A proposal for a new event schedule.

TheDragonHermit
TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
While it is nice to see so many event options, dumping them all on us on one day creates a pileup followed by a void. Instead I would propose the following schedule for 3 non coalition legacy PvP events, a coalition standard PvP event, a non coalition legacy PvE event, and a coalition standard PvE event:
Monday - Wednesday: Legacy PvP #1
Wednesday - Friday: Legacy PvP #2
Friday - Sunday: Legacy PvP #3
Monday - Friday: Legacy PvE
Tuesday - Thursday: Standard PvP (coalition)
Friday - Monday (cutoff): Standard PvE (coalition)
TG and TotP as usual
This would nicely distribute the events so as not to overwhelm players and give people more options to play during the weekend. 

Comments

• NiftyC
    NiftyC Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    That’s a nice, balanced schedule, great proposal. FWIW I’ve always wanted to see two legacy PvE events per week instead of one. Nine fights over four days seems ridiculously extended to me; I’d rather have double the events at half the length - more variety, more prizes.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    While it is nice to see so many event options, dumping them all on us on one day creates a pileup followed by a void. Instead I would propose the following schedule for 3 non coalition legacy PvP events, a coalition standard PvP event, a non coalition legacy PvE event, and a coalition standard PvE event:
    TG and TotP as usual
    This would nicely distribute the events so as not to overwhelm players and give people more options to play during the weekend. 

Just so I understand, is that a two-week schedule? 
  • TheDragonHermit
    edited October 2017
    madwren said:
    TG and TotP as usual

One week, I just divided it into non coalition and coalition parts, having that over 2 weeks would be far too little.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Sounds very reasonable.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    @TheDragonHermit -- LOVE.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    Great proposal!
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    madwren said:
    TG and TotP as usual

One week, I just divided it into non coalition and coalition parts, having that over 2 weeks would be far too little.

Thanks, I wasn't sure how to read it.  Looks very solid to me.
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    I like that. Good call. Hope devs get inspiration here
  • TheDragonHermit
    I guess that depends on @Brigby , doesn't it
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Who says I wasn't already watching this thread, @TheDragonHermit ;)
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    But now we know for sure
  • TheDragonHermit
    Hey as far as I know we still need you to tell Oktagon, right? But looking up there seems players want things spread out a bit.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Great Idea!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    I logged in to say. Well done! I would very much like this schedule. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Who says I wasn't already watching this thread, @TheDragonHermit ;)
    Like in those old horror movies with Brigby's eyes watching from behind the portraits on the wall.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    This would be good. Especially since I could then skip fate is rarely fun without feeling like I'm missing something. Worst event ever. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would be good. Especially since I could then skip fate is rarely fun without feeling like I'm missing something. Worst event ever. 

I honestly think changing it from 5 vehicles to 3 would mostly fix it. That and/or dropping enraged...
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there anyone who genuinely looks forward to FiRF? I mean I like it sometimes just to test really crazy decks that have absolutely nothing to do with objectives in enraged mode -- it's basically my TG for Enraged. I've never once built an event optimized deck for it though. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do like firf. But I've chosen to drop it recently in favor of terrors which is my favorite event. Decided I wasn't going to do both. 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    @bken1234 that's the only thing I play it for anymore as well
This discussion has been closed.