Rogue (not classic)?

Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
I apologize if this has been covered, but I didn't see anything definitive in the official release thread.

The (Classic) tag on Rogue makes me think that maybe she's got a second version coming down the line?  I know that every character needs something in parentheses, even if they're unique, but the label "Classic" is often used when there's something that isn't "classic" - eg, Storm iterations Modern and Mohawk, Thor and Magneto (NOW), etc.

I don't have the game in front of me so I can't quickly check whether there's any unique "classic" characters.  I'm guessing there are, but I hope I'm wrong.  Am I just wishing too hard for more Rogue, or does that tag mean there's a 2-3-5* version coming?

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are quite a few. They use the (Classic) tag to denote the character's "Classic" look, presumably, the one most people think of when they think of, in this case, Rogue.

It's not (necessarily) the same as their first look, or their current look.

Since you asked, Cloak & Dagger, Invisible Woman, Thing, Beast, Colossus, Doctor Doom, Psylocke, The Hood, Juggernaut, and now Rogue are all "unique" characters with the (Classic) tag.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Modern rogue (in the comics) no longer has Carol Danver's powers, but has much better control over her own.  I doubt we'll get another Rogue soon, but I sure am glad we finally have one. :-)