Devs-Is this the game you want?

Options
Purty_Hawkeye
Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I've seen this asked in a number of threads at least three or four times and I wanted to pull it out and see if anyone on the dev side wants to comment.

Is the impact of community scaling to level the playing field for as many players as possible? The idea being if it works every player is faced with an equivalent amount of risk/reward?
Is the speed of the game currently what you want it to be? With the nerfing of Thorverine and Rags there are no more thirty second wins against equivalent or higher powered teams. It takes me about 4-5minutes a game to knock down 230/230/230 levels in PvE and about 2-3 minutes in PvP for non-trivial matchups. Others results may vary but in the Rag/GSBW 3/3/3 boosts. I could beat any team in less than a minute which was clearly not intended. Nerfs and boost changes have changed that as I risk going in without boosts anymore which means mistakes can be fatal.
Thanks for answering, if you do. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I asked this a few weeks ago without a direct answer. After looking around this evening I think there is an answer; 98,668 players playing The Hulk event. As much as we might be complaining about the game it has grown from 60,000 to almost 100,000 players in just under three months. It might not be the game I started playing but numbers don't lie and these changes have produced more players and more players means more money even if it is 1% paying for 99% there are more of them.
    I'd also caution those of you on the forum to realize you are the very vocal tiny minority; just over 2,000 forum members is almost nothing and all the complaining and whining is justifiably being ignored by the devs just like my OP. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    While I certainly don't know a whole lot about mobile game player growth statistics, I can't help but assume that going from 60K to 100K during months 4 through 6 is anything other than incredible. Just reading the forums, you would have thought that MPQ was hemorrhaging players throughout that time span.
  • Looks like everyone ignored the post, not just the devs. You should reflect on that.

Also it's been answered that they want match times between 3-5 minutes. They've also answered the scaling questions , improvements are being made constantly, on at least 10 different occasions. There's your answers. G'day
  • From reading the forums for a while, especially IceIX's posts, I'd bet the answer is something like, "no - not yet... but its getting closer!"

And I'd agree with that. Scaling is a good idea and it is getting better with each event. Communication with the users from the devs has become much better as well. There are still problems and the devs are aware of them but they never expected perfection and they never claimed to provide it. They've been clear from the start that this game is an ongoing work in progress with continuous improvement.