Crash of the Titans - featured character order

GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards

jojeda654 made an awesome "Compendium of Crash of the Titans" that was sticky on the old Forum, but sadly the format change has made it somewhat difficult to read.  I decided to repost the data I posted there (the order of the featured characters in the Crash nodes,) if someone wants to expand on this thread by adding opponents that would be cool.  Ideally, we can create a reference thread that a mode can make sticky in the new forums.

The order of the featured characters in "Crash of the Titans" is their title (the information in parenthesis.)  The official statement is that a character will enter the Crash sequence once they have been the featured 4* in two PVEs. For example, "The Punisher (Max)" had his "Crash" on 1/22/17. Theoretically the next character after him should have been "Blade (Modern,)" but neither he nor "Luke Cage (Power Man)" met that criteria at the time, so he was followed by "Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards.)" I have marked in bold all characters that have yet to have their second PVE, so at the time of this edit they will be skipped.

This is complete as of 4/13/17. The last character added was "Cloak & Dagger (Classic)" I generally go in every few weeks and edit this.

Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
Venom (Agent Venom)
X-23 (All-New Wolverine)
Iceman (All-New X-Men)
Jean Grey (All New X-Men)
Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)
Sam Wilson (Captain America)
Peggy Carter (Captain America)
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
Professor X (Charles Xavier)
Cloak & Dagger (Classic)
Cyclops (Classic)
The Thing (Classic)
Invisible Woman (Classic)
Carnage (Cletus Kasady)
Quake (Daisy Johnson)
Iron Fist (Danny Rand)
Drax (the Destroyer)
Nick Fury (Director Of SHIELD)
Venom (Eddie Brock)
Thor (Goddess of Thunder)
Gwenpool (Gwen Poole)
Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy)
Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
Iron Man (Hulkbuster)
Medusa (Inhuman Queen)
Riri Williams (Ironheart)
War Machine (James Rhodes)
Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)
Star Lord (Legendary Outlaw)
Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
Mordo (Master of the Mystic Arts)
The Punisher (MAX)
Blade (Modern)
Luke Cage (Power Man)
Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
Nova (Sam Alexander)
Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)
The Hulk (Totally Awesome)
Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force)
Elektra (Unkillable)
Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
Wolverine (X-Force)

Comments

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I think you need to be featured in PVE twice before you're applicable for the Crash cycle and I think they decide the setlist a little before the cycle actually ends so I'm pretty certain Lockjaw isn't making the cut and I have some doubts about Yondu and Mockingbird
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you need to be featured in PVE twice before you're applicable for the Crash cycle and I think they decide the setlist a little before the cycle actually ends so I'm pretty certain Lockjaw isn't making the cut and I have some doubts about Yondu and Mockingbird
    I think the "featured twice" rule only applies to when their individual Crash would be scheduled, not the entire cycle as a whole, although I could be wrong about that. So I'm not worried much about Lockjaw. Vulture, on the other hand, could be skipped if they don't feature him again soon. Same goes for Yondu and Mockingbird, although they have a little more breathing room. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    DarthDeVo said:
    I think the "featured twice" rule only applies to when their individual Crash would be scheduled, not the entire cycle as a whole, although I could be wrong about that. So I'm not worried much about Lockjaw. Vulture, on the other hand, could be skipped if they don't feature him again soon. Same goes for Yondu and Mockingbird, although they have a little more breathing room. 
    no I'm pretty sure that's for the whole crash cycle. like I remember that War Machine had been in the game since forever but he only got to see his crash for the first time this cycle
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo said:
    no I'm pretty sure that's for the whole crash cycle. like I remember that War Machine had been in the game since forever but he only got to see his crash for the first time this cycle
     Is it considered the start of the cycle with the first character after X-Force Wolverine, it when Hulkbuster rolls around? 

I believe I heard Rhodey was just a case of really bad timing. We've already gotten Crashes for C4rol, Riri and others. 

Does anyone know what the official requirements are for the Crash lineup and when characters get added? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

Does anyone know what the official requirements are for the Crash lineup and when characters get added? 
    I think someone official once said that the character needed to be a PvE placement reward twice before being eligble for the Crash. Rhodey was a bit of a mixup - he was a featured character without having been a placement reward in the previous PvE (I think it was Winter Soldier instead), so he had to wait longer than normal before he was included.
  • DarthDeVo
    Quebbster said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I think someone official once said that the character needed to be a PvE placement reward twice before being eligble for the Crash. Rhodey was a bit of a mixup - he was a featured character without having been a placement reward in the previous PvE (I think it was Winter Soldier instead), so he had to wait longer than normal before he was included.
    What about when the lineup is "set" for lack of a better word? Do they have to be featured twice before the rotation starts, or can they be added so long as they meet the twice-featured requirement?

And when does the rotation "start"? Is it in about a month when we go to the top of the alphabet with either Vulture or Coulson? Or is it with Hulkbuster, who I believe was the first-ever Crash? I think the color for the Heroes for Hire doesn't rotate until Hulkbuster, so maybe that's when the rotation "starts".
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    What about when the lineup is "set" for lack of a better word? Do they have to be featured twice before the rotation starts, or can they be added so long as they meet the twice-featured requirement?

And when does the rotation "start"? Is it in about a month when we go to the top of the alphabet with either Vulture or Coulson? Or is it with Hulkbuster, who I believe was the first-ever Crash? I think the color for the Heroes for Hire doesn't rotate until Hulkbuster, so maybe that's when the rotation "starts".
    Hard to say. The other factor is, someone has to remember to add them in, since all evidence indicates that it's a manual process.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo said:

Hard to say. The other factor is, someone has to remember to add them in, since all evidence indicates that it's a manual process.
    I could be remembering this wrong, but I think it was C4rol they rushed to feature twice so they could run her Crash earlier this year. Like, the second event ended the same week the Crash was or something like that. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I could be remembering this wrong, but I think it was C4rol they rushed to feature twice so they could run her Crash earlier this year. Like, the second event ended the same week the Crash was or something like that. 
    I know someone was, not sure if it was C4rol, but yeah it doesn't seem to need to be 2 features before the start of the rotation, just before they come up.

If all the X-Men characters get the 'Classic' tag, I could see many/all of them coming up relatively soon in crash when they come back around.  Based on the current charaters if Rogue is featured twice before it comes up she would be features on 1/3, 1/8, 1/13, or 1/18 (depending on if Vulture, Yondu, and Bobbie make the cut).
  • DarthDeVo
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I know someone was, not sure if it was C4rol, but yeah it doesn't seem to need to be 2 features before the start of the rotation, just before they come up.

If all the X-Men characters get the 'Classic' tag, I could see many/all of them coming up relatively soon in crash when they come back around.  Based on the current charaters if Rogue is featured twice before it comes up she would be features on 1/3, 1/8, 1/13, or 1/17 (depending on if Vulture, Yondu, and Bobbie make the cut).
    Well, this is the second time Bobbi is being featured, so she should be safe. I'm curious if they'll get around to featuring Vulture a second time though. I figure De4dpool is next, then I would imagine we get Dino during anniversary, but I could be wrong about that. After that, it's just Elektra, Kingpin and Wolverine. So from what I can tell, they've got 20-25 days to feature Vulture again, otherwise he'll get skipped. And Yondu has a little more breathing space, so hopefully he can make the cut. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is that second time after the release event (ei, third featured total) or the release event where they're featured, plus one more? Has C&D really only been required in 1 other story event between Apr and the ~12 days ago when the Behemoth Burrito cycle started again?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is that second time after the release event (ei, third featured total) or the release event where they're featured, plus one more?
    Release event plus one more.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    they can always slip in a 7 day or two over the next 20 days. I hope Vulture makes the cut but I think Lockjaw and Yondu might not make it. also Rogue being featured twice until then is hilariously optimistic although I would be only for crowbarring her in to the cycle at the expense of say... Lockjaw