MtGPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/25/17)

Options
2»

Comments

• Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Yes, please dig that puppy up and throw it in the rotation.  Was really basic but fun event.  Also, it seems the event spacing is a little squirrely.  Why no PvP events on Weds/Thurs?
    Why no PvP coalition event on Weds/Thurs? 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know we shouldn't talk too much about other games, but Marvel Puzzle Quest is the same company so maybe that's allowed...

The have a bunch of PvE and PvP events going on at all times with different levels of time commitment and pressure. Some are coalition, some are not. There are _way_ too many to actually do them all. You have to pick and choose your own priorities. Some of them I enter and just play 1 or 2 games, some I don't even enter, some I do all of. But there is a huge amount of choice.

The Coalition events have the most pressure because other people are relying on you, they are the ones you can't put off, so you can't have more than 1 of those at a time.
    But having so many other events going on... Sure it's frustrating that you can't actually do everything, but it's a better situation than not having anything to do.

The friction becomes your _personal_ pressure to try and complete everything that is happening. I'm not sure if it's a better situation or not, depends on personality even.

Making more Story that people can do whenever they feel like and also making story easier to fit in (by having event decks so you don't have to sacrifice your current decks like you currently do) will fix some of this. Things people can do whenever they like in a _relaxing_ manner solves a lot of things. (Story currently isn't relaxing because you need to do maintenance/management work to record you old decks, adjust them to story and then put them back because story only lets you use Custom 1, the difficulty in just doing things adds to whether they are fun or not)

Yes. I'm rambling, I think I'm a bit light headed! Hopefully you can get the gist of what I mean.

• blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @kinesia nice info from marvel pq. i don't play that game myself (having only enough spare time n cash for 1 game for now).

one good coalition event per week while the rest of the week are sprinkled with short non-coalition events sounds  wonderful. rewards would have to be re-tailored with the appropriate commensuration to entice people to play them though. 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Kinesia she ded 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @kinesia nice info from marvel pq. i don't play that game myself (having only enough spare time n cash for 1 game for now).

one good coalition event per week while the rest of the week are sprinkled with short non-coalition events sounds  wonderful. rewards would have to be re-tailored with the appropriate commensuration to entice people to play them though. 
    I only keep a hand in because I already played it, I'd never go back, this is much better with much more possibilities and complexity.

I really only have a look to see how they are modelling new heroes.

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kinesia said:

I only keep a hand in because I already played it, I'd never go back, this is much better with much more possibilities and complexity.

I really only have a look to see how they are modelling new heroes.

I check in and cash out all kinds of covers but also to compare / contrast. The VIP subscription thing is interesting too, where there is no similar program in MtGPQ. 
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for the NoP running during the weekend! Much appreciated here. However, I join the other comments asking for more variety (and less vehicles, please)
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby are we going to see a November schedule?
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby are we going to have an Hour of Revelation event on Wednesday ?