Broken ranking system in PVP

Options
Last night (UK time) I was placed 1st in BP PVP event with 869 and shielded from around 12:30pm GMT. That gave me 4.5 hrs until the event finished and I satyed in first right up until the end. In the very last minute another guy (Mealich) caught up to my score of 869 and shielded up.
For some reason the system decided to give him first place and me second.
I strongly believe that having held 1st place and not having my point score exceeded by another player, we should have both received 1st place rewards or alternatively, he should have needed to exceed my score in order to take first place away from me.
I did raise a ticket about this requesting a compensatory IW cover but I think as a whole this issue needs to be investigated as although it may be a rare occurence, it will cause a lot of upset if it continues to happen.
Dont like to whine but feel like I was robbed of a cover i deserved.

Comments

• Tried to update this last night but was returning a SQL error at me so had to wait until today.
    Support got back to me within 24hrs of raising the ticket to provide me a cover for IW after checking that I was making this up at their end.
    Very speedy and one happy customer.
    I did respond to ask if they will be able to resolve the underlying issue but have not heard back and dont necessarily expect to on this one unless more people raise concerns about it.
    Anyway, well done for speedy response guys, very much appreciated.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That is good to know I was curious about this scenario and happy you got compensated so quickly.
  • That is good to know I was curious about this scenario and happy you got compensated so quickly.
    As I say I'm sure its very rare but good that they do deal with it so quickly
  • repronaz wrote:
    That is good to know I was curious about this scenario and happy you got compensated so quickly.
    Someone said on the forums the other day that the system works just like that. If You're at let's say 100pts and #1 is at 120pts, You don't need to get 21pts to be the 1st, only 20. In other words, the person who will get the certain amount of points last, will be at the top of the people who have same amount of pts.

Good that they gave You this cover beside this.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    repronaz wrote:
    Someone said on the forums the other day that the system works just like that. If You're at let's say 100pts and #1 is at 120pts, You don't need to get 21pts to be the 1st, only 20. In other words, the person who will get the certain amount of points last, will be at the top of the people who have same amount of pts.

Good that they gave You this cover beside this.
    Yeah its good info for forum members to know so that if it happens to anyone else they know that raising a ticket should get them the cover they missed and if it doesn't they can reference my situation to get the devs to provide it. Not to diddle the system but to get a deserved reward if you are joint first on points