Divine Champions Mar 07 - Mar 09

Comments

• On another note. I'm still in 1st with 904.
    #2 & 3 are both shield at 856 / 855
    I have #3 Q'd up for if he unshielded.
    My shield lasts til the tourney ends.
    Debating whether to increase my lead or wait for them to try to attack 1st.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    White434 wrote:
    Depends on what the rest of your roster is like. If you have plenty of 2*'s to go with then trying to collect some 3*'s isn't bad.
    Otherwise finishing off a character I would say is probably best. And green is one of the better colours for c storm.

My heart says IM but my head probably says Storm (and I could use the green too). She and Wolverine are my only two close to max leveled ones, Black Widow and Thor slowly getting there but not regularly useable and then another couple behind them.
  • I'm one red one blue and 3 yellow away from maxing IM40 and have already maxed c.storm (cover wise). Ranked 7. Shielded. Hoping for the best! Good luck everybody!

icon_e_smile.gif
  • Put up a shield in second. Other people in the top 5 also put up shields recently so it should be a pretty safe top 5. I'll finally max out my IM40 at 5/3/5 after this. I don't even think I'll be able to focus on leveling him up for a while, but at least I won't be cover limited when I do eventually get around to doing so. Plus this means I won't have to try so hard when he is inevitably a prize again in the future.

My im40 was the 1st 3* I ever got. My patch is lvl 95 and once lvl 100 will be my 8th lvl 100+ 3*.
    This tourney will finally let me finish my IM40 covers as a 5/4/4 and oddly enough since he and Loki will be the only max cover characters left in line, he's next up.
    I actually have a lot of 3* characters now from the random events but they're all at various stages of cover completion. IM40 will be the first to have 13/13. Then the other ones that will be close are hulk at 5/1/3 and Punisher at 4/3/3. I think my plan is to finish leveling up OBW and Ares before moving on to focusing iso on the 3* characters. I actually also have Captain America at 67 now because I throw a few levels at him every time he's buffed in an event.

On another note, I dropped to 3rd briefly before the guy lost about 30-40 points which brings me back to 2nd again lol. 1st is a bit over 100 points away which is nowhere near worth the effort and risk of grinding.
  • This tournament ends at 1 AM EST?

Definitely not going to care about final placement. Oh well, don't need 100 HP that badly.
  • Edged back down to third. It looks like the guy right below me won on the defense since I doubt he broke shield, made one attack, and then reshielded just to move up a rank.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    jozier wrote:
    This tournament ends at 1 AM EST?

Definitely not going to care about final placement. Oh well, don't need 100 HP that badly.

Great, daylight savings time strikes again. I did not realize that until just now. I was hoping to get a IM40 yellow cover to respec him, but really not keen on staying up that late.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damn it, dannyshan just attacked my 141 Hulk / 85 Thor / 141 C. Mags team... guess I'm not getting that red x-force after all.
  • The prevalence of Storm makes this tournament rather exhausting since you got to be careful around either version of her or you'll take some crazy cascade and die horribly, and Thor/Ares aren't exactly pushovers either. Was going for a push for top 5 but gave up halfway and decided to conserve my HP and just do a 3 hour shield.
  • Of course, late, the bracket finally starts heating up.

Made my push and then won a sweet 26 point defense while shielded to break 800. 85 points in front of second and the leaderboard seems to be locked down at this point, so crossing my fingers that I won't have to break shield for the next hour or so.
  • went for top 25 with 500 points to get at least 150hp.
  • YAY GOT MY 3 IRON MAN COVERS FOR THE TOP 5 icon_e_smile.gif UNLESS SOMETHING GOES HORRIBLY WRONG IN 5 MINUTES
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's still an hour left, dude.
  • YAY GOT MY 3 IRON MAN COVERS FOR THE TOP 5 icon_e_smile.gif UNLESS SOMETHING GOES HORRIBLY WRONG IN 5 MINUTES

Tournament ends in an hour dude.

You mean an hour and five minutes. There's a lot of time left.
  • jozier wrote:
    YAY GOT MY 3 IRON MAN COVERS FOR THE TOP 5 icon_e_smile.gif UNLESS SOMETHING GOES HORRIBLY WRONG IN 5 MINUTES

Tournament ends in an hour dude.

MOTHERFU.......... DID NOT SEE THAT
  • ClydeFrog76
    Can you see that your caps lock is stuck?
  • Can you see that your caps lock is stuck?

CAN YOU SEE THAT YOUR AN idiot AND NOBODY CARES ?
  • ClydeFrog76
    Most people find all caps posts annoying, actually.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Can you see that your caps lock is stuck?

CAN YOU SEE THAT YOUR AN idiot AND NOBODY CARES ?

After this, I was almost tempted to knock you out of the top 5.

If only you were in 5th instead of third...