson I fail to get full potential from her red sometimes.
    That's not how Bombshell works.  When the game processes an expiring Bombshell countdown, it searches the board for a second Bombshell countdown and removes it.  There is no requirement that the second countdown is also expiring on the current turn.  So I doubt Coulson's passive is causing this problem: if anything, he should make her power more reliably by firing it quicker.

I've played a few games where I cast Bombshell on two successive turns, so I then had two countdowns expiring one turn and two the next.  Sometimes I'll have two explosions in the turn (i.e. if the first countdown to expire pairs with one of the newer ones), and sometimes I'll get one explosion and another in the subsequent turn.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love how if you have bombshell CD tiles on the board, then thanos 5* casts infinite power, since the bombshell ability is suppose to remove the second countdown tile as a board effect, thanos prevents this, so bombshell casts twice instead of once. Sweet deal.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I love how if you have bombshell CD tiles on the board, then thanos 5* casts infinite power, since the bombshell ability is suppose to remove the second countdown tile as a board effect, thanos prevents this, so bombshell casts twice instead of once. Sweet deal.
    Yes this is great, so that you get nearly double the bombshell damage, but you need to note that the 2nd CD does cause the self-damage to Mockingbird (worth it obv).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    ammenell said:
    too early? 
    I'm definitely a Mockingbird fanboy!
    Using her with Vulture is of course cool but maybe not Riri due to the red conflict. Both of them have top-notch red abilities.
    Riri is not as much of a conflict as you would think; when opportunity triggers, all three of Riri's powers are excellent to get for free. I've been using those two with Star-Lord (mostly because he and Riri are boosted) in Venom Bomb. Between Bobbi and Star-Lord, I have all the AP, and sooo many cheap/free powers.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes this is great, so that you get nearly double the bombshell damage, but you need to note that the 2nd CD does cause the self-damage to Mockingbird (worth it obv).
    the self damage being at 1200 is borderline unnoticeable anyways hahaha
  • ammenell
    mexus said:
    ammenell said:
    too early? 
    I'm definitely a Mockingbird fanboy!
    Using her with Vulture is of course cool but maybe not Riri due to the red conflict. Both of them have top-notch red abilities.
    Riri is not as much of a conflict as you would think; when opportunity triggers, all three of Riri's powers are excellent to get for free. I've been using those two with Star-Lord (mostly because he and Riri are boosted) in Venom Bomb. Between Bobbi and Star-Lord, I have all the AP, and sooo many cheap/free powers.
    this. 
    riris and MBs red are both good, don't really care. riri is boosted now, otherwise it's a strategic difference, not so much in damage.

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd argue that C&D would be a good 3rd for her regardless, and the tile gen will make it so you can choose to leave 4-matches for the enemy in colors you'd already have stocked for her passive
  • ammenell
    this is why I love vulture as partner, it leaves more options to set up match-4s.
    it's a tactical choice if the color benefits the enemy team, plus the match damage can hurt! 
    could match away enemy strikes, but could also set up a match4 in a color to trigger opportunity? who eats the 3k+ for the match and maybe additional cascades? 
  • ammenell
    btw, I tried how her red reacted to coulsons passive - it doesn't trigger self damage. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    ammenell said:
    btw, I tried how her red reacted to coulsons passive - it doesn't trigger self damage. 
    You mean if Coulson reduces the timer on one of her tiles? No, it wouldn't, unless it's the only one. Just like if it counted down to 0 on its own.
  • ammenell
    i thought there was a discussion about that situation, must have misunderstood
  • Jaedenkaal
    ammenell said:
    i thought there was a discussion about that situation, must have misunderstood
    Yeah there was a few pages ago. I'd forgotten about that. Your experience matches the assumptions of the majority.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is 4/4/4 but lack of iso has her at level 70 yet to be played. Likely won’t be Champed for awhile.  Just champed Cyclops.  Now grinding to champ Gamora.  Also have 2 Furys set to expire soon that I might have to sell off the 2-Farm to champ.  One day, Bobbi.... one day.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Mine is 4/4/4 but lack of iso has her at level 70 yet to be played. Likely won’t be Champed for awhile.  Just champed Cyclops.  Now grinding to champ Gamora.  Also have 2 Furys set to expire soon that I might have to sell off the 2-Farm to champ.  One day, Bobbi.... one day.
    I'd champ Mockingbird over Fury any day.  But that being said, you do need one more cover for that. I think you can play her pretty good with 4/4/4 also.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    I'd champ Mockingbird over Fury any day.  But that being said, you do need one more cover for that. I think you can play her pretty good with 4/4/4 also.

Agreed. I feel like Fury was a waste of ISO. I never use him, even when boosted. The rebalance only slightly helped him
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:

Agreed. I feel like Fury was a waste of ISO. I never use him, even when boosted. The rebalance only slightly helped him
    It probably made him worse with all the nerfs to yellow and the very **** strike tile now.