No Double Iso-8 in Lightning Rounds *Updated (10/17/17)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Update 10/17 10:01am - Due to the way that the skip opponent cost is set up, we unfortunately will be unable to halve the skip amount during this run of Double Iso-8 Lightning Rounds. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Update 10//11 8:30AM - Speaking with the team today, we will be running double iso-8 rewards next week with the price to skip events halved in Lightning Rounds. This will be in lieu of a free gift next week.

Hi Everyone - 

As you may have seen, the Lightning Rounds that started today do not have double iso-8. The team is very sorry as we intended to offer double iso-8 but were unable to make the changes in time to offer it in the Lightning Rounds. We will send out a gift to each player next week that participated in the Lightning Rounds.

We hope that everyone is continuing to enjoy the Anniversary!

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    100 iso coming your way guys and girls!!!!  :p
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    @LakeStone and what about the no double ISO on intercepts?  They were doubled last year.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    200. Doubled, remember ;)
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    200. Doubled, remember ;)
    Already was doubled. They intended to send 50 iso.  :D
  • nonnel1
    nonnel1 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I hope it's based on the number of LR matches played and not just some arbitrary number like last year.  10k ISO undershot what a lot of players would have normally earned. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Wait.  So no double ISO at all for this week of LRs?  Will they do a double ISO next week for LRs instead? 
    @Brigby
    @LakeStone
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the implication that no LRs during the anniversary will have double ISO, or just the first set?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the implication that no LRs during the anniversary will have double ISO, or just the first set?
    How about instead of a small increase for people that play this week, give quadruple ISO next week ;)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 48h of LRs are one event. They can't change active events as they've said in the past.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    nonnel1 said:
    I hope it's based on the number of LR matches played and not just some arbitrary number like last year.  10k ISO undershot what a lot of players would have normally earned. 
    Surely it will be a flat number. I don't even know if they could track how many matches each player participated in and calculate an appropriate amount of ISO for them, which could then result in a customer service ticket from many players ("According to my math I should have gotten 1,000 more ISO!"). A flat figure is much easier to implement and there's no arguing it since it is what it is.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Just fix it for next week. Noone will mind if you add another week of double iso.  :p
  • zahria
    zahria Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I'm sure there will be lots of comments that whatever reward you deem to give us isn't enough. Be let's be honest.  ISO is the main way that you champ your heroes, once you have the covers.  And while you can buy it, lighting rounds is an easy & quick way to get the ISO needed to improve your roster & that's what it's all about in the end.  I know that a lot of players do LR every time. I try to do most of them as it's a good source of ISO.  So whatever you do give us isn't going to come close to what we would have gotten if you had pushed this out in advance.  I think you could have easily done a data push to fix this. After all, you've done data pushes regularly to correct other things.  I do love MPQ but it seems that this was a mistake that could have been avoided, like so many others in this game.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    @LakeStone, has it occurred to you and the team to run the next set of lightning rounds with double iso, instead of a miniscule token gesture of compensation we have come to expect all these years. 
    Or How about a rapid data push to fix the error.
    You know, like the one’s you use to rapidly fix the drop rates in stores ?
    Sorry for the sarcasm, but this is hugely disappointing to the players who are “celebrating” their 4th anniversary in this game :/

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Someone school me on LR iso farming? I'm not seeing how its such a good way to gain iso
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    farlus said:
    "Didn't have time" to prepare for the anniversary of the game. That happens every year. On the same date.

I'm starting to feel the shaft here. We get pumped up about double ISO and then get a boss event (lower iso 8 stream than normal PvE), an extra 24h on the first node of the PvE (fewer rewards than pure 3x24), and now no double ISO on LR, which was the main draw of all of this. We simply cannot be given something with one hand without the other taking away. Very frustrating.
    I noticed this too, they can call it a mistake if they want but it seems very much on purpose to me. "Let's say we're giving double iso this week and then find excuse after excuse to take it away."