Given the recent PVP changes, who's boycotting Time Season?

Options
pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Given the recent PVP changes, who's boycotting Time Season? 161 votes

I am boycotting
5%
Jonny1PunchDartmaster01tanis3303meekersXpheregasGigioRsupergarvrg72dave7099 9 votes
I am actively participating for progression/placement
48%
brisashiDragon_NexusZeiramMRgrunzadinColognoisseurSandmakerLegallyUndeadrixmithBearVengerMojoWildProfessorGumbyfmftintBullsjordanixfrachralaethUNC_SamuraidokiyBlindman13veneretio 78 votes
I am playing until the CP prize and done
24%
WilsonFisksinnerjflkillercoolnotamutantabmorazLearricTiggidaXBonesXSquareevil pandaPunisher5784philosorapt0rMikeG72PolarPopBeargiotorres81M3rGuEZKjeldbjergammenellmotownjunkieRedLion 40 votes
Other
21%
ApocryphicVYasurufirethornethedarkphoenixxKOBALTxChrono_Tatacarrion_pigeonsmoss04MagicneodukeZootSaxTrilateralusSteellatchKevin61Nick441234LedonjonOver__Flowtdglory49AtlasAxe[Deleted User] 34 votes

Comments

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other
    I'll play as much as seems reasonable given my schedule and other game goals. I've always been a primarily PVE player, only really picking up doing more than just the seed teams in PVP the past few seasons.
  • Over__Flow
    Options
    Other
    I will go to 900 for alliance goal and be done with it. I will not play double the amount of panthos games for same prize.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other
    I don't know yet. Another fun part of the game is taken away from me. I honestly don't know what I'll do with PvP.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am undecided. My cp hoard wants me to but my heart just isnt in it 
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Still way, way, way too early to see the impact.

I consider the previous two trials (both run off-season...!!!) to be the "alpha" test.

This season is the first true "beta" test.  Where real stakes are on the line...

I don't think 40 wins is impossible, but I still think it does increase my effort, and I need to grind in PvP - which doesn't appeal to me.  The first event is a new character, so I will be pushing for T1... will edit my post with the number of wins it took after the weekend.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    I'm going on a 1.5 week vacation in the middle of it.  Please don't take my lack of participation as a boycott!  LOL
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Screw this! This is TEH WURST IDEE FOR TEH GAEM NOT GUN PLAY well maybe just a few matches...heck I could just get the CP in every event, that wouldn't be too bad..." - everyone
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    I'll be aiming for 4* covers, if I have the time and it's something I can use.  Same as before.

My alliance isn't T100.  We're usually somewhere around 150-200.  So I don't have that kind of pressure.  I'm not pleased that the ending CP was taken away just as it became a reliable source, but for me it's a binary choice.  If I were angry enough about it I would just stop playing.  Since I still want to play, I'll play what's available until I don't want to anymore.  40 wins is a big slog, though, and I probably won't hit half of them anyway just because of the time investment.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've probably played more this season already than I have in the previous two years here.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No option for playing more than in the past? I'll be playing, but haven't decided how often I'll do 16 wins for the CP vs. 40 for the 4*, or how often I'll shield for placement.  
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    I will play. I will see how far trapcaking can take me (and it's fun - I am using obscure 3* now :)). The goal remains the same - CP for 575 (or 16 wins now - a bit much but I will bite). I guess I might go for 40 wins if I like the 4* a lot. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    I'm going to play this season and see how it goes. Will I get the 40 wins every event? Probably not, I'm not sure I'll have the time in my schedule. I've never played Versus that much in any event except the 2 tests. I did exactly 40 wins in the first and 81 in the 2 event season. The extra win was to push myself into top 10 in the second event because I was that close. I don't like the idea that I'm going to have to spend more time to get less rewards........
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    Hell if I know. I'm not adult enough to plan ahead. As is evidenced by my use of my time and choice of entertainments.

Boycotting? C'mon. Seems a bit much, grandiose and overblown. If the time requirement is too much, you'll play less or the same. And the game will not notice. Play less, the rest of your life may take notice, and appreciate it.
    If you're advocating talking to my children, I'm out.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    I played to the 575 CP before and I plan to play to the 16 win CP win now.  Given the past several seasons, I suspect it will take the exact same effort as before, so the change for my is pretty much neutral--possibly with the season progression totals being higher than previously, but that remains to be seen..

I hope it leads to an increase in silly teams trading counterattacks, but based on the second test, I doubt this will happen in large numbers...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    I'm making Simulator a priority as feel 74 wins is reasonable for a season event. I'll also aim for the 166 wins ISO on the seasons rewards. I'm not planning to push it anymore than that. 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hit top 10 often enough, but I've never hit the 40 match requirements. It usually takes me around 35 matches to hit top 5-10. I'll either have to adjust my playing schedule accordingly, or just quit and start collecting Pogs again.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it is like the test runs, I will just do the 10 or so seed teams, play the 30ish matches against actual players (which is close enough to my normal load for a PVP that I won't sweat the difference), and get the 4* every time instead of most of the time (I'll currently miss it on the tournaments that require more than 1-2 shields or lots of health packs).