** Storm (Classic) ** [PRE 2013-12]

Comments

• dmendro wrote:
    Looks like her stun can only be triggered every 3 turns too.

explain, you can't use her blue ability twice in a row if you had 22 ap?
  • Hm. It looks like I'm also not getting multiple Tempest triggers during an enemy cascade anymore.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    Hm. It looks like I'm also not getting multiple Tempest triggers during an enemy cascade anymore.
    I thought that was happening icon_e_sad.gif
    A nerf like this during a tournament sucks.
  • It's about damn time.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    Hm. It looks like I'm also not getting multiple Tempest triggers during an enemy cascade anymore.
    I'm still getting them on "Who is this Clown". It doesn't trigger until the cascade ends, assuming Storm herself is still alive.

EDIT: nevermind, I assume this is in R42, which hasn't appeared on my device yet?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
    JohnduBois wrote:
    Just tested in Imposter on my Live account, got multiple triggers during a cascade. We *did* make a server side change to the overkill amounts though as noted above, which wasn't part of R42 by itself. Perhaps that's why you didn't get the second trigger? Since it wasn't an R42 change per-se, it was going to go into patch notes of its own when I get a chance today to put them up.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    If an ally dies from an attack, her yellow no longer triggers. Essentially makes her worthless.

Wish the devs would include ALL the changes in the log.

PS: I approve of this nerf, but I wish it was included in the patch notes.

That's only because there is no longer overkill damage. You do however much health the target has left. If that is > the percent you need to trigger, it will still go off. Besides, ap generation off green and a high damage, multi target 4 turn stun is hardly worthless.

So does this affect anything else? or is no overkill pretty much just a nerf aimed directly at storm?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
    sms4002 wrote:
    So does this affect anything else? or is no overkill pretty much just a nerf aimed directly at storm?
    It's actually a fix to the opposite portion of Storm's ability: She would set it off if she and another character started as down and she was the first character in the group when a PVP match was started on a second/third try. This is because she would be "up" for a moment, see another person take MaxHP damage, set herself off, then fall over. The method of fixing it also had the above described effect as well.
  • at least we know that fixed that bug. hopefully.
  • IceIX wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    It's actually a fix to the opposite portion of Storm's ability: She would set it off if she and another character started as down and she was the first character in the group when a PVP match was started on a second/third try. This is because she would be "up" for a moment, see another person take MaxHP damage, set herself off, then fall over. The method of fixing it also had the above described effect as well.

Zombie Storm! As if she didn't already piss enough people off icon_lol.gif
  • forgrim wrote:
    dmendro wrote:
    Looks like her stun can only be triggered every 3 turns too.

explain, you can't use her blue ability twice in a row if you had 22 ap?
    I'm not sure about that. But if you trigger it, then make a match, you can't use it again right away if you have enough blue gems.
  • IceIX wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    Just tested in Imposter on my Live account, got multiple triggers during a cascade. We *did* make a server side change to the overkill amounts though as noted above, which wasn't part of R42 by itself. Perhaps that's why you didn't get the second trigger? Since it wasn't an R42 change per-se, it was going to go into patch notes of its own when I get a chance today to put them up.
    It seems to work now. I think I was premature in my assessment.
  • I personally prefer a 4/5/4

the green 4 and 5 is almost the same for me,
    the blue 5 because the extra stun turn is something that you can control.
    the yellow is situational and is better one stun turn than 1 red ap.
  • I've seen people in threads say that C Storm was nerfed, but I don't see a change in her powers and I don't see a thread describing a nerf to her.

Was it only the No Overflow damage when someone gets killed and the super high hit points in the lightning rounds?
  • Her Yellow power isn't activating as often as it was.
  • rabscutle wrote:
    Was it only the No Overflow damage

Yup. That's all I'm aware of anyway.
  • rabscutle wrote:
    I've seen people in threads say that C Storm was nerfed, but I don't see a change in her powers and I don't see a thread describing a nerf to her.

Was it only the No Overflow damage when someone gets killed and the super high hit points in the lightning rounds?

Yes, the no overflow damage means the last hit is less likely to activate her power. The HP buff also means that far fewer things are likely to activate C Storm against a buffed freebie character (pretty much requires a high end power or a 4/5 combo w/ crit).
  • I'm at 4/4/4 and am torn about where to put my 5th. It will be either green or blue. I tend to launch my green as soon as it is available unless I want to use Thor's green. Patience is not my virtue... May just go with whatever cover I get first icon_e_smile.gif.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    I'm at 4/4/4 and am torn about where to put my 5th. It will be either green or blue. I tend to launch my green as soon as it is available unless I want to use Thor's green. Patience is not my virtue... May just go with whatever cover I get first icon_e_smile.gif.

If you use green as soon as it's available then you are better off with blue. At 12AP green shatters 12 tiles at level 4 and 5, whereas blue will give you additional turn of stun.
  • Shikao wrote:
    If you use green as soon as it's available then you are better off with blue. At 12AP green shatters 12 tiles at level 4 and 5, whereas blue will give you additional turn of stun.

Yup - if I do green then I will have to be more patient for it to be worthwhile.
This discussion has been closed.