The new PVP from the eyes of a returning player

Ok, before you ask (because you will!) I am a free to play player and a two times returning players, I leave the game twice because it was to unfair to me or too much time consuming for the none progression you can get, but here I am… playing again because I still like the gain and is WAY more fair.

That in first place, in second place, I have all but 6 none 3* champion, my higher four starts are both, Coulson and Sam Wilson at 150, the first one 4/3/5 and the second one at 2/4/3 and none 5* (HATE THEM), and dont have plans to champion any 4* anytime soon, i dont want to ruin my game, i want to enjoy it!. That said… lets get started!

Everyone is complaining about the new win based system and yes, it HURTS snipers who look for placement at the last moment and to those able to get the 1200 reward points… which to be honest, I don´t even know they exist! That said, this new system give us options to more casual player which ARE a great number in this game and probably most of them don’t even know this forum exist. Let me explain:

Progression in this game was, is and always be a paintrain! PVE is both, a lover and a B. Some events are long but rewarding like Enemy of the State, a token fest and a personal favorite. Others like the hunt can be short… but thing of nightmares, TOO MUCH MEAT and annoying fights. I usually skip events like the last one because they are annoying, BUT STILL… I need to do them because otherwise, I will fall behind in covers for my champs and new 4*.

With the new PVP system in other hand, I CAN progress both: My 3* start champions, and my four stars, especially when an annoying PVE event is coming, like the hunt, prodigal sun, The Hulk, EVEN VENOM BOMB! I can skip them with no penalty or remorse and focused on PVP, because I no longer have fear or the stress of been at 10 points of getting my 3* and after a long and tedious battle, been 50 away AGAIN FOR SECOND TIME.

Like this treat said: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68360/pvp-now-has-3-not-always-compatible-goals#latest then new PVP is about goals: Pick your goal and focus on it.

For my point of view, the new PVP system is one actually help players like me who want to play for fun, and not getting a ulcer for been crush a few points of our precious reward, we could never fully enjoy a world of the PVP: Placement or progression. Now, we can enjoy progression, and those who fight for placement, can still enjoy their placement. For first time in this game, I see the rich still get rich (because placement reward grow greatly) and the poor (like me)… actually get something nice!

Has bottom line, in the Nightcrawler event, I going to a small research if someone want to join: I going to try (and I said try because I have Nightcrawler dead weight) to get the 40 wins and post how much iso I get from this (including champion levels for 2*). If someone wants to join in this little examination, are free to join. That said… see you next time!

Comments

• ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I just sharing some thoughs mexus, like the tittle said, is my perspectic has a returning player :)
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    It doesnt hurt snipers it caters to us
  • ArcanaMoon
    corytutor said:
    It doesnt hurt snipers it caters to us
    They still get their to tier, true, but the wont get the full progression reward if they enter in the last hour. Thats what i mean
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    They don't care about the 4*, hate to tell you
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Snipers still place well. The ONLY thing it hurts is everyone who was hitting 1200 for 15 cp. sure I’m sorry you couldn’t get there, but for vets and long term players this is what it looks like for D3 to hold you down and give you some beef stew.

you won’t progress off the rewards in this system. You will hit a wall when you need to go to 5* land because you won’t be able to place against point chasers with big rosters AND you won’t earn is from progression.

Enjoy your stalemate
  • corytutor
    Its true. 

As for snipers they regularly hit over 40 matches an event and manage to climb. Late climbers wont 40 but they're more likely to catch an easy bracket so they can probably do 20 and get all cp. 

All its really going to do is slow weaker 5* rosters and lay the foundation for a huge seperation from 4land to 5land 
  • ArcanaMoon
    Snipers still place well. The ONLY thing it hurts is everyone who was hitting 1200 for 15 cp. sure I’m sorry you couldn’t get there, but for vets and long term players this is what it looks like for D3 to hold you down and give you some beef stew.

you won’t progress off the rewards in this system. You will hit a wall when you need to go to 5* land because you won’t be able to place against point chasers with big rosters AND you won’t earn is from progression.

Enjoy your stalemate
    Hate to... well, not at all; but actually I AM enjoing this, i give a damn about 5*, i dont care at all about them, so yeah, thanks for the good will, really apreciated :)
  • Beta-Ray Bill

Enjoy your stalemate
    Hate to... well, not at all; but actually I AM enjoing this, i give a damn about 5*, i dont care at all about them, so yeah, thanks for the good will, really apreciated :)
    Engage full sarcasm? Because once you hit strong 4* roster.. you’ll see nothing but 5* you don’t give a damn about
  • ArcanaMoon
    Well, for that will take a year or two, because i have no plans to champion any 4* stars anytime soon, like i said, i want to enjoy my game and i know that, if champion them, i will ruin my game, thats why i will stay at the 3* the longer i can to enjoy all my characters, both: 3* and 4* stars, thats my game plan :)
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Well, for that will take a year or two, because i have no plans to champion any 4* stars anytime soon, like i said, i want to enjoy my game and i know that, if champion them, i will ruin my game, thats why i will stay at the 3* the longer i can to enjoy all my characters, both: 3* and 4* stars, thats my game plan :)
    With this said people like you shouldn’t be taken into account for new system placements. You’re not an active enough player to have influence on big changes. No offense but people like you saying your not interested in progressing further takes effects on long term very active players
  • corytutor
    edited October 2017
    Hes right. Nor should it take in account people who play 80 matches to score 5k when considering win count quotas
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    ...ArcanaMoon said:

For my point of view, the new PVP system is one actually help players like me who want to play for fun, and not getting a ulcer for been crush a few points of our precious reward, we could never fully enjoy a world of the PVP: Placement or progression. Now, we can enjoy progression, and those who fight for placement, can still enjoy their placement. For first time in this game, I see the rich still get rich (because placement reward grow greatly) and the poor (like me)… actually get something nice!

---

I must have missed this.  Where have placement rewards increased? I had to play 15 more wins than usual, spent 500hp more on shields, and still ended up with less rewards than under the old system. Please fill me in...
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is who we need to cater to?!?!?!??!?
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I'm seriously working on trying not to get annoyed at this, but I just can't help it. Why are all these 3-4* transitioners with barely any 4* champs complaining that the game isn't fair because you're not able to progress to 900? Are you freaking serious? You have ZERO 4-star champs, and the game isn't fair for you because that doesn't cut it to get to 900? The current game meta is largely based around the 4-star tier, so you if you didn't have a 4-star roster, then you simply were not ready to progress to those higher levels of play. If you haven't developed your roster to the same level of all these people that have busted their hump, and gone through the exact same transition that you're going through, then you weren't yet ready to play with the big boys. Keep champing your 4s, and you'd get there. We accepted that if you didn't have the boosted 4s of the week, then progression was harder, and thus certain levels just weren't yet attainable without a lot of work. I don't recall this public outcry that the system wasn't "fair".

Your statements that you simply skip events that are more difficult because you deem them "annoying" really just serves as proof that you want everything to be on easy street. I'm not saying that just because we all went through the rite of passage of getting "smacked down" in PVP at first means that EVERYONE has to go through it, but there is a big difference between wanting something to be less difficult and wanting charity. These changes have nerfed the entire challenge out of PVP, and it truly is now nothing more than PVE 2.0. But it's cool, you're not going to understand this now anyway. Enjoy slogging for your 40 wins against 3-star teams and unboosted 4s while you still can, because I know damn well if you had to fight the opponents we did 35-40 times per event you wouldn't think this was more "fair".