The future of Standard format

Krishna
Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
edited October 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hey @brigby @LakeStone

Thanks for the data push and there are some cards I have wanted in the Elite pack. However, I (and others) do not want to spend the purple crystals if the Kaladesh cards are going to rotate out of standard when Ixalan comes in. Is it possible to let us know how long the cards in the current elite pack (KLD) will remain in standard format?

thanks again!
p.s. I think a mixture of the most recent set (HOU/ AKH) and past sets, including Origins, would be ideal for Elite packs. my 2 cents.

Comments

• Daddystyx
    Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Why no Omniscience???????   Please bring Origins mythics into the packs.   Days Undoing anyone?
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    If KLD doesn't rotate out, is it really standard? The text on the events for standard specifically state it's the two most recent blocks plus origins.
  • Daddystyx
    Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    If they are following actual paper magic they expanded the standard format to last longer.  
  • Krishna
    edited October 2017
    If KLD doesn't rotate out, is it really standard? The text on the events for standard specifically state it's the two most recent blocks plus origins.

since that was established by hibernum, maybe Oktagon plans to change it.
  • Dave808
    Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Daddystyx said:
    Why no Omniscience???????   Please bring Origins mythics into the packs.   Days Undoing anyone?
    Agreed. Still not impressed with this new pack. After waiting through weeks of **** pack repeats, then weeks of nothing at all, this pack is still a pass for me. I already have half the cards and the ones I don't have are **** anyway. Disappointing. 
  • Dave808
    edited October 2017
    Also the censorship here is ridiculous. Seriously, I can't even say the word tinykitty?! Can we get real please? My 2 year old says worse things than tinykitty

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • Dave808
    edited October 2017
    I didn't even use profanity. I said the other word for poo. Ooh oh no, I'm a bad boy. I should be punished. I should be purged. What a joke. Not only further censored but he gives me a warning on top of that. Guess I'll get banned for this comment. Fine with me, done with this anyway.

//Removed Profanity and Offensive Content -Brigby
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    I tried. I can't help those that won't help themselves.
  • Krishna
    what does tinykitty mean?
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    It's a word that the underlying censor program on the forums inserts into any post in place of something on a pre-determined list of profanity. So if you swear or curse or use foul language, most of the time, your expletives will be replaced with the adorably innocuous phrase "tinykitty".
  • PsyBaby
    PsyBaby Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Kaladesh is cycling out next season in paper magic also...and paper magic currently does not include origins....and in paper magic amonkhet block will cycle out next season. They are not expanding the standard card pool.

I love the kitty pic. Nice insert.

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    tinykitty is also the name of an amazing top 25 coalition. 
  • csonic
    csonic Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Has any resolution/update come of this yet?