PvE points system

dupa31
dupa31 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
So I am currently playing hearts of darkness unholy alliance, and my current score is 15564, which is not far from completing all of the nodes. My question is, how can the top rank player have around 23000 point? Feel like it is a waste of time trying to play for placement, when there is not enough point within  all the nodes to do that. Or am I missing on something? 

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you have the 5* Doc Ock? That Node is worth a lot of Points.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're not clearing with optimal timing, and not doing all possible clears. Even tho you get all the rewards at the green check, there are still a lot of Points available in them, especially with good timing. For a 2-day Sub, you want to do 4 clears (1 on the Join Forces Node, 2 on Wave Nodes) right at the start, so the timers start as soon as possible. One more clear of everything ~24 hrs later when they get back up to full points. Then three more as close to the end as you can manage.

My own score was like 23200-some, and I only made t50.
  • dupa31
    edited October 2017
    So basically, do not bother play for placement, it  sounds like that would be a waste of time, and also I have something that is called life. Also I will add  this  is kind of not fair on other players, I think, but not like devs will change it. As far as I remember devs ment to get rid of that, but I guess earning money is more important than having to play fair game for everyone. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    dupa31 said:
    So basically, do not bother play for placement, it  sounds like that would be a waste of time, and also I have something that is called life. Also I will add  this  is kind of not fair on other players, I think, but not like devs will change it. As far as I remember devs ment to get rid of that, but I guess earning money is more important than having to play fair game for everyone. 
    It's fair to everyone.
    Nothing is stopping you from doing 7 clears on all nodes with optimal timing.
  • dupa31
    Yes nothing does, and I try to do it at all times. But why would I want to play more than 77 games? This is my point. I can't be bothered to play the game all day every day, so I can have good placement rewards. It would be nice to be in the first 5, but I'm not clearing 150 same nodes, I would have to play all day every day to be any where close to get 1st placement rewards 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clearing optimally at a SCL your roster is capable of should take roughly 2 hours or less per sub, an hour for the first four clears and an hour for the final 3 clears (assuming 7 clears per node for top placement). This is good for top 10 to top 20 finishes and hardly comes close to 'all day every day'.

It does require you to select a time slice that works for your availability so you can time your clears around the beginning/end of the slice time. That is the only real drawback to this method.

My advice? Play optimally when the top placement reward is a cover you really, really, want. Otherwise, just play for progression. Playing optimally for every event will burn you out.
  • Qazzy
    Qazzy Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Not only 2 hours, you have to spend 2 hours to play the end of a sub event, then spend another 2 hours for next sub event's beginning, so you have to stick on this game about 4 hours per day and you have to put this game at the first place of life in those hours, I think it's just a bullying to the players who can not playing the game in several days, and that makes the game more like a work, I even can't watch the story if I want a good placement...
    I think current PvE points system is bad, need a change ASAP. Timing and rushing is not suitable for a puzzle game, it's for action games. Increase the difficulty by skill required, not characters or even character's level required.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're spending 2 hours per clear (thus 4 hours per sub) you need to lower your SCL.

1 hour at the end + 1 hour at the beginning = 2 hours.
  • Qazzy
    Qazzy Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the suggestion, really, I don't take it that way before.
    But the way to complete events locking my certain period of time, that is my major problem. I think it's ok to play a total of 4hr in separate time, but using the points system to force me play the game first is really suck. Sometimes I can not sure that I'm playing the game, or I'm being played by the game.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Bowgentle said:
    dupa31 said:
    It's fair to everyone.
    Actually it's not... People who aren't available in any of the 5 pre-determined windows are out of luck while people who happen to have the free time then, win.  "Fair"
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:
    dupa31 said:
    It's fair to everyone.
    Actually it's not... People who aren't available in any of the 5 pre-determined windows are out of luck while people who happen to have the free time then, win.  "Fair"
    That's certainly more fair than it was before time slices, yes.
    Remember when every PVE ended at 6am CET? I sure do.

There will always be people who can shuffle their lives around a game.
    With selectable difficulty you should be able to find a level you can end grind/initial grind in a combined 45 minutes.
    If you can't find the time for that, yeah, you're not placing high.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    In all fairness, while it is not fair, it is equally unfair. Except when your schedule makes it unequally unfair. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:
    dupa31 said:
    It's fair to everyone.
    That's certainly more fair than it was before time slices, yes.
    Remember when every PVE ended at 6am CET? I sure do.

There will always be people who can shuffle their lives around a game.
    With selectable difficulty you should be able to find a level you can end grind/initial grind in a combined 45 minutes.
    If you can't find the time for that, yeah, you're not placing high.
    I don't remember that, only been playing for 1.5 years.

You're follow-up statements aren't wrong, but they don't prove that what we have no is fair, it's somewhat more fair, but it's not as you stated 'fair to everyone'