Is Nightcrawler bad?

Options
2»

Comments

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He's bad & boring imo. His powers only support each other under specific situations which make him unreliable. You can use other characters to support him but his red and blue aren't nothing to write home about.

The condition on red creates a problem that's similar to pre-buff Nick. It forces the order of power you have to fire to get the most damage. This would be nice if the damage is worth it, but right now it's not imo.

His blue is even worse and I wish MPQ would stop going with "team's strongest color" thing. With a cost that high, I would expect to choose a tile on the board and target that ap color instead. Right now it's not very useful.

Pretty sure that BAMF purple winfinite will be nerfed later. MPQ team seems to have strong feeling about winfinite like this so if this is the only selling point of this character, it won't stay for long.

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They just hotfixed his Blue, bringing it to just a little stronger than Mordo's purple (I'm calculating ~850 damage per enemy AP for Kurt at lv270, compared to my lv278 Mordo with 815 damage per enemy AP). This seems about right. Nightcrawler's blue costs more, and only targets the enemy's strongest colour rather than largest pool. It will be quite good for enemies with passive primaries, but outside of that scenario, I think it'll end up a little lower than Power with Purpose in terms of average damage output.
    When did he get hotfixed ? I must have missed the news. 
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Just before I posted. There's been no announcement of it, although the stats posted in his character thread show the new values. Blue level 70 rank 5 jumped from 133 DMG to 445 DMG per enemy AP.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Just before I posted. There's been no announcement of it, although the stats posted in his character thread show the new values. Blue level 70 rank 5 jumped from 133 DMG to 445 DMG per enemy AP.
    Yeah I noticed that as well. And thank goodness. Might actually be worth firing now.