HoR opinion poll

13»

Comments

• theyrejustelves
    theyrejustelves Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I didnt vote for any of the choices.
    To be honest, it would be nice to see all the events change between standard and legacy.
    Also, it would be cool to see the objectives rotate a bit more as well.  Or just create new ones.

Here's an idea, but not really sure how this could be implemented.
    What if there were 2 HoR events that were going on and you had to pick between standard or legacy?  join one or the other?  Or again, back to the rotate from week to week what type the event is.

I was intrigued to play HoR as a legacy event to see how my deckbuilding would stand up.
  • Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    They both should be legacy.
    Voted for BOTH -> legacy, but that's only because the game has gotten EXTREMELY STALE for so many months. The same 2 events every week, no alternatives, it's getting really tiresome, it's like work now. Some variety please! Even if it means this change (but only for a couple weeks, not permanently)
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    RGP should, but not HoR.
    They could just do Legacy week for all events once a month. If the numbers show it's more popular, up it to 2 weeks.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    RGP should, but not HoR.
    On PvE events, now that we've seen that they CAN be done easily and consistently with standard decks, I see no reason other than forcing players to try out new cards that they have to be standard. I wouldn't mind being able to retool some of the decks I use to be more efficient, especially considering the 4-hour refresh timer. If one of my matches is taking 15 minutes because of the deck I'm using, but could have been sped up if I were allowed legacy cards, then that just means that I don't burn out on the event so quickly, but doesn't innately provide me any other advantage over a newer player.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    RGP should, but not HoR.
    So, I can relate with both sides of the argument. I absolutely disagree that pve events need to be legacy. I think legacy kills creativity, thus defeating the point of the new events. You can argue with me, but when we found out that hor was going to be legacy, it went from building decks to "what 8 cards do I run with starfield and deploy?" Sure using those cards is fun, and I'm not knocking it. I'm just saying that is a super stale environment. I don't think that's a problem for pve. Nobody has to suffer through your "deploy the fatties and annoy them with nyx" except bolas. Bolas deserves it. I was one of the people that helped @Sorin81 figure out how to beat bolas. It was fun because we were working with constraints. The pve events are supposed to be hard, but once you figure them out, they just become monotonous. Bolas was poorly designed. He's not hard if you don't run creatures. Half of the time he locks himself out of the game. After about a month of playing standard against bolas, it would be fun to try some legacy stuff, just for the sake of keeping the event from getting super stale. I'd be fine with pvp being legacy after the new set comes out. Toa would be fun as a legacy event because nobody suffers if I get killed by a hail Mary cascade 3 times. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe Oktagon won't be so stubborn about writing some new Story levels for Legacy players? Hell, they could even do another one of those competitions where we design decks... maybe they'll even credit the work we do this time...
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    RGP should, but not HoR.
    You speak crazy talk @shteev I would probably have an aneurysm if I ever saw new story chapters. Funny thing is, I'd be willing to pay for new story chapters. They're fun and you get stuff
  • ElvaanStride
    ElvaanStride Posts: 62 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Neither of them should be legacy.
    I'm new but I say nothing should have a hard restriction.

Events should have a Restricted path with slightly higher rewards and Unrestricted so casual and new players have more variety of card choice.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    You speak crazy talk @shteev I would probably have an aneurysm if I ever saw new story chapters. Funny thing is, I'd be willing to pay for new story chapters. They're fun and you get stuff
    Paying for Story chapters isn't a particularly coercive way of selling, which is most likely why D3 haven't gone down that route.
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    They both should be legacy.
    I wish they would just have legacy and standard versions of every event.
  • klobberer
    klobberer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Neither of them should be legacy.
    Return of the God Pharaoh is fine being standard. The blue green Nissa deck I use against Bolas is by far the most powerful deck I use in legacy or standard events. I have all the plainswalkers and have been playing since the game was released.
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    RGP should, but not HoR.
    I want to hear from the person who voted for HoR but not RotGP.