S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and 'Rogue and Friends' Vault (9/27/17)

Comments

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    This makes perfect sense to me from a business perspective. Rogue is easily in the top 3 of most requested characters in this game. Which means a lot of people want her, and more people than usual are probably willing to pay for her. No harm in incentivising people to buy her. This will make a lot of money is my guess.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I played through what I could.  I'm glad for the extra ISO, XP, free Rogue cover, and 1 CP.  I'll hopefully be able to hit one or two more of the Rogue nodes, but I appreciate the new content and extra resources.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    This makes sense as an event for all characters to be honest. You want a reason for people to level up certain characters things like this should have BEEN in place. 

Complaining because you don't have the required character at a required level seems really silly. It's like complaining that you can't zone into a certain area of the game and get rewards because your lvl 1 while everyone else is level 100.

Over all this is a great addition and it should be done for all new characters and 5 stars.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I’m at Day 170 and don’t have a Prof X cover so I’m out of the event after a couple of fights?  
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    bluewolf said:
    The final node is for WHALES!!!!  People who spend $1000's of dollars on this game every month.   EVERY MONTH!!!!  

If you are not one of those people, please stop complaining about this node, and enjoy playing this game for free.
    To be fair, many don't play this game for free and are essentially paying a monthly service fee for it.

So yeah, things like this might rile up some when what they are playing for amounts to having netflix or hulu and getting a whole lot less for it in return.

It's also a punk move by them to put the 10k iso out of reach for everyone but whales, whom don't really need it. I mean, look, the cp and LT is one thing, but it's a pretty tinykitty petty move to dangle 10k iso like that. 

And for near everyone besides whakes, 10k iso is a big enough deal to at least be annoyed by.

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Got to the end node of the first row, saw I had to use my 5/2/2 Cyclops, so I figured I'd level him up to 188 to give myself a fighting chance. Prof X and Wolverine-X are already champ'd so I completely missed the level requirement, until I got to the last node in the third row and saw I needed a 209+ Cyclops.

Okay. So, I'll just do the first node of that bottom row, and...I can't...because I need Rogue.

Gears start turning, I go back to the third row, tap that last node, aaaaand of course Rogue is the reward for that node.

Well played, D3! Well played!
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir said:
    Good one. I need to spend 200k ISO to receive 5k ISO reward and Rogue cover.
    Technically these 200k ARE NOT lost... they are being invested.
    Question is, how good this investment is - these 4*s have no 3x bonus, they are weaker than average (i think).

IF this shield training was regular feature, which means appearing at least twice per month, this investment would be useful for future repeats of this event.

Otherwise it is one-time waste, unless you already have these characters maxed or you plan to use them.
  • ComatoseJackal
    ComatoseJackal Posts: 50 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Can't complain too much. Easy way to grab 1st cov. Unfair part is only not being able to grab prog. 10k. Needless to say though this is a nice intro for a new toon I think in my humble opinion. I still playing and still having fun.

Much love,
                                 Me :smile:
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Alsmir said:it.
    Because it's insulting to the player base?
    Sure we can ignore a spit in the face, because it's followed by a free coin. Though, what was the  name for people who do that?
    Really? What percentage of the player base considers this an insult and a spit in the face? Feel free to round to one decimal place. I think what you mean is that YOU and some unknown percentage (which I suspect is a tiny minority) of the player base is so angered by this as to consider it a spit in the face. While I'd rather be able to get all the rewards for the event (duh!), I don't consider this anything close to either an insult or a spit in my face. If you feel that way, that's fine, but don't attribute your feelings and opinions to me or the player base or present them as ascertained fact. And for the 8 millionth time, you can't go by the percentage of users who complain on this forum as an indicator of the feelings of the player base as a whole.
  • Zobaken
    Zobaken Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    astrp3 said:

I think what you mean is that YOU and some unknown percentage (which I suspect is a tiny minority) of the player base is so angered by this as to consider it a spit in the face. I don't consider this anything close to either an insult or a spit in my face. If you feel that way, that's fine, but don't attribute your feelings and opinions to me or the player base or present them as ascertained fact. And for the 8 millionth time, you can't go by the percentage of users who complain on this forum as an indicator of the feelings of the player base as a whole.
    Well you're doing the same thing as him, just the other way around: saying that most people are like you and fine with such dev decisions. Hypocrisy much, eh? :|
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Everybody in here arguing and I'm just waiting to poop so I can go see what the fuss is all about.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    So, it's either level up Rogue (assuming I get enough covers, which looks unlikely) and let my 2 C&D covers wither on the vine, or champ C&D.

I won't have enough iso for both. Spending obscene amounts of money for something that has no value outside of an online game is not an option. Looks like I'll be bringing a champed C&D into the game!
    I'd go with Cloak & Dagger, too.

I wasn't terribly impressed with the loaner Rogue, or maybe she just doesn't have good synergy with Cyclops and Prof X, but my partially covered C&D just tore through the mobs in her required node a few events back.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my one cover (yellow), got 2k progression (5k iso), getting 5200 points for max progression is impossible so I'll take what I got and be happy. 
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Zobaken said:
    astrp3 said:

I think what you mean is that YOU and some unknown percentage (which I suspect is a tiny minority) of the player base is so angered by this as to consider it a spit in the face. I don't consider this anything close to either an insult or a spit in my face. If you feel that way, that's fine, but don't attribute your feelings and opinions to me or the player base or present them as ascertained fact. And for the 8 millionth time, you can't go by the percentage of users who complain on this forum as an indicator of the feelings of the player base as a whole.
    Well you're doing the same thing as him, just the other way around: saying that most people are like you and fine with such dev decisions. Hypocrisy much, eh? :|
    No, I was saying that I SUSPECT most  people are not this angered by the change. I didn't say that most people are "like me" and certainly didn't say that most of them were "fine with" such decisions. I don''t know if I'd even say that I am "fine" with it (I'm probably not going to be able to get that Rogue cover). My guess would be that a lot for people will be annoyed by this, just not to the point of considering it a slap in the face . I'd also guess that a lot of casual players (which I'd guess constitute a substantial percentage of the player base) don't care one way or the other.  Sure it's a guess, but I find it hard to believe that most players would consider being given free rewards they didn't get before while taking away absolutely nothing that you WERE getting before, but being unable to earn 4 CP, 1 LT, a Rogue cover, and 10-15k ISO a slap in the face.

And I  don't think that more than a minority of the players consider the game a slap in the face overall. To cite but one statistic, 84% of reviewers on Google Play gave the game a 4 or 5 and 91% gave it a 3,4, or 5 (and no, that's not the same as citing the percentage of forum complainers as an indicator of general attitude). Sure, it could be that those who didn't like the game didn't play long enough to rate it, but then they wouldn't be part of the player base. And people who like the game may be more likely to rate it than those who are neutral, but those who dislike the game are probably more likely to do so as well (possibly even more likely than those who like the game). Obviously these ratings don't include this week's changes, but for the 10 months I've been playing this game, pretty much every major change (except maybe for the DDQ changes) has been met with howls of protest and claims of slaps in the face. And as far as I can tell, that's been the case since at least the whole "you're supposed to lose" thing, which I'm thankful I wasn't around for (honestly, I think that for some people on here, when they finally shuffle off this mortal coil, the last thing they gasp as they lay on their death bed will be "(croak) you're supposed to lose"). So I'd think that if the majority of the player base shared such opinions, those ratings would be much lower.

I admit, however, that I probably read too much into Alsmir's comment, and was being a bit woodenly literal since he likely knew he wasn't speaking for the majority of the player base (I was actually in the process of editing my post to tone down the rhetoric when I read this), and for that I apologize, but the negativity and hyperbole (or at least what I perceive as such) just gets to me sometimes. 

• LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    So I can't get the Rogue cover because my Cyclops is only 5/2/2?  Great.  Thanks.  Hey, did I ever tell you about the two red Cyclops covers I had to burn back when he was still 5/0/0?  Good times.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    LHammer said:
    So I can't get the Rogue cover because my Cyclops is only 5/2/2?  Great.  Thanks.  Hey, did I ever tell you about the two red Cyclops covers I had to burn back when he was still 5/0/0?  Good times.
    My three Prof X with 8/12/2 total say hello :D
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    If i try to complet this i cant and its really annoying for me
  • Farmerbink
    Farmerbink Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    What a massive letdown. I was ridiculously stoked to see Rogue coming out, and have been anxious to jump on the shield training event to test her out.  But it's taking all of my time and 8 months of VIP status to get even close, and there's no way I'm even gonna get Cyclops and Prof X high enough to get a Rogue token in the first place. 

Spectacularly disappointing. 
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    LHammer said:
    Yeah know the felling i am on same boat