PvE 4-star Essentials Tracking/Theory

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    jamesh said:
    Maybe they moved Mockingbird up because she was skipped in SHIELD Simulator?
    Hopefully they can squeeze Vulture in somewhere soon. We're coming up on the end of the Crash rotation, and if he isn't featured again before it flips, he'll get skipped and it will be a looooooong time before his chance rolls around again. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    after Rogue we get Grocket again
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    jamesh said:
    Hopefully they can squeeze Vulture in somewhere soon. We're coming up on the end of the Crash rotation, and if he isn't featured again before it flips, he'll get skipped and it will be a looooooong time before his chance rolls around again. 
    Well, it looks like they've inserted Devil Dinosaur as the next Crash, so that gives Vulture an extra 5 days to be featured :)
  • DarthDeVo
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    jamesh said:
    Well, it looks like they've inserted Devil Dinosaur as the next Crash, so that gives Vulture an extra 5 days to be featured :)
    Actually, Dino is running twice it looks like, so an extra 10 days. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    DarthDeVo said:
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    jamesh said:
    Actually, Dino is running twice it looks like, so an extra 10 days. 
    what?

god I hate Devil Dino and Howard. I'm so sick of these worthless joke characters getting wheeled out
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I still have a ton of questions now that the alliance event has played out. I'm not sure how Mockingbird's essential fits into this whole thing but R&G being an essential that didn't end up playing out works for the L12B rotation. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    Carnage after X23? wut? two vaulted characters? (three if you count Professor X but there were no covers)
  • jamesh
    And Mordo purple after Carnage, from the looks of the latest sneak peek thread update.
  • jamesh
    And we're back to Rocket & Groot after only 5 events after the last time he was a placement reward.  Granted we missed out on having him as a progression reward due to the boss event, but that is still pretty quick.
  • DarthDeVo
    jamesh said:
    And we're back to Rocket & Groot after only 5 events after the last time he was a placement reward.  Granted we missed out on having him as a progression reward due to the boss event, but that is still pretty quick.
     Yeah... I already mentioned this in the sneak peek thread, but if they don't feature Vulture soon, we're gonna miss out on his Crash.

If I'm not mistaken, he hasn't been featured since his release, right? And that's been almost three months ago. Same goes for Yondu, although to a lesser degree. 
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    The "two times featured" rule originated before vaulting (and now the 3x pull chance) and BH were a thing I believe. With those increased odds, I don't think new characters need to be featured anymore before being crash eligible. They should run Vulture's crash regardless if he gets another PVE feature or not.
  • DarthDeVo
    The "two times featured" rule originated before vaulting (and now the 3x pull chance) and BH were a thing I believe. With those increased odds, I don't think new characters need to be featured anymore before being crash eligible. They should run Vulture's crash regardless if he gets another PVE feature or not.
    Has that ever been officially announced? I'm not disagreeing with you; I actually think that with first vaulting, and now 3x odds, those old rules about being featured twice probably aren't needed anymore.

But I'm not going to assume any of that has changed unless they make an announcement of some kind. 

Still, I do find it annoying Vulture hasn't been featured since his release. 
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    DarthDeVo said:
    Has that ever been officially announced? I'm not disagreeing with you; I actually think that with first vaulting, and now 3x odds, those old rules about being featured twice probably aren't needed anymore.

But I'm not going to assume any of that has changed unless they make an announcement of some kind. 

It's just my own opinion of the "2 times featured" rule. You exactly said was I was saying. ;)

The thing is, like you said, they probably won't run Vulture's crash because he wasn't featured twice. And then I look at my 10 cover Vulture and shake my head in disbelief.

About 4* R&G coming up again(!), I got this funny feeling they might bring Apocalypse back to release Nightcrawler. Maybe R&G became the Boss Battle reward filler. (Honestly, I've got no idea why they're back so soon.)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

I found this statement by Brigby from a few months ago:
    Brigby said:
    ZootSax said:
    bowla33 said:
    Shouldn't 3Star Lord be added to DDQ rotation  after 3 Hawkeye? Or does that wait until after he hits tokens for a full season?

@Brigby,  you have an answer for why Star Lord was skipped in DDQ this round?  That system isn't as clear to me as the rules for when new characters enter tokens  Thanks.
    @smkspy @bowla33 @ZootSax @broll
    If memory serves me correct, characters will only appear in DDQ after they've been featured in their events at least once or twice. Having said that though, I'll double check with the developers to make sure that's the case.
    Granted, it's about a three-star character, but it still confirms there is a rule even if Brigby wasn't sure what it was at the time he made that post.
  • jamesh
    That's definitely about 3* characters, yeah.  And as a counterpoint, 3* Elektra was added to the DDQ rotation after only being featured once in story and once in versus: the same as Vulture.

I would work on the assumption he'll be included in Crash, and complain if we unexpectedly see Coulson.  They managed to add Gwenpool after people complained, by inserting her after Spider-Gwen, so I wouldn't worry too much.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Vulture also hasn't been featured in the Behemoth Burrito yet, which seems to be a pretty good indicator of whether he's deemed ready for his Crash. 

I agree that the "featured twice" rule doesn't make sense in the wake of vaulting and the 3x odds (not that it made an enormous amount of sense before), but I see no reason to believe it's not still in place.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Vulture's weird. The L12A reset right before it was his turn and then for some strange reason Mockingbird got an inexplicable run as an essential since then so Vulture's been the L12 who hasn't been an essential longer than anyone else. Unless they pull what they did for Mockingbird where they give him an essential out of the usual order, L12B still has to get through the upcoming R&G, then Gamora and then Sandman before it finally gets to Vulture. That could be awhile. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    delete this, it was already discussed.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Any strange possibility that Vulture has already been slightly nerfed for the 4* season changes and that's why they haven't rerun him yet? Probably not, but another theory log to throw on the fire.
  • jamesh
    The rewards for the next event (Thick as Thieves) are up, so it looks like the next two progression covers are Nightcrawler red and Yondu blue.

For my Yondu, that's the one colour I have 5 covers of ...