Something went wrong

UweTellkampf
UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
In the recent HoR I have gotten the above message 7 times just after I'd start a match. The screen would stay black and the message would then pop up. "Retry" would just let the message appear again, cancel would lead to a loss. Writing a ticket returned the usual tinykitty response 

Comments

• MarsDeon
    MarsDeon Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Same issues with HoR. Lost three attempts.
  • UweTellkampf
  • UweTellkampf
    Joining TG was not possible at all
    for me today 
  • UweTellkampf
  • MDsupa
    MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Just went two matches with FIRF.  it claims the matches fine, but when I win.  SWW error and it doesn't count.

Seriously, why are we having to deal with this every 3-4 days?  This doesn't seems like it's programming issues, more like network/servers issue that keep coming up every few days.  

@Brigby

Can you please have the new team look at your infrastructure?  Thank you.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    This one really kills the user experience. There's nothing like carefully planning every move for 20 minutes only to see "something went wrong "
  • UweTellkampf
    Update: Mine has disappeared. This is what I did:

1. Updated iOs to 11
    2. In the Settings /general/, iPhone storage, Magic The G.: "offload app". The game reinstalled. After that and since that I got no crashes/SWWs

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    I guess it's time to go to iOS 11.  I only lost 2 but still no fun.
  • MarsDeon
    MarsDeon Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017

1. Updated iOs to 11
    2. In the Settings /general/, iPhone storage, Magic The G.: "offload app". The game reinstalled. After that and since that I got no crashes/SWWs

Do you have FB connection? @UweTellkampf
  • UweTellkampf
    @MarsDeon yes
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the delay, as I have only just returned today from working our booth at New York Comic Con.

I spoke with Oktagon about this issue, and it appears that it is possibly related to the start time of Hour of Revelation coinciding with the end time of another event. The next run of HoR (October 12th) does not have any conflicting times with another event, so this will be an opportunity to rule out whether start time or the event itself is the reason for these issues.

After this evaluation, the development team will be able to better identify the best course of action to take to fix this issue.
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby these sorts of issues are addressed every day in the airline and hotel business with solutions that date back to the 1960s.  To be blunt, any outsourcer that's not aware of the last 60 years of software development is incompetent and should be fired.  Any management that hired them should also be fired for lack of due diligence.  There's simply no nice way to say it.  These problems were well documented and solved before most of these people were born.  There is no excuse to have them in a new product.

• Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby these sorts of issues are addressed every day in the airline and hotel business with solutions that date back to the 1960s.  To be blunt, any outsourcer that's not aware of the last 60 years of software development is incompetent and should be fired.  Any management that hired them should also be fired for lack of due diligence.  There's simply no nice way to say it.  These problems were well documented and solved before most of these people were born.  There is no excuse to have them in a new product.

Aw snap
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker

Well the old studio did collapse didn't it? 
  • TheDragonHermit
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the delay, as I have only just returned today from working our booth at New York Comic Con.

I spoke with Oktagon about this issue, and it appears that it is possibly related to the start time of Hour of Revelation coinciding with the end time of another event. The next run of HoR (October 12th) does not have any conflicting times with another event, so this will be an opportunity to rule out whether start time or the event itself is the reason for these issues.

After this evaluation, the development team will be able to better identify the best course of action to take to fix this issue.
    Hey, nice variable isolation there, HoR is nowhere to be found and I am getting SWW so it is looking like there might be an issue with the ending of some events rather that the begining of HoR, might this have to do with the servers getting strained by preparing to distribute all the rewards, or something along that line? Just taking a shot in the dark there.
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker

1. Updated iOs to 11

I tried this last night and so far the SWW errors seem to be worse than they were before. 
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    SWW after winning 3.3, since then I've been completely locked out. Because it's the weekend, I doubt that anyone will even read this before both coalition events will have ended.

BTW, I'm not on iOS, but on Android.
  • TheDragonHermit
    Send a ticket and join the club, last I heard even @Brigby is locked out.
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I did, but it's a bit unlikely that it will change anything.
  • rinzler
    rinzler Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Unfortunately I've had my cherry popped. For the first time. Hopefully I don't accumulate tickets as if they were pink crystals like a regarded group here has. For myself, there should be a ticket counter and when you reach 5-10 you should be able to trade that in for a mythic or masterpiece. I also enjoy the e-mail response to submitting a ticket. Which lists a set of actions, that through the history of my coalition, do not work. I guess that they are put there occupy the player while the server side tries to figure out what the hell is going on and try to fix it. I tried resetting  the app, resetting the device, I even sacrificed a chicken in the name of puzzle quest but to no avail. But when your app doesn't work on one platform that indicates a conflict between the app and the platform. And it is up to the makers of the app to comply. But now that this happening on both major platforms, well let's just say that this doesn't look so good for anyone responsible for making sure that the app is current for either platform. You gotta be able to take the hit when your "S" is broke.