3* Land now!

Addaran
Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
edited November 2017 in Roster and Level Help
Hey all, first post!

I'm wondering what to do with my covers, gold heart, token hoarding and if 4* will affect my PVP matching.
https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Addaran/

Also, i have some covers waiting:
3* Doc Ock,  exp in 2d
3* Hawkeye, exp in 4d
3* Elektra, exp in 5d
4* Miles Morales, exp in 6d
4* Howard, exp in 8d
4* Drax, exp in 9d
4* Devil dino, exp in 9d   (got 3 covers)
3* Bulleye, exp in 9d
3* Gambit, exp in 9d  (got 3 covers)
3* Psylock, exp in 11d
3* Falcon, exp in 11d  (got 3 covers)
4* Thing, exp in 12d

I should be able to buy a slot soon, but it takes around 1 week i think, to get a new one, so obviously, i can't recruit them all.

1) If i recruit some of the 4* (so i don't lose them) will it affect my PVP matching? Even if i don't power them up? I'm not sure if the matching takes in account the lvl of the roaster, it's rarity or the number of covers.

2) I'm hoarding the heroic token ( don't want more 4* until i'm ready) and the sweet/savory ones. Is there any other that i should save? I've heard the PVE ones ( like venom bomb, rogue and friends) would disapear or that they'll be saved for when the event return.

3) Gold heart strategy? Quicksilver was the first 3* i got, so he's my only favorite 3* to get it maxed sooner. (more effect in battle and take less roaster spot then lots of 1-cover heroes). Is it better to focus on just one or a few? Aiming for the ones i do have or for the "best"? (My 4* don't seem to be that good, so when i start roastering 4*, should i skip the ones i already have?)

4) Wich ones are priority in my waiting list? And is there some i should sell from my roaster to make space? My 1-cover 3* are usefull for Dat Requiered Character daily, but i'm not always able to beat the big enchilada.
I know Venom i could sell eventually, when i do need space (he's kinda usefull when boosted though, being at full cover). I just deleted black widow (will want less purple cover once i reget her) and Vision to make space for Kamala and Scarlet Witch.

Thanks all.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adding 4* shouldn't mess up your PvP matchmaking at this point. Nobody's entirely sure how it works, but it seems to be based on some combination of the levels of your few highest characters, and the levels in the teams you've been using. Just don't level them ahead of anything else. Speaking of which, I wouldn't put any more ISO into Quicksilver until 3-4 of your 2* catch up with him. It's best to have at least a handful of characters at the top of your Roster at about the same level.

Tokens for events will stay, and be usable the next time that event runs. Especially for events that come around again often, like Meet Rocket & Groot or The Hunt, you can build up quite a lot of them, and then when there's a run where the vault has something you really want in it, you can cash in a bunch of them for a much better chance at it.

I would ditch Venom, yeah. Honestly, you could also get rid of either Juggs or 1* Iron Man. Either one is plenty for the 1* node in DDQ, and even boosted, Venom isn't very good.

Of the stuff you have covers waiting for, I would prioritize Hawkeye, Gambit, Falcon, and Bullseye, in more or less that order. Psylocke and Doc Ock, you can definitely let go. Howard and Devil Dino aren't really very good, and it's really rare to get covers for them (basically only when Webbed Wonder runs, and during the Anniversary, respectively), but they are fun, and I've kept my Howard around since I was more or less at your point in the game. Drax, Thing, Miles, and Elektra aren't good enough to prioritize, but they are good enough that it's worth waiting until they expire, just in case you get a windfall of HP for more Roster slots.

I would change your 3* Bonus Hero at the moment to Kamala Khan. Once you get at least one cover in each colour for her, she starts getting really good. If you get a cover for Dr. Strange, definitely Roster him, and make him your 3* Bonus Hero, but don't bother when you're already crunched for Roster space like this.

From your single-cover 3*, you could get rid of Daredevil, Steve, and Storm. Definitely hold on to Kamala Khan, Scarlet Witch, and Deadpool, and try to use Deadpool in some Mission or other every single day. You start making a habit of that now, and you're going to have a huge stock of DP Points by the time you really start needing them to power up his purple from time to time.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    1. You can recruit 4*s just don't level them yet. Im in 3*-4* transition and i do collect 5*s but i don't level them.

2. Heroics, Legendary and Taco but open heroic and taco as fast as you got the HP for roster a new character and pull till you do. You still want to get covers for the characters that you already got right? :) Legendary you should save until ready to advance into 4* territory.

3. Focus on 1 gold heart character at a time. I would recommend you to set 3* Dr Strange even if you don't have him (as long as you got the HP to roster him) cause he will make your PvE alot easier especially against goons.

4. 3* Falcon will save you health packs and do some Aoe damage wich is nice so i would focus on him. You do only need one 1* character at max lvl for the deadpools daily so if you got more 1*s rostered i would sell them.

Hope this will help, good luck :)
  • Addaran
    Thanks both, very hepfull!

Will make sure to get Falcon and get rid of Venom. I'll still keep both Iron-Man and Juggs for now. I'll be carefull with Quicksilver too.

Didn't know Howard and Dino were fun, i'll try to get them.

3* Dr Strange seems amazing, but it's mostly for his yellow passive i think? Might wait to get him before gold staring him, if i only have 1/3 of having the right cover.

I've heard Daredevil was fun, if not good, but i'll probably have to let him go eventually. 3* Cap, i heard he was good but you're saying i should get rid of him. Is it only because i have the worthless cover (yellow) on him?

Howard, Dino, Drax, Thing, Miles, and 3* Elektra   in what order should i prioritize them? I'll probably have to sell 2-3 of them at least.
  • talleman
    Yes Dr Stranges yellow is key to a nice counter agains active abilities but his blue are very usefull aswell. Nice stun and do damage over turns.

I used Cap alot when i was in early 3 land but i mostly paired him with Iron man 40 to speed up Caps expensive attacks. There are plenty of better 3*s and you will probably stop using Cap when you get them. Same goes with Daredevil. Hes okay but there are better 3*s to put your Iso on.
  • TPF Alexis
    Daredevil, Steve, and Storm aren't bad, and you could certainly keep them if you like, but there are a lot of better 3*, so they're ones you could drop if you're really feeling the lack of Roster strength. And yeah, Steve's yellow is far and away his worst power, so that's a consideration too.

Howard and Daredevil are fun, not so much because of the actual effects of their powers, but because you're stunning them by having a duck complain about all his problems, or having a giant dinosaur bite them. Not the most effective by the numbers, but I think dinosaurs are cool, so that particularly entertains me.

Strange's yellow makes a lot of Story events way, way easier. The difference in Venom Bomb between the first time I played it (before I had him), and the second (after I had him) was a huge eye-opener for me. His blue is also good, and his purple is often useful, but the yellow is the real key. And yeah, I would either wait until you pull a cover for him, or until you've got open roster space before setting him as your bonus.

Priority on Howard, Dino, Drax, Thing, Miles, and 3* Elektra honestly mostly comes down to personal preference. None of them are amazing, but none of them are terrible, either. If you like some as a character, go for them. If there are some who annoy you, ditch 'em for now.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker

2) I'm hoarding the heroic token ( don't want more 4* until i'm ready) and the sweet/savory ones. Is there any other that i should save? I've heard the PVE ones ( like venom bomb, rogue and friends) would disapear or that they'll be saved for when the event return.

I personally feel that hoarding your heroic tokens is probably a mistake right now in your roster.  Your odds of getting another 4* with a heroic token are not that great and you should, in my opinion work on getting at least some top tier 2*s championed.  (Most people would say Ares, Thor, Storm, Magneto, and Hawkeye would be good candidates).  The unfortunate thing about this game is that you're always going to pull a cover that you can't use but you still need to pull, at least heroic and elite tokens, so you can get champion rewards from your 2*s on a regular basis.  I personally recommend champing and rostering every 2* (except Bagman) and then work on getting some top tier 3*s.  (search the forums to find out which ones work best;  my recommendations are Dr Strange, Iron Man 40, Luke Cage and Iron Fist).  Then work on rostering top tier 4*s next and so on.  The champ rewards that give you command points, heroic tokens, and HP come much faster when you have a large number of champs.  2*s will give you rewards faster, because you get them more often, but 3*s will also come in time once you champ those.  The only tokens I would say hold onto is the legentary tokens, I'd wait til you get a lot more roster space to allow for 4*s before you start pulling those.  I'm on day 184 and I currently have every 2* and 3* rostered, only 8 of the 3*s are unchamped and I have all but 16 4*s rostered.  That's what has worked for me but some people prefer only champing and rostering only top tier or useful 2*, 3*, 4*s.  But in my opinion, boosted or some unboosted 3*s are often times much better than an undercovered, underleveled 4*.  It's your choice on which way you like to play.
  • MinasMorgul
    MinasMorgul Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
       Looking at your roster, I would say that your first two priorities should be to roster and then champion the rest of the 2*s, except Bagman.  Save all of your ISO for your 2* heroes.  The only 3* heroes I would put any ISO into before all of your 2*s are championed would be Doctor Strange and Iron Man (IM40).  Either one of those two would completely change how powerful you are, so certainly try to get them as soon as you can and make one or both of them your Bonus Hero (BH).

None of the 4*s you have are game changers and are not worth filling with roster spots over any 3* heroes.  Unless you are going to invest money into the game for roster spots, just sell all of your 4* rosters.

You may be worried about it, but there really is no reason to keep both Juggernaut and Iron Man both.  I just have Juggernaut and I have never even had him fall below half health on the 1* node for DDQ. 

As far as hoarding tokens, definitely hoard all of your Command Points (CP) and Legendary Tokens (LT).  Those should only be opened once you are ready to start the 3* -> 4* transition.  Hoarding your taco tokens right now is up to you, they can get you some 3* heroes and would definitely net you quite a few 2*s with a chance at Hero Points (HP) and ISO.  That is all up to personal preference.  When it comes to Standards, Elites and Heroics, only hoard them when you don't have roster spots available in case you get a new token.  Open them once you do though.

One bit of advice, when you can try to keep one roster slot for a 4* in case you should be fortunate to pull one that is the essential node.  That will help you during those events to score higher and get even more rewards.  

It will seem slow building up your roster, but just keep patient.  It picks up once you have championed all the 2*s and then picks up again once you have most of the 3*s and are able to do most of the DDQ nodes on a daily basis.  Most importantly though, have fun!

• TPF Alexis
    A lot of people talk up IM40 as an early recruit, but I really didn't find him that useful until later on, once more of my 3* were well-covered and leveled up and I was starting to roster some 4*. His red and blue are really expensive, until he's got 5 covers in yellow he's not nearly as amazing a battery, and most 2* don't really need his help.

You definitely do want to pick him up, because he's amazing with the right 3* and 4*, but I wouldn't prioritize him at this point over someone like Strange or Khan.
  • talleman
    A lot of people talk up IM40 as an early recruit, but I really didn't find him that useful until later on, once more of my 3* were well-covered and leveled up and I was starting to roster some 4*. His red and blue are really expensive, until he's got 5 covers in yellow he's not nearly as amazing a battery, and most 2* don't really need his help.
    True, Magneto, Storm & Hawkeye goes a long way. I still use them in Deadpools daily :)
  • jtsings

You do have a good point here.  I used IM40 every PVE and continue to do so because he had/has 5 Yellow covers.  However, the awesome thing about IM40 is that he doesn't need to be leveled up at all, if you have his yellow covers.  For the longest time I just left him at level 70 and had him fuel Storms Blue and Green, Wolverine's Red and Green or Johnny Storms Red and Green.  And eventually he'll even start giving blue to Strange as well, which is awesome at 5 covers.  So as others are suggesting, I'd completely focus on your 2*s, then put ISO into your top 3*s and you can even leave IM40 underleveled until you've got some spare ISO.   Even though I used him all the time in PVE and PVP, he was my 7th or so champed 3* because it wasn't necessary to champ him right away, because of his yellow.
  • Addaran
    Listenned to you all and started using my heroic tokens. Forgot to change my BH, so i got my last blue cover for Quicksilver, then i got yellow for Kamala. Got my first bonus 4*, Cyclops, so i'll definitively roaster him in 2 weeks.

Didn't realize that Doc Strange's yellow cover was going to be granted in today's deadpool mission. =( Really should have put him in BH. (though it's not sure i'd have actually won the mission, got 50% success now.)

I've realized i should have kept my other 2* covers. I was deleting them cause i though half of the 2* was a good number and i should focus on 3* after. I'd probabl have very close to champ for Bulleyes, Torch, Ms Marvel and Cap.

I've updated a bit my list. Thanks a lot everyone, all the discussion is really helping me.
  • Addaran
    I progressed well i think, and i need a bit more help!

Got lots of cover in the vine, way quicker then i can get HP for slots. (though having a bunch of 3* helps, for DDQ and PVE essential and the new PVP system helps me get HP)

Got a 4* that i'll keep for sure (my only good 4*) and need to roaster in 3d. And in 6d, i have 3* Dr Strange that i need to roaster. Got 2 covers for 3* Hulk but apparently he's not that good?  Way later, i have 3* Thanos that i can't lose also.

For my remaining slots, should i kept my slots for 3* with Dat Character or should i roaster the last four 2*. I stopped just selling them so i got about 3-5 covers for each.

Got a lone 4* Riri covers too, but i think she's not that good? Probably shouldn't waste one of my few space on her?
  • TPF Alexis
    Hulk is pretty bad, yeah. Riri, on the other hand, got a re-work a little while back, and is really quite good now. I use her all the time.

Strange, Riri, and Thanos are all more worthy of roster space than Daredevil or Elektra. If you can't scrape up the HP, I'd ditch them. Thor, Switch, and Bulleye are all just at single covers, too, but they're better than the other two.
  • Addaran
    edited October 2017
    Thanks!
    Ok, i'll try to keep Riri. Daredevil i'll be able to get rid of after tomorow's deadpool.

What about the 2* ? I should try to roaster them at the expense of 3* and 4* ? Bulleyes might be interesting for 3* bulleyes covers. Carole, Cap and HT, not really sure i need them, but i do get lots of cover for them, so that's eventual ISO and HP.

Also, forgot to mention that i can champ+1  daken, magneto and wolverine. How much priority should i give to Patch, 3* Daken and 3* Magneto? Should i wait before leveling my champs more?
  • lakantanz
    lakantanz Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    2 star cap does lead to covers for 3 star cap, who is quite a good 2-3 transitioning character, particularly when combined with 3 star Iron Man.  He's certainly got a better cover reward than Morningstar's Hulk.

Your aim should be to get the HP to cover all the 2 stars though and star to champion and use their rewards (and selling and releveling) to fuel your HP for the more expensive 3 star bracket, as there are a LOT more of them.  Once you're pushing through championing 3 stars and getting more of those rewards you'll find your HP will grow faster for the 4 star bracket.

If you keep your roster fragmented you'll miss out on a lot of HP potentials.

(Some might disagree with this, but it's -really- helped me personally to work through the tiers with near completion of roster in each tier - though some have been skipping 4 stars to go straight to 5 stars).
  • TPF Alexis
    Yep. I actually lost out on a fair bit because of starting to champ 4* before I'd rostered all the 3*, and leaving off some of the 2*. If I'd done a better job of building in order, I think I would have got here significantly faster, and much more smoothly.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, if your roster there is still up to date, I'd sell those few 4* covers and put 2*s or 3*s in there instead. (Maybe wait until Venom Bomb is over to sell Cyclops, I guess). You will want them all (and all championed) eventually; sooner rather than later.

Having that one extra 4* cover isn't really going to make that much difference when you start getting more, and having an extra champed 3* will make lots of difference until then.
  • Addaran
    It's updated now.

Did Doom's mission then sold him and rostered Thanos. I wanted to wait until the Hulk mission in two days, but then i noticed Thanos is featured in Venom Bomb, will probably get more out of it this way.

Sold all 4* except my cyclops. Of the 3*, i have Luke Cage, Cyclops, Rocket&Groot, Daken and Wolverine on the vine ( and Magneto about to pop from champing). I'm hoping to save them as well as 2* Bulleyes (got around 8 covers) but i'll probably not have enough HP. Daken, Wolverine and Magneto, i'm sure to eventually have 3, so hoping not to waste them.

Also have one cover for Punisher, Hulk, Ragnarok, Loki, Storm and Doom. Pretty sure i'll just trash them all.

New priorities? In what order should i put LC, cykes, R&G, Daken, wolvy and magneto?

Seems i'm about to transition for real into 3* land. Maybe a week or two. :)

• jtsings
    edited November 2017
      I highly encourage you to read some of the links in this post so you can see for yourself how other people have ranked their 3*s and 4*s and it might make your decision on who you choose to keep or get rid of more informative.  https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67654/all-the-different-character-rankings#latest .  I'm pretty partial to Dauthi's guides; even though they are a bit oldish, they are still relevant and each character is explained very well. 

Of the ones you have left in order I would say
    1 Cage[Health Pack Saver decent damage powers and short stun] 
    2 Magneto[Two, can be, devastating damage powers] 
    3 Cyclops [Two also really good damage powers] 
    4) R&G [Can have unlimited health with two decent damage powers] 

Wolvie and Daken are good in certain situations but Wolvie usually takes too long to get going and Daken just takes out small damage chunks, but they are self healers that work well if you get Thanos covered well.  Of the one cover characters you mentioned last I'd say Doom is pretty good but the other ones mentioned, I have all except Loki champed but I don't use them much, personally.
  • Addaran
    Thanks for the suggestion! TI'll keep it in mind.

Already read most of those guides. What's confusing is that they all seem to contradict each others on some heroes. Also, i need you kinda need to think of the combos. Just tried boosted Falcon with my 2* Daken and it's great. Was maybe thinking of getting rid of Blade cause he's not that good ( with only 2 covers) but then i see he's pretty good, especially with Falcon.

Thanks to the new PVP system, i'm getting more HP at least ( could never reach it before)