No Double Iso-8 in Lightning Rounds *Updated (10/17/17)

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    How much do we have to play them to get this fancy bonus? Like, grind seeds on every available one or just play a single match? Or somewhere in between?
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Funny, they can change a 25% token pull rate to 15% in no time but cant change this...hmmm....
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:

Hi Everyone - 

As you may have seen, the Lightning Rounds that started today do not have double iso-8. The team is very sorry as we intended to offer double iso-8 but were unable to make the changes in time to offer it in the Lightning Rounds. We will send out a gift to each player next week that beat seed teams in the Lightning Rounds.

We hope that everyone is continuing to enjoy the Anniversary!

I fixed it cause that's all I'll will be doing. 

I don't understand how LR can be forgotten every Anniversary. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    How can you not be able to "make the changes in time"?
    Do you have to sacrifice a goat for each double ISO event and couldn't find another one in time?
    Finding and sacrificing a goat takes time, precious time that could be spent taking off work to go on vacation or to honor National Hamburger Day.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Someone school me on LR iso farming? I'm not seeing how its such a good way to gain iso
    This is a good guide to the general theory. http://mpqtips.com/lightning-round-guide/

When I've had the time to do it, I can easily pull in an extra 10k/day between the win bonus, the piddling progression rewards, and sale of cover rewards and covers from standard token pulls.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    How about 1k iso per LR round played this week?

Of course, that's still too low. 2k per? 

How much iso do you think you could ha e farmed if the LRs we're actually double?  We need a poll!
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I call shenanigans on this. How long have they had to get this done? A whole year, that’s how long. Anniversary is not a surprise, the date doesn’t move. It’s not based on the full moon or anything like that. If they said ‘we forgot’ or similar i’d be fine with it but ‘not enough time’... that’s ****, pure and simple. 

I’ve been around long enough to remember the first anniversary. LRs got messed up then so they gave us the amazing 20 person LRs that rained tokens. It was exactly the kind of thing that makes players feel good towards a game. I also remember last anniversary when LEs didn’t award double ISO - evidently they learned nothing from that- where we got crummy compensation. I really hope they do the right thing and wheel out the 20 person LRs again but it’s pretty clear which direction the wind is blowing these days. 
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Hey on the up side folks the "no skip" bonus is still double.  So we still get 60 ISO instead of 30 ISO bonus for each seed team we beat.  Win.....
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey on the up side folks the "no skip" bonus is still double.  So we still get 60 ISO instead of 30 ISO bonus for each seed team we beat.  Win.....
     Which makes their excuse all the more absurd. LRs have the double iso skip, but can't have the double iso for wins. This is pure them not wanting to offer double iso on LRs, but instead using a silly excuse and a paltry iso bonus to excuse their shady tactics. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be more forgiving if the exact same thing didn't happen last year, too.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Chalk up another tick in the incompetence/laziness/procrastination side of the scoreboard for the pros at d3

I'm surprised only a handful of people have decided to write this off as 'no big deal', 'thanks for the communication', 'they were trying their hardest'.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    they are listening?
    oh, and testing. a lot, obviously. 
  • nonnel1
    nonnel1 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I'm sure the devs are good folks.  Just messed this one up... again.  

It's not like anyone here hasn't gone back and made the same mistake twice.  Remember that old girlfriend/boyfriend that you used to have.  And there were at least 10 good reasons you broke up with them.  But the all of the sudden, early one morning, you're wondering how you ended up in their bed again...  

Now for all all you drunk people reading the forum, don't go getting the urge to text that ex for a booty call.....  until you had at least another beer or two

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    nonnel1 said:
    I'm sure the devs are good folks.  Just messed this one up... again.  

It's not like anyone here hasn't gone back and made the same mistake twice.  Remember that old girlfriend/boyfriend that you used to have.  And there were at least 10 good reasons you broke up with them.  But the all of the sudden, early one morning, you're wondering how you ended up in their bed again...  

Now for all all you drunk people reading the forum, don't go getting the urge to text that ex for a booty call.....  until you had at least another beer or two

Or maybe you have a good reason, like it's the anniversary of your break up.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Still don't see the value in lightning rounds as far as time vs. rewards are concerned. When I do play, I play to 300+ points, and that's been enough for a 2 Heroics every time (t50). That's great when I just want to spam heroics until I get a 4-star, but IMO not worth the health packs and HP spent to get there.

The seed teams go fast obviously, but then I need 2-3 additional matches to get over 300. That still leaves me with over an hour left, so I have to either drop 200 HP for a 1 hour shield, or 100HP for a 30 min shield. In both cases there is still time left after my shield drops, so I either have to drop another shield immediately, or play another match or 2 then shield out. After the seed teams you start facing teams that are the real deal, so the matches take longer and drain more of your health. So on top of dropping HP and health packs, you've also gotta worry about getting picked of by 5-star rosters in the final minutes. After all this? 500 iso if I made t50. And I'm supposed to want to do EVERY single one of these every other hour for the ISO? Yeah, no. To those that say it's worth the iso, don't get it. To those that say it's worth it for as "little time" as you spend? Don't get it. 

I was willing to put my skepticism aside for anniversary and go for the double iso, since that DID make me feel it'd be worth it this time around, but alas. Will probably do just one for the sake of getting this compensation reward. 
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Still don't see the value in lightning rounds as far as time vs. rewards are concerned. When I do play, I play to 300+ points, and that's been enough for a 2 Heroics every time (t50). That's great when I just want to spam heroics until I get a 4-star, but IMO not worth the health packs and HP spent to get there.

The seed teams go fast obviously, but then I need 2-3 additional matches to get over 300. That still leaves me with over an hour left, so I have to either drop 200 HP for a 1 hour shield, or 100HP for a 30  Yeah, no. To those that say it's worth the iso, don't get it. To those that say it's worth it for as "little time" as you spend? Don't get it. 

I was willing to put my skepticism aside for anniversary and go for the double iso, since that DID make me feel it'd be worth it this time around, but alas. Will probably do just one for the sake of getting this compensation reward. 
    You are missing the point. The ISO is from the seeds teams. It takes about 5 minutes to whip through about 10 seed matches for about 1.5K ISO. Double that.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    mrcheddar said:

The seed teams go fast obviously, but then I need 2-3 additional matches to get over 300. That still leaves me with over an hour left, so I have to either drop 200 HP for a 1 hour shield, or 100HP for a 30  Yeah, no. To those that say it's worth the iso, don't get it. To those that say it's worth it for as "little time" as you spend? Don't get it. 

You are missing the point. The ISO is from the seeds teams. It takes about 5 minutes to whip through about 10 seed matches for about 1.5K ISO. Double that.

Not only that, but the XP for winning those matches seems to add up (at least for me).
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Open the event when it appears to get the max number of seeds, wait a few minutes to start, beat the seeds, set your trapcake, let the defensive wins carry you over 250 and a top 100 finish.  No healthpacks, no shields.  Occasionally, you have to beat up on a few weak teams at the end to get your score back up, but nothing too taxing. 
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you devs for agreeing to run it next week.
    Never thought that would happen.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    This is a welcome update - and timely given the number of Dino covers I have sitting waiting to Champ her!