FINALLY found something good about Win-Based Progression

moogles85
moogles85 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
I didn't want to say anything about the new Win-Based system until I finally had something good to say about it.

Anyways, I was playing Simulator to get the Rogue cover and facing and enless onslaught of max 5* teams...It's sad to say that I was spending my time looking for LOWER point targets with weak teams instead of HIGHER point targets. -_-

I was skipping through many teams until it hit me.

Since points don't really matter anymore - you can lose a match to reset the skip tax...You don't need to pay for the skip tax!

Skip until you need to pay the tax and if you can't find a target, fight anyone with a scrub team, and forfeit right away. Voila - back to +30 bonus ISO for first match bonus! 

In fact, you can always earn the +30 ISO victory bonus by forfeiting any match with a scrub team and then fighting with your main team.

Whether or not it's worth your time to enter a fight and forfeit for 30 ISO is still your choice.

Comments

• AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Also works for pvp if you don;t do a late join rage climb. Basically what i did till 600+ during mohawk pvp. 

But don't forget that it does help people in the 4* progression, especially those in the 3*-4* transition
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or, if you're on mobile, you can just close the app and re-open it.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Except that you will loose points towards season placement 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    That would talk longer than skipping, not sure what benefit you're seeing with that.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 said:
    Except that you will loose points towards season placement 
    I mean, most of us aren't grinding the thousands and thousands of points needed to get 10-packs, so this is pretty irrelevant.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    It's always a good design choice to promote lazy and low level play.  Lets go hit some prologue boys!  It's fast!  It's fun!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Dormammu said:
    That would talk longer than skipping, not sure what benefit you're seeing with that.
    Closing the app and re-opening it resets all skip taxes, at least on Android. So you can skip until it costs ISO, close the app, restart it, and the ISO bonuses are back to +30.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ruinate said:
    It's always a good design choice to promote lazy and low level play.  Lets go hit some prologue boys!  It's fast!  It's fun!
    Quantity over quality

40 wins is the flare of versus