Stuck in the middle - what to improve?

Options
El Zoof
El Zoof Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
edited March 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I did okay in the Heroic tournament recently with OBW, Thor & MStorm, but this combo doesn't seem to work as we'll anymore and is pretty much forest-only anyway. Taking a look at my roster, can anybody offer suggestions as to where I should be spending my ISO-8 and any decent teams? I'm more interested in getting the levelling regards than winning any brackets.

Moonstone 64 4/2/5
Classic Storm 61 5/5/3
Thor 60 4/5/1
Astonishing Wolverine 50 5/5/3
IM35 50 5/5/3
Modern Storm 47 5/5/3
Captain America 47 2/4/5
Original Black Widow 44 2/5/2
Modern Black Widow 40 5/5
IM40 38 0/3/2
Now Magneto 35 2/1/5
Classic Hawkeye 33 5/5
The Hood 28 2/1/0
Doctor Doom 25 2/0
Punisher 25 0/2/0
Classic Spider-Man 18 0/1/1
Daken 16 2/3
Modern Hawkeye 15 2/1/3
Ragnarok 15 2/0
Daredevil 15 0/0/1
Loki 15 0/1
Patch 15 0/0/1
Yelena 12 5/5
Venom 12 3/5
Juggernaut 11 5/5
Ares 8 1/0/1
Bullseye 8 1/1
Bag-Man 6 0/1/0

Right now I'm hoping for some more Bag-Man covers, and that the next release is Bagneto.

Comments

• I'd pump up Wolverine, and use him, oBW, and Thor with the lineup you have. 2 more covers at least in her black skill and her synergy with Wolverine's strike tiles will get devastating.

Put more into Thor as you can, he and oBW are carrying me in the Hulk event right now at those same levels, with punisher or cStorm switching out on 3rd.

cStorm is good to switch in, though she conflicts with oBW - they fight over blue, for instance. oBW works best when she has the highest damage for her 3 colors.

cStorm is great with Magneto NOW, when he has more purple covers - which you do not have right now.

Bullseye, Yelena, Venom, Bagman, Classic Hawkeye and IM35 are all rather useless to you from now on. You could sell them for the slots and the ISO to pump up wolverine towards 85.

You're in a great spot with 2* right now, and a nice spread of 3* characters. Keep aiming for ** rewards for now though, unless the reward characters is already maxed.
  • I'd say to put your ISO into Astonishing Wolverine, Modern Storm, OBW, NOW Magneto, and Daken.

I run Daken and Classic Storm together a lot, as his main power is triggered by green tile collection and will affect how much damage is done by her green and red powerws. His ability to self-heal helps out a lot, though that's less critical since your OBW is powerful. When properly powered up, his green and black tile power is enough to keep Storm from being hit, though he can't help her with red tiles.

Wolverine is also another good choice but he uses a lot of the same tiles as Storm. It will come down to whether you want to spam claw attacks for 500+ damage plus strike tiles or if you want to do lightning strikes to collect tiles.

I consider NOW Magneto to be a good compliment to OBW, as a high level of purple for him means you can spam blue tiles for combos and healing. His red power is also good for damage as long as you can keep it on the board. His blue power is a little iffy, as it is good to clear the board but it being a countdown tile can limit its usefulness, especially at 5 power when it clears the entire board.
  • Bullseye, Yelena, Venom, Bagman, Classic Hawkeye and IM35 are all rather useless to you from now on. You could sell them for the slots and the ISO to pump up wolverine towards 85.

Agreed on Bullseye, Yelena, Bagman, and Hawkeye.

Venom and especially IM35 could still be of some use, though Venom's usefulness is mainly in the Lone Star tourney or in conjunction with Spidey.

Juggernaut is also a possibility for him to pump, if only because his high green and red damage makes him a good pairing with Modern Storm if he doesn't have Thor or Wolverine available for some reason.

Add in OBW's healing abilities and that red headbutt power becomes a lot more useful.
  • mStorm quickly becomes squishy in PvP and is terrible in defense when you start facing level 85 opponents - which the OP is about to find himself facing. She is great for PvE events.

Daken is great in PvP, but at the moment the OP does not have the covers to make him shine. Between the daily drop and the free ones in the prologue he is an easier ** to build though.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thor and Astonishing Wolverine are both obvious choices, powerhouse for PvP and PvE as well. OBW is another must-have at this point, saving you some huge numbers of health packs. Daken is not as useful in PvE, where you usually are pitted against him, therefore he's disabled for the fight, he can be a pain in the **** for your PvP opponents though. A high level Daken also means many skips on defense from mid-tier opponents, as he's really annoying to fight against. Modern Storm is brilliant in PvE, I'm still using her on daily basis, although I'm already in 3* territory. Don't invest too much in Moonstone and Cap - they're fine, but with so many better characters out there it's a waste of precious Iso-8.