Mordo or Wasp?

RTA3000
RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
Currently battling with where to spend my 300,000 ISO, champing Mordo or Wasp.
My current 4* champs are: Coulson, C4rol, Medusa, Riri, G4mora and R&G. Would really like your input guys, thanks.

Comments

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Wasp.

She pairs really well with C4rol and Medusa.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    byc said:
    Wasp.

@byc What's the strategy there? I recently elevated my Wasp to playable levels and haven't tried that team yet.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    byc said:
    Wasp.

@byc What's the strategy there? I recently elevated my Wasp to playable levels and haven't tried that team yet.
    Collect blue and then her 1 turn countdown buffs tiles every turn.
  • RTA3000
    Sounds like a good combo, thanks a lot guys, will champ her and give that team a go!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, yeah, that's right. Wasp's tile isn't a repeater it's actually a countdown. Will have to give that team a go.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's brutal. I'm hoping to get Wasp champed here in the next couple of days myself to really go to town with it.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Wasp/Carol works well with several 3rds, depending on the situation. In 4* land:

Cage for protects
    C&D for significant goodness
    Medusa as above, although if you're only looking for the attack tiles, C&D is better
    Blade
    Rocket
    etc.

Wasp is a support character, so somebody else needs to do the heavy hitting, but she's useful with Carol and any kind of tile layer
  • byc
    When using that strat, change C4rol's yellow to 5 so it can target 3 tiles for the buff.

When Carol is buffed, it's buffing about 1k per tile.  So 3 strike or attack tiles means it's buffing 3k per turn.  No 4* team can really hold out.
  • byc
    This is my go-to team for PvP.

AI also plays Wasp and Carol very well (because it's easy).
    If you get 8 black, AI will either Sting with Wasp (with stun usually), or puts down Carol's Barrage.
    6 blue isn't hard to get, and it's unstoppable once it gets going and it reduces opponent's AP.
    Medusa has no active powers to screw with the combo.
    Medusa's Resolute Queen feeds yellow and blue.
    Sometimes I'll pump Hair Meddle to 4 to steal attack tiles in mirror matches.
  • byc
    There are numerous ways to play the team too.

I prefer getting blue first and yellow to put out the strike and protect tiles and let blue build them.
    Sometimes I keep the 5 yellow in PvP so I can Barrage and immediate end it for 10k damage (for other C4arols usually).
    Other times I keep match Entanglement from Medusa to get lots of attack tiles out.
    I make matches to let my opponent make their matches for Energy Absorption to give me AP and damage.

It's a very flexible team.
  • RTA3000
    Yeah, the C4rol/Wasp/Medusa team has been lethal for me, cheers for the good advice. Not champed C&D, looking for that final, elusive black cover