Hazoret's Undying Fury

Greetings,

Here's a reminder of the card:
You fetch the first 4 spells of your library, reduce their cost to 0. Then, each card in your hand if fully drained of mana. This spell cannot fetch other copies of itself.

Am I missing something or is this card just awful? I tried a few decks with it and it literally ruined matches for me. Anyone else have luck with this card?

Comments

• Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler

I don't have it yet but first thing that comes to mind is to use it with Approach of the Second Sun as the only other spell in the deck (or another powerful spell)

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    I don't have it, but I look forward to try it with Nahiri and 'Deploy the Gatewatch' as only other spell. Should work as cheaper Deploy (21 Mana instead of 23) an 12 Creatures instead of 3.
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    IM_CARLOS said:
    I don't have it, but I look forward to try it with Nahiri and 'Deploy the Gatewatch' as only other spell. Should work as cheaper Deploy (21 Mana instead of 23) an 12 Creatures instead of 3.
    That seems like the right use :-). I'm so happy Deploy is not Standard........
  • metafrost
    metafrost Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Ah! Don't have either of those but that makes much more sense! And yu get very powerful results. I guess I'll keep winning those boosters and cross my fingers.

• HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    This plus Inferno Jet is pretty good, especially in an enraged match.
  • RhysMarkov
    RhysMarkov Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    I got this last night and was trying various things with it... it's not reliable, but this with Stir The Sands and From Under The Floorboards can be fun when it works.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Im using it with season’s past in my legacy Samut. Fun stuff! But hand management is important! And it’s frustrating to watch a huge cascade fill everything after it just to be drained. 
  • RhysMarkov
    RhysMarkov Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Right now it's my in my creatureless red/white ajani with approach of the second sun for the bolas node of RoGP. It's a treat to be watch it pull 4x approaches haha
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    darn card only works half the time I cast it, pulling 0 - 2 spells instead of 4.

However I do have the HUF with Deploy...and when it actually works...it is beautiful :smiley:
  • Kresgwyr
    Kresgwyr Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    So, last week, I draw Approach of the Second Sun. And the first thing I thought was "wow, I can't wait to try that out this we on Bolas, combined with HUF" :p .

I know that HUF can be sometimes unreliable. I was prepared for some "misfires".

But man, I was not ready to see it pulls 0 spells, two or three times in a row ... I thought I was going to go through Bolas much faster, but I was so wrong.... I used this red/white combo deck three times on Bolas, each time the first two casts of HUF went fine, and after that it was just misfire after misfire after misfire ... until the game finally decided I had suffered enough to get me a perfect cast with 4 copies of Approach to end the game.

Next timer, I'll go back to my utterly boring creatureless Ob (faster, and much more reliable).

HUF is a pretty fun card to play around with, but please FIX IT ! 

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other than its bug, it's an amazing card. Even though it isn't supposed to fetch copies of itself, it still will and come up with nothing instead. It does need the right combo of cards. My favorite use is with Samut and green spells. Red/White Deploy/Approach combos are always great as well. 
  • MDsupa
    MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    works fine for me.  I use it to summon multi high casting spells.  Make sure you empty your hand (exile) down to 2 other cards.  i always disable the spell in hand so that I can prep to cast it.  I used it with Lay Claim, 2nd Sun, Dreadwaters, Release the Gremlin.  even more fun with Swarm Intelligent to cast HUF out.  Your Mileage may varied.  

The bug tends to happen when you're about to end your first "Deck" and the 2nd deck hasn't been created yet.  I end up drawing 1-2 spells and that's it.  but then after that it continues to work until your current "deck" is about to run out.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    I didn't pulled this yet and played only one stolen copy (Unesh) with zero effect. Bit maybe I had a full hand.

I could assume that huf look for the next 4 spells and if one os another huf it only pulls the rest, if there is enough space in hand.

Would be nice if a dev could verify this. 
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    I find HuF generally very strong. Especially with koth as you can cast it quite quick. Its perfect to just have those great expensive damaging spells or removals for free just sitting in your hand ready for reaction. And the combo with Approach....well lets just say Nahiri sparked something pervy in me thanks to this combo
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    I'm still trying to find a good spell within my collection to use with HUD. I guess Ajani 1 will be my go to for now.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deploy Deploy Deploy Deploy 
  • Doomstat
    Deploy Deploy Deploy Deploy 
    Don't have that yet, but I'm working on it... slowly but surely.
  • Doomstat
    Okay. Whatever you do... DO NOT USE WITH Seasons Past. Just infinite looped myself. BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Oh. :(
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doomstat said:
    Okay. Whatever you do... DO NOT USE WITH Seasons Past. Just infinite looped myself. BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Oh. :(
    What other card did you put in there with Seasons Past to cause the infinite loop?  I run that combo myself but have never gone past a half a minute loop
  • Doomstat
    edited January 2018
    Hazoret's Undying Fury + Seasons Past without a kill is the loop. Those are the only two spells in the deck. Had to add Aetherflux Reservoir to get the kill.

I screwed myself by emptying my hand except for H.U.D., went off, forgot I didn't have A.R in play, sat there for 4 minutes hoping it would stop. When the first S.P. goes off, it brings H.U.D. back after the gem change, second S.P.  fills the cost, etc.