Shield Rank 125+

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Certainly not attempting to justify the delay here, but trying to put myself in their shoes, I can kind of see how this might be a much bigger problem than they would have initially thought. I believe they stated themselves that Clearance Level 10 was the absolute highest clearance level there was in S.H.I.E.L.D., no exceptions. 

It would seem they've dug themselves into a hole here, trying to sync SHIELD Rank with SHIELD Clearance Level in a way that makes sense. You can get into CL8 with a rank in the 40s, and CL9 with a rank in the 60s if I remember correctly. With only 1 unreleased Clearance Level at this point, it would probably be something around the 80s that would be the entry requirement. That's still quite a variance in roster strength of the people who would be eligible for the Clearance Level, and thus the difficulty wouldn't make sense for the Shield Ranks that are allowed to try it. There's also the matter of making clearance level awards sensible for those shield ranks. CL7 strikes this balance perfectly, while levels 8 & 9 leave a bit to be desired. Yes getting 4-stars for t50 is great, but the level of difficulty and increased time required probably isn't appropriate for someone who's SHIELD Rank 80. 

I think they know a change like this will most likely require them to overhaul the placement rewards system, and that's why they keep putting it off. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    stewbacca said:
    Although I would like it increased, honestly once you are at 125, the iso need kind of disappears.. I wish they would rotate the level awards to something like the champion cycle... 
    LOL
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards

I think they know a change like this will most likely require them to overhaul the placement rewards system, and that's why they keep putting it off. 
    Why not just give up on making the perfect omelet and just serve us some scrambled eggs?  The level cap is clearly not a technical issue and it's just a question of when and why they should turn the iso back on.

Undoubtedly this is gonna be tied to some major rewards overhaul.  Nothing wrong with that philosophy, but just get on with the business or publish a clear and transparent roadmap.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    18 million ISO debt. Still have a bit of wiggle room in shield ranks(SR 111)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    @Brigby I don't understand why they can't just raise the level. Is there some sort of technical reason for this? Just curious.
    My assumption is that you can't simply change a line of code from "SL Max = 125" ro "SL Max = 1000" and say "Job well done, me!" and go to lunch. The rewards need adding in and I imagine a lot of work goes into the maths of the EXP increase so as to not become too large to complete nor too low as to make it easy. Not to mention at higher levels you need to evaluate is the ISO reward enough on the current scale?

A lot of maths will go into the decision to increase it and I don't imagine they can't be bothered to do it, it's likely more that they're a fairly small team and they have priorities on what needs creating, fixing and patching before they can get to that.

Think of it like your roster. You have a 3* who's at 12 covers and is only level 100. You could pour some ISO into them but right now you have 7 days to champ this 4* character before those 2 covers you have in your backlog go away. You're gonna focus on that 4* first, right?
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    a temp solution, just let players redo the shield rank 125 and get the iso rewards over and over again.

I don't know how much exp last shield level required, for example 5k exp, so when a player hit the max, reset this 5k, so every 5k we will get iso rewards.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can confirm I will be dropping VIP if the max level is not increased. Quickest way I can think to express my dissatisfaction.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    madoctor said:
    18 million ISO debt. Still have a bit of wiggle room in shield ranks(SR 111)
    What? you must be getting covers faster than getting iso, which means you are actually doing reasonably well in events.  I hope there's a new way to help someone in this situation (that doesn't necessarily include spending money). Are you getting appropriate alliance rewards?
    That number is only to cap what I have and includes champing fee for those I can champ.

Note that number doesn't include ISO for 3* dupes so there's that too.

I do think I am in an alliance suited to what I can contribute
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    I can confirm I will be dropping VIP if the max level is not increased. Quickest way I can think to express my dissatisfaction.
    I don't understand why you would limit yourself more, what did you buy VIP for anyway? For me it's about extra resources from intercepts and LT's/HP etc. You are not losing out on anything by not having the shield rank rise. It was a bonus, a feature they added which has given you a fair bit of ISO but as a kick in the bottom back to the Devs has caused another sense of entitlement.

What about me, behind on shield rank I didn't get the 100k for level 100. Do they owe me something?

So what's the deal in general, sense of entitlement or feeling like people behind are catching up to a number that only the player can see?
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Tony Foot said:
    jackstar0 said:
    I don't understand why you would limit yourself more, what did you buy VIP for anyway? For me it's about extra resources from intercepts and LT's/HP etc. You are not losing out on anything by not having the shield rank rise. It was a bonus, a feature they added which has given you a fair bit of ISO but as a kick in the bottom back to the Devs has caused another sense of entitlement.

What about me, behind on shield rank I didn't get the 100k for level 100. Do they owe me something?

So what's the deal in general, sense of entitlement or feeling like people behind are catching up to a number that only the player can see?
    Yeah right, it makes no sense to stop VIP in protest, he's only hurt himself. He should actually buy 78000 iso every two-three weeks to make up for the iso lost by being stuck at 125. :trollface:
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are not losing ISO it was a bonus feature that you have currently reaped full benefit from. If they decide that's enough because the flow of ISO is much better than it was when they introduced the feature do you spend the next 3 years thinking about how much ISO you would have had. Again anyone who hit 100 before the tweak already got more than those that didn't. 

Just maybe the delay is because they are looking at other ways to tweak ISO rate, like reducing the cost of 4 star champ costs  ;)
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I hit 116 today, so it's not too long before I get there.  It would be nice if they'd increase it, but it's not necessary.  

Think of it this way.  When they introduced shield ranks, it was a new feature to earn an extra 2.5m ISO.  Later on they increased the limit so you could earn another 1.25m ISO.  Don't quote me on the numbers, those are guesstimates.  

Sure I'd like more ISO, but even if it never increases, it was enough to let me champ 10 4's. 
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Pants1000 said:
    I hit 116 today, so it's not too long before I get there.  It would be nice if they'd increase it, but it's not necessary.  

Think of it this way.  When they introduced shield ranks, it was a new feature to earn an extra 2.5m ISO.  Later on they increased the limit so you could earn another 1.25m ISO.  Don't quote me on the numbers, those are guesstimates.  

Sure I'd like more ISO, but even if it never increases, it was enough to let me champ 10 4's. 
    with all my due respect to all comments here, but in my opinion any new feature added to the game, I will not consider it as an extra, I consider it as part of the game to survive, to still exist and people still interested in it.
    but still it is appreciated they create new features and do tests, and change, or try to change things to better.

another way to look into iso need for each player:

lets assume the game have only 3 3* char and 3 4* char, we would not need that much iso after all.
    but everytime a new char added to the game, our need to iso increases, and from i see every 2 weeks, there is either one new char (usually 4*) or 2 new char (usually 5* and 3*).

now there are 46 3*, 57 4*, and 19 5* (if i am not mistaken), think of how much iso need now.

someone might think like this, every 2 weeks a new 4 * is released, but in 2 weeks i might be able to collect 600k iso (as example), true in this scenario this player is making iso faster than a new 4* release, but actually this is not correct way or an accurate way to calculate it,

we need to think about duplicate, i do not think it is wise to sell maxed 3* or 4*, unless we get a duplicate that is almost maxed, every 1 new char release (it is like 2 new char, every 2 new is like 4 new).

for new player will see oh my god, all these char, and much much more new release, when am i gonna have enough iso to champ them all. 

for mid-old player, when they start making dup, they will need iso much more.
  • Phumade
    jackstar0 said:
    Why?
     your the one who will be giving up the reward perks and the intercept bonuses?

Tell them you will boycott Buy clubs.  But don't shoot youerself in the foot over this
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I'm still pretty salty that I didn't get 100k iso when I hit level 100 and others did. It isn't a huge difference, won't even cover a 2* but there is no reason to take that away from me.
  • Phumade
    snlf25 said:
    I'm still pretty salty that I didn't get 100k iso when I hit level 100 and others did. It isn't a huge difference, won't even cover a 2* but there is no reason to take that away from me.
    you only got the 100k for hitting level 100 when that was the final level.  Once they moved the level cap to 125, they removed the 100k bonus from level 100 and moved it to level 125.

So in actuality if you had hit the first cap at 100,  you basically would get a 2nd bonus for hitting rank 125.

• Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Sure you can look at SR ISO as bonuses.  But in reality, before SR, ISO was so scarce, the devs finally realized we were not getting near enough ISO for what was in the game.  The SR ISO is such a necessity at this point. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 said:
     It costs basically 75K ISO to champ a 2* from Level 15. A 3* is 127K to champ from Level 40. Then, for whatever reason, a 4* jumps all the way to 377K to champ from Level 70. They really need to lower the cost for champing 4*s. It's the largest tier by far, so is the largest ISO sink by default.  Even if it were only 300K it would be more manageable. 

I believe it used to cost more to champ 3*s, and they reduced the cost at some point, so I think there's precedent. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that. 
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I don't see this happening unless they just make it unlimited.  If the bump it to 150 half the people here would hit the new ceiling immediately and start complaining again.

What is needed is a statement as to whether this was meant to be a tool for beginners or not.  The ranking system in events could have been done without it (maybe not as cool looking). 

Then once they have decided if it is a beginner tool or not then either rip the band-aid off and say "Sorry that's it"  or make a plan for unlimited levels.

Part of the issue is that this is a low priority enhancement because there is nothing in it for them.  New Characters
    and things which encourage spending are higher priority.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Just bumping this up as I'll be hitting 125 in the next month ot so, any new updates? @Brigby