0/0/5 Gambit should still block red and purple

With the recent introduction of Gambit, teams with 0/0/5 Gambits start to show up in PVP paired with Peggy Carter, Spider-Gwen and other characters with strong red. Please have him block red and purple regardless of whether you have a purple or red cover, This comes across as a serious balancing issue and does not promote diverse rosters as little strategy is required to overwhelm the enemy team with red powers. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering how Little Health he has with only 5 out of 13 covers, I don't Think this is a huge problem.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    You'd think that, but when Gwen and Thing can start firing off all the stuns on turn 3, you basically don't get a chance to down him before you're locked out of the game.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Quebbster said:
    Considering how Little Health he has with only 5 out of 13 covers, I don't Think this is a huge problem.
    Hah, when powered, he can be pretty tough. With Spider Gwen, they can stun 2 members of your team every 2nd round. When one of your chars die, you lost (unless you have someone with stun resist, which is Surfer and... isnt he the only one?).

If you are the one who is attacking, you can easily move Gambutt in the back and enemy without AoE wont reach him.

Champed OML in PvP first time i realised how bugged 0/0/5 build may be https://i.imgur.com/L7NGK5c.png

(i was such an idiot i was using 4* Blade to profit from Gambit giving reds lol :D )
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    I tend to disagree, was facing Spider-Gwen and the nonstop stun was a challenge. Add cherry bomb to that and your team is obliterated in no time. Also, as other have pointed out, you simply can't take him out fast enough. 

I see more and more teams with a black only Gambit, a good indication of just how good this combo is.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Gambit is easily dispatched in a few rounds with R&G + Gamora. That shouldn't be an issue for anyone since every team I face in simulator seems to have them. This feels a lot like the complaints that people used to have about IM40, or the professor X, switch, BWGS combo. It's far too early to talk about changing this character. It's new and we haven't adapted, so it feels overpowered, but it will be left behind by new meta soon enough. 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the recent introduction of Gambit, teams with 0/0/5 Gambits start to show up in PVP paired with Peggy Carter, Spider-Gwen and other characters with strong red. Please have him block red and purple regardless of whether you have a purple or red cover, This comes across as a serious balancing issue and does not promote diverse rosters as little strategy is required to overwhelm the enemy team with red powers. 
    Given the way that 5* covers continue to be at the mercy of rng, this seems like an extremely heavy handed approach to an unbalanced character.

If they wanted to stop this sort of stuff being an issue then they should just make the first cover of any 5* give a 1/1/1 character.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl said:
    Given the way that 5* covers continue to be at the mercy of rng, this seems like an extremely heavy handed approach to an unbalanced character.

If they wanted to stop this sort of stuff being an issue then they should just make the first cover of any 5* give a 1/1/1 character.
    He's talking about the 3* version.
    No sane person deliberately builds a 5* dupe.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    I'm going to take back what I said earlier. I ran across a 3-star Gambit black & Spider-Gwen team went after them with my R&G/Gamora team. I got my **** handed to me because they also had The Thing which jumped in front of Gambit, and then put up a bunch of shield tiles. I'm hoping this doesn't catch on.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Zalasta said:
    I'm going to take back what I said earlier. I ran across a 3-star Gambit black & Spider-Gwen team went after them with my R&G/Gamora team. I got my tinykitty handed to me because they also had The Thing which jumped in front of Gambit, and then put up a bunch of shield tiles. I'm hoping this doesn't catch on.
    Same experience here, Spider Gwen with Teenage Kicks and Cherry Bomb gets out of hand quickly. I'm fine with the 5* version being strong, just think the 3* version is a bit too much with the AP generation.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Zalasta said:
    I'm going to take back what I said earlier. I ran across a 3-star Gambit black & Spider-Gwen team went after them with my R&G/Gamora team. I got my tinykitty handed to me because they also had The Thing which jumped in front of Gambit, and then put up a bunch of shield tiles. I'm hoping this doesn't catch on.
    It has. I've seen that team myself. It's a complete disaster. Red AND purple stuns
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    So after facing him a few times, just want to say... I totally agree this is out of control! Worst so far is definitely combined with Spidergwen. It doesn' matter that he (3*) has low health, there isn't really anything that can knock him out in 2 turns  (ignoring possible champ5* which I can' test: not should that be the answer to a 3*).
    I see a lot of calls for nerf threads, always disagree, everything can be handled, but this time its on point.
    Maybe just give black some kind of active, then make the passive not allow anyone to use active red or purple while he is alive regardless?
  • Jaedenkaal
    OR ... are they are intentionally goosing players into chasing broken toons? That's a shady P2W practice i dont want to see confirmed in MPQ!
    No kidding. Wasn't Iron Fist nerfed in like a week for making 1-2 too many Black tiles?