4* DDQ: X-Force Showdown - Deadpool vs. Wolverine

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
I had a much easier go of things compared to last time, now that Wade is 2/5/4 Level 209. Got it first try, no boosts. 

This may have been the most favorable board I've ever had in my personal Crash history. There were purple tiles all over the place. I waited until I had some green on the board, then cast Countdown for What. I think most of them were matched. 

Logan did manage to get off one X-Force, and he placed a Recovery tile, but it never resolved on account that I soon double cast another Countdown for What to cover every green tile on the board. One match later, and it was all over. Finished with 6810 health left. Token to the hoard. 

Comments

• rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Got lucky to win on my 4th try with a 3/3/3 lv 188 deadpool.  Used +2 all/+2 ry/+2 bp and was able to build up out of bullets really quickly.  Fired that off when it was most effective.  He fired a surgical strike to  bring me down to around 1600 healht, I fired a countdown for what and was able to match away 2 tiles.  He used x-force leaving me with 65 health which luckily hit a countdown for what which downed him.

LT gave me champed Gamora bringing her to 280 and giving me another LT which gave me a champed IMHB bringing him to 276
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won on the second try.  First board was very kind to Wolverine, giving him lots of green and blacks.  The second board was much nicer to my Deadpool, with lots of Purples and Reds.  LT got me a Lockjaw (1/3/2), with a Bonus Thor to bring her to 280.  That LT got me an Ant-Man.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/2/4 lv.106 no boosts.

With my 3* at 222 a few days ago I set him as favorite in order to get an extra 4* for this crash.

Tried this out to get a feel for the fight and how much I may need to level him in a few days if I didn't get a win by then. Got out some early countdown to what tiles and managed to match a few. After trading more barbs, Logan was at about 5k while Deadpool was down to 1500ish. I thought Out of Bullets would help even things up, but was happily surprised to see VICTORY appear on the screen. First try win.

Token to the hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    4 fails so far with my 2/2/2 XDP. There's always a yellow green or black match to prevent so I never get to match red or purple

keen to see if anyone at this cover level can do it as it seems possible with a good board
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    4 fails so far with my 2/2/2 XDP. There's always a yellow green or black match to prevent so I never get to match red or purple

keen to see if anyone at this cover level can do it as it seems possible with a good board
     The last time this Crash ran, I think my DP was something like 1/3/2 or 1/4/2. I may not have even had a red cover. Point being, the power where I had the most covers was completely useless for the Crash. It took dozens of tries and tons of boosts, but I finally managed to win. 

Yes, you will need an extremely favorable board. Not gonna lie. If Logan's Recovery tile resolves, he gains back almost all his health, if I remember right. But if it's matched away, you get a good chunk of damage.  So yellow and black denial should definitely be a priority.

Good luck, but you will probably have your work cut out for you. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won it on my first try with a 2-0-2 deadpool using no boosts (I was just trying to get a feel to whether I might be able to do it when I did do it).

Got 4-5 match 5's during the game and everyone of those caused the critical tile to match against Red/Black/Purple right away which was huge extra damage boost. A few casts of Purple helped even if each CD only damaged for 600 and one use of Red. He never got Black off because that was my #1 priority and he died with his Yellow cd on the board.

KGB
  • Twl7569
    Twl7569 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    355 level 141 Deadpool. Went for heavy boosts, won with no problem. Token got me another deadpool. 
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    lvl 160 5/2/3 Deadpool did with second attempt, no boosts. First time was very close too, Wolvie had 187 energy left... Strategy simply: do not give black / yellow to him!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/0/4 Deadpool at lvl 111 wiped 4 times, so I leveled him to 147 and nailed it on the next try easy. The strange thing is that I don't think the extra health mattered that much as Wolvy didn't really get to hit me too hard, it just seemed like the game gave me a really good board and kept triggering my purples as a "reward" for levelling him! Weird.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/0/5 level 147 Deadpool. First try, no boosts. As others have mentioned, double-cast Countdown for What with a bunch of Green tiles out and then just made Green matches until he went down (which was pretty quickly). 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I remember being endlessly frustrated by this one last time around, because my Deadpool was 0/5/2 or something equally useless.

Fortunately, I champed him at the end of last season, and he slashed Wolvie to pieces this time around. I had a lucky board, that was full of red and purple, so downed him almost before he'd made a dent.

Very satisfying.

LT got me yet another blue dupe for Bobby. That was less satisfying.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Just completed with my 1/1/3 lvl 115 Deadpool. (I sold a slightly better version, and started over not long ago)

I lost count of how many times I attempted and would just get deleted as soon as XFW got the AP to swipe the board.

I got lucky with a great opening board and was way too happy when I won.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Completed it after a few attempts with my 5/1/2 level 152 Deadpool using a few boosts.

The legendary token gave me a purple Daredevil cover, so I'm pretty happy with that result.
  • iron-n-wine
    DarthDeVo said:

The last time this Crash ran, I think my DP was something like 1/3/2 or 1/4/2. I may not have even had a red cover. Point being, the power where I had the most covers was completely useless for the Crash. It took dozens of tries and tons of boosts, but I finally managed to win. 

Yes, you will need an extremely favorable board. Not gonna lie. If Logan's Recovery tile resolves, he gains back almost all his health, if I remember right. But if it's matched away, you get a good chunk of damage.  So yellow and black denial should definitely be a priority.

I lucked into a red XDP cover to make him 3/2/2 now, but that’s just made losing even more frustrating!
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    3/1/2 level 131. Was good to finally get over the hump on this crash, it took 5 tries with boosted APs. Ended up denying black, collecting red/purple and waiting for his recovery to resolve until I could blast away. It was still a difficult fight, and will not complain if I get another cover or two before this comes around again.

Blue Ant-Man to 4/4/4. Feels nice to have one four star that I won't have to worry about converting into a thousand iso at a time.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lv 229 5/3/3 Deadpool got it on the first try.  It pretty much went as you'd expect with a board that was blue heavy and didn't seem to favor either of us throughout.  Token gave a black Moon Knight.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got it second try with L273 DP.  Had bad board and only managed to fire 1 purple and 0 red, none of the purple countdowns were matchable.  I wasn't AP blocking like I should have.

Won easily on second try.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    TOOK FOREVER!!!  3/1/2 Level 131.  Loaded up every boost that I could think of and lost some sleep but I did it!  And got me a 5*DD with the token that I needed for this mission.  Wish getting a Rogue token was as easy....  but that's a topic for another thread.
  • iron-n-wine
    DarthDeVo said:

I lucked into a red XDP cover to make him 3/2/2 now, but that’s just made losing even more frustrating!
    After several more attempts all it took was one nice cascade to get the win, so total luck and no skill for the win

LT was a champ level for starlord