No Double Iso-8 in Lightning Rounds *Updated (10/17/17)

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, they should max champ all our rostered 5 stars for free, anything else is definitely an insult.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    madsalad said:
    madsalad said:
    mrcheddar said:
    Still don't see the value in lightning rounds as far as time vs. rewards are concerned. When I do play, I play to 300+ points, and that's been enough for a 2 Heroics every time (t50). That's great when I just want to spam heroics until I get a 4-star, but IMO not worth the health packs and HP spent to get there.

The seed teams go fast obviously, but then I need 2-3 additional matches to get over 300. That still leaves me with over an hour left, so I have to either drop 200 HP for a 1 hour shield, or 100HP for a 30  Yeah, no. To those that say it's worth the iso, don't get it. To those that say it's worth it for as "little time" as you spend? Don't get it. 

I was willing to put my skepticism aside for anniversary and go for the double iso, since that DID make me feel it'd be worth it this time around, but alas. Will probably do just one for the sake of getting this compensation reward. 
    You are missing the point. The ISO is from the seeds teams. It takes about 5 minutes to whip through about 10 seed matches for about 1.5K ISO. Double that.

That is my point though....1.5K iso is not worth it to me, nor has it ever actually panned out to be "5 minutes". Even still, I want to keep those points so that I can get t50 for the heroics. If I just decide to not care and not shield out, I get pummeled, and then no t100 even. I can get 1.5K iso doing 2 DDQ nodes, or a few daily champ levels. What 1.5K iso in the grand scheme of things when I need on average 300K+? Sure it adds up, but SLOWLY. 

If we were talking 2-4K iso a pop, or if 2-stars dropped more frequently, or hell, even if this whole "5 minutes" notion was actually true for me, I'd consider it. But as it stands I'm not interested in picking up my phone every other hour to do this for what I consider to be a paltry sum of iso. 
    Do you have 3* Thanos anywhere near champed? Do you have at least 1 4* that does 300+ match damage?  If so, 5 minutes for 10 or so seed teams, as soon as the LR opens, and then one additional non-seed battle will typically get you to 250 points to get the 250 pt token reward.
    Perhaps this is where the disconnect is occurring. The game is fun when I WANT to play it, but I don't usually want to play it anymore than I have to, which is whatever the current PVE/PVP event is for my alliance. So things like LRs are considered "extra" time for me unless I have nothing better to do. So when I play them period, I want compensation that I feel is adequate for the extra time I'm putting in. 250 points and a standard token does not do that for me. 2 Heroics on the other hand does, because that's potentially a four-star cover/champ level, or even a 3-star champ level that awards me just as much, though usually more ISO than the individual lightning round itself. So to get there, I need 300+ points. I've found that most of the time 250-290 ish is t100. That means going beyond the parameters that everyone defines as minimal effort. 

Sure, my 3-Thanos packs a wallop, but that also means health packs if I bring a 4-star that I will probably need later in the event, as he hits my team for 1.2K a pop. You suggested a 4-star that does 300+ match damage, well that would be my Blade, Carol, Medusa, etc, who I will most definitely need for the non-seed teams. So I usually bring a different 5-star so as not keep healing folks. The seed teams plus the 2 or 3 additional matches I need to get over 300 usually leave me with more than an hour left, so now I have to decide if I want to shield out, or keep pushing. But sitting there and letting myself get hit is definitely not an option. I understand I can save time and resources by just not caring after the seed teams, but then I don't get the rewards that I actually want. Not criticizing the folks that love to grind away through seeds every other hour, I'm just saying that I don't find the iso sum worth it, so I have to go for more. 
    To each their own. I was just trying to explain the situation. If it is not what floats your boat than you do you.

I'm not in any way, shape or form in need of more covers. I mean, sure, I like more covers for things, but what I really need is ISO. 1.5k for 5 minutes of time. 5-7 a day for 3 days. For me that is a good trade off. That buys me skips and boosts in PVP, iso towards levels, etc... The extra covers that sometimes drop, or the random 2* I might get from a standard is just a nice bonus.

My problem is sometimes justifying the fight toward shielding to get top placement in an LR. I usually find that I cannot beat teams fast enough to mitigate the hits I am taking to try to place high enough.

• derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    You make it sound like sitting and waiting on the 30-60 second start up window of an LR every ninety minutes - so you get those 9 or 10 easy games - is something sane people should/would/could do.    I'm here to say -  forget that!
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Let's hope they set two reminders to turn it on. Just like the anniversary, you never know when next week actually is.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    smkspy said:
    I don't see why most are thanking the devs for doing something they promised in the first place. 

And really, "didn't have time to"... what, flip a switch to allow LRs to have double iso, but they did have the time to make the skip tax/round award 60 iso for them...uh-huh, sure guys whatever you say.

This is just plain incompetence. They have a whole year to plain this out. Maybe if they weren't taking off Columbus day and taco Tuesday, they could properly program this game that so many of us are paying either large sums or a monthly service fee.

And halving the skip fee... well la de da. How about ruinning double iso LTs the week after instead.

They should give us one free 5* max champed of our choice. Anything less is an insult and they should be ashamed for accepting a paycheck at the end of the week. 
    Poe's law kicking in here :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I happened to have a day off work yesterday and thought I would try my hand at lightning rounds (didn't know at that time it was not double iso). Getting the seed teams was nice and the initial climb was smooth but yeah, you can't stay out unshielded. One minute I was sitting in 13th place with like 20 minutes to go but as my options were mostly unbeatable I was at the end of the road in terms of getting much higher, end of the event I was like 178th! It was feeding frenzy!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    derrickn said:
    You make it sound like sitting and waiting on the 30-60 second start up window of an LR every ninety minutes - so you get those 9 or 10 easy games - is something sane people should/would/could do.    I'm here to say -  forget that!

I'm already making sure I come back before my shield(s) expire every 3, 8, 24 hours or whatever in PVP. People set alarms to wake themselves up to play matches just before a PVP ends. This is just more of the same.

As I said, to each their own.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Borstock said:
    smkspy said:
    I don't see why most are thanking the devs for doing something they promised in the first place. 

And really, "didn't have time to"... what, flip a switch to allow LRs to have double iso, but they did have the time to make the skip tax/round award 60 iso for them...uh-huh, sure guys whatever you say.

This is just plain incompetence. They have a whole year to plain this out. Maybe if they weren't taking off Columbus day and taco Tuesday, they could properly program this game that so many of us are paying either large sums or a monthly service fee.

And halving the skip fee... well la de da. How about ruinning double iso LTs the week after instead.

They should give us one free 5* max champed of our choice. Anything less is an insult and they should be ashamed for accepting a paycheck at the end of the week. 

Seriously, that has to be the craziest thing I’ve ever read on the forums.  Even if it was meant to be a joke. 
    It was completely and entirely a joke.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    I happened to have a day off work yesterday and thought I would try my hand at lightning rounds (didn't know at that time it was not double iso). Getting the seed teams was nice and the initial climb was smooth but yeah, you can't stay out unshielded. One minute I was sitting in 13th place with like 20 minutes to go but as my options were mostly unbeatable I was at the end of the road in terms of getting much higher, end of the event I was like 178th! It was feeding frenzy!
    Yeah Lightning Rounds are a tricky animal! You actually don't want to climb too high too fast otherwise you get smacked down HARD! I'm not sure what your roster is like but I'm firmly in 4* land and I typically climb to the 250 mark and will only get hit once or twice until the final 15 minutes (when I get hit I just get back to the 250 mark). Then just wait until the last 10 minutes or so and get as many points as you can. I almost always finish at least T50 when I do this.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    broll said:
    Borstock said:
    smkspy said:

Seriously, that has to be the craziest thing I’ve ever read on the forums.  Even if it was meant to be a joke. 
    It was completely and entirely a joke.
    I'm just amazed that wasn't completely obvious to everyone. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer will also be acceptable compensation.

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Some players need to gain some real world perspective.

Imagine if some of the people complaining on here accidentally sent their posts out to all of their actual co-workers, or non-game playing friends. The reactions would be priceless.

It's a small team running this game and we wish they could do some things better, that is true. Still, they make this game very enjoyable and most of us believe it is worth the time - and potentially money - you put into it.  

Thanks for the LR iso buff next week that we were hoping for this week. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Seriously, can I work for you guys. Cause small office or not, if I couldn't program a simple code that was written 3-4 years ago, my butt would be fired, especially using the excuse "well we just couldn't get to it in time."

• madsalad
    Some players need to gain some real world perspective.

Imagine if some of the people complaining on here accidentally sent their posts out to all of their actual co-workers, or non-game playing friends. The reactions would be priceless.

It's a small team running this game and we wish they could do some things better, that is true. Still, they make this game very enjoyable and most of us believe it is worth the time - and potentially money - you put into it.  

Thanks for the LR iso buff next week that we were hoping for this week. 
    This is what planning meetings, calendars, Project Managers are for. Also, the letters "Q" and "A" come to mind.

I expect my employees to deliver on projects and timelines.

I mean, honestly - all events during anniversary week should have double iso/rewards. LRs happen every week, same bat time, same bat channel. How do you forget to flip the double iso switch, especially when it has already happened at least one other year?   They are running at a 50% success rate for anniversary. That's bad.  At least they've realized their "gift" gaff from last year (again, only after the forumites had pointed it out - again) and our making good on running double iso LRs next week to make up for not having them this week.

Now, if only they found the code for the 20-person LRs from years ago, that would be a nice surprise!

• Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler

Now, if only they found the code for the 20-person LRs from years ago, that would be a nice surprise!

Complete with the 20 Iso-8 rewards?
  • madsalad

Complete with the 20 Iso-8 rewards?

Well, no.

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    Borstock said:
    smkspy said:

Reductio ad absurdum. A method of making a point by taking something to such an extreme that it becomes ridiculous. Often done as a joke.

Quick escalation is a key factor. Awesome when used right, which I thought it was and kudos @Borstock, and frustrating when done wrong to shoot down any reasonable middle ground and derail a conversation or make any significant progress on an agenda. I am a minor pedant when it comes to pointing out the latter having happened.
  • madsalad
    C'mon double iso LRs. Daddy has another character or two to champ with all the covers obtained during Anniversary!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited October 2017
    mexus said:
    Will here be some in-game disclaimer about Double ISO Lightning Rounds or should we start letting all our non-forum friends know so they don't miss out?

Brigby
    Good question! I'll pass that question along to the developers, and update you when I get a response.

Update: I just spoke with the developers, and there will in fact be a Message of the Day that informs players of the Double Iso-8 Lightning Rounds.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Update 10/17 10:01am - Due to the way that the skip opponent cost is set up, we unfortunately will be unable to halve the skip amount during this run of Double Iso-8 Lightning Rounds. We apologize for the inconvenience.