Simulator

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
The node with Gambit, Rogue and Jean is horrible. Whatever I throw at them is thrown back in my face. Riri is useless, her cascades only makes jean do her thing. Gambit spams the whole time and Rogue inhibits my damage. Suggestions?

Comments

• mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Her passive doesn't seem to affect attack tiles, so i took them down with carnage. You really want to target gambit first, he doesn't do much damage but he's constantly generating AP and spamming his purple removing your specials. Rogue makes that a pain though, I lost count of the number of matches I made only to have a random yellow match drop from the top resulting in rogue back at the front. So i gave up and took her down first then gambit.

It's no mean feat to make teen jean my 3rd priority target.

Note, I dropped down to SCL7 for this, I'd hate to be having to face this on higher levels.

Edit: Forgot to add, I used medusa, well just because. I also set Mystique's shapeshift to 5 covers as the 2 turn stun came in handy. I avoided medusa's purple just because rng being rng I knew it would luck into a match 5 and trigger jean.
  • qandols
    I'm also at SCL7 (really at SCL9 though). My carnage I think is to weak. The two tries I have made has cascaded wildly, maybe it wont do that always? I tried with Patch and Medusa, useless. Mordo and Riri next, but as soon as I used Riri's blue the board shake just killed me before I could do anything. Nasty.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    The only other suggestion is to use 4* rg and 4* gamora, go in with blue boosts and hope for some quick blue to stun her and burn her down before you lose all your strikes.

My carnage is champed which is why he was the obvious choice for me.

But i agree, that node is nasty. You also want to avoid using mystique's blue too due to obvious match 5 potential.
  • qandols
    Yes, Mystique is unfortunately useless as essential. I'll probably give up on this node. I have always hated this event, and it hates me back with a vengeance  :D
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, Simulator is my least favorite event and this node may be my least favorite node ever.
  • Farmerbink
    Farmerbink Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I really want to know what they expected from this event.  I dropped down two clearance levels for "easy wins," only to discover that they want us to use Mystique against the new 5* Gambit and one of the hardest Mystique counters out there (Jean).  Good freaking grief, what a horrible node.  45 minutes, several boosts, and not even close to 4 clears.  To hell with that.
  • LavaManLee
    I really want to know what they expected from this event.  I dropped down two clearance levels for "easy wins," only to discover that they want us to use Mystique against the new 5* Gambit and one of the hardest Mystique counters out there (Jean).  Good freaking grief, what a horrible node.  45 minutes, several boosts, and not even close to 4 clears.  To hell with that.
    Completely agree.  I need the ISO to champ but it is not worth it to go through whatever they think Simulator is for this run.  It is punishment for something.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I loathe Simulator.

That said, if you have them, try HoboFist and Vulture on the Mystique node. Get Vulture airborne, take out Gambit with Fist's green, that generates black to send Vulture airborne again, lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Farmerbink
    Farmerbink Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I don't have either, but I found that 4* Gamora was a solid start.  I paired her with Coulson (and Mystique, of course) to basically permanently stun Gambit come hell and high water.  Irritating and stressful, but it worked.
  • qandols
    Why do they come up with this stupidity? Do they hate hate us that much, we who feed them?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    My god, people.

Simulator always has been one of the hardest PVEs, with the newest OP char combinations in the nodes.

With fixed levels now you can either drop down to a CL where you can just brute force the nodes, or come up with combos to beat those nodes.

It's fun, especially after the incredible slog that was Mindless Ones in every node.
  • LavaManLee
    Bowgentle said:

It's fun, especially after the incredible slog that was Mindless Ones in every node.
    Just your opinion that it's fun.  I personally don't find it fun at all.  And it's not like you can switch CL after it starts.  At least, I'm pretty sure you can't.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

Just your opinion that it's fun.  I personally don't find it fun at all.  And it's not like you can switch CL after it starts.  At least, I'm pretty sure you can't.
    No you can't - but you KNOW that Simulator will be filled with the meanest nodes imaginable.
    It's always been this way.
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I generally play c9 and get first.  I don’t need mordo and I abhorred simulator pve so I’m planning on dropping a clearance level or 2 for easy fast play.  Those of you playing c8 is it bad?  How long were your clears?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Makes me kind of glad that I don't have Parker so I'm dropping down to SCL6 this time.
  • Syleye
    Syleye Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Totally boycotting the worthless badly balanced event. so much for a anniversary week. Absolutely ridiculous but then the one thing I have learned is they really don't care.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    one clear of that mystique essential node (on CL7) is enough for me, that was brutal
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bring stunlock teams for nodes like this, generally. or DP whales.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play CL8 and burn through it. 4 stars champed only. 8 on this has been absolutely brutal, massive challenge, far far harder than SIM usually. Far longer too, 4 clears has taken me 2 and half hours and 30 health packs. Note I dont have rocket or gamora champed. I started this pve with 90 health packs, by day 3 I expect to have none.

Loving the challenging nodes, although not for 5 clears, feel for those without packs. If this comes up again I would go 7.
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Ok good to know I might drop to c7, thank Tony