S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and 'Rogue and Friends' Vault (9/27/17)

Comments

• donpidgeon
    donpidgeon Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    4th node requires 3 different 4* characters. Guess this event is not for those of us who are just working on our 3* set... I had one of those characters. :neutral:

I understand that this event is for high level characters / long time players, but it would be nice if the gate was after fighting lvl 65 characters.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Yes, you need to have the characters at 209 to play the node that rewards a Rogue cover.  Only you can decide whether that's worth it, but guaranteed covers are very valuable to many players.

Cyke is awesome and deserves iso.  Prof X less so, but a worthy support character.  So at least there's that.  If you need to use iso elsewhere, you'll get Rogue later.  If double iso is a thing next week, then this decision becomes a little easier.
    Thanks for this information. The major investment would be in Prof X rather than Cyclops, so it helps with deciding what to do and whether to go all in for the Rogue cover. I think if it were definitely her green it might be easier to decide. This event runs for a while so I can wait and see what more is announced for Anniversary before making any decisions.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Zobaken said:
    D4Ni13 said:

Yes, it sucks to be on the other side of the rewards, but lets not make any drama for nothing. What you're basically missing is 1 Rogue cover, 4 CP and a LT (from which most of the guys complaining would not spend their money to get that LT anyway and maybe the last 1-2 CP there).  So what you're really losing is 1 Rogue cover and 1-2 CP. Again, is this such a big deal
    Yes, it actually is. It shows how devs treat the players. Previous special events have no level requirement, so what've changed now? Nothing, except they want more money.
    Lol, what previous special events ? most of the new releases had the usual, PvE release, some kind of vault, a PvE debut event & a PvP debut event. Rogue has all of this + this special event that we never had before. 

And it's a normal thing in a F2P game with microtransactions (which MPQ is from the beginning of its development) to charge money if you want things faster. Blizzard is doing the same thing in WoW or Heroes of the Storm, and many game companies with their online games. There is nothing new here. 

They just released (and planning to) the most requested characters, and people complain that they cannot have 1 cover from day 1. Really? Next thing will be to complain that Gambit is a 5* and people will need 1 year to cover & play him. Nightcrawler ? probably some complaining about his design or IDK. I trust that somebody will have an issue somewhere. 

NMANOZ
    said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Alsmir said:
    Good one. I need to spend 200k ISO to receive 5k ISO reward and Rogue cover.
    You don't need to, but you can if you want to. Some people (not me), have them champed already, so they can earn a Rogue cover and 5k ISO. 

@everybody is this such a big deal ? everybody is going to get a free Rogue cover in Web Wonder event anyway, and I'm sure by this time next month, most of us will have earn some covers in one way or another. 

Yes, it sucks to be on the other side of the rewards, but lets not make any drama for nothing. What you're basically missing is 1 Rogue cover, 4 CP and a LT (from which most of the guys complaining would not spend their money to get that LT anyway and maybe the last 1-2 CP there).  So what you're really losing is 1 Rogue cover and 1-2 CP. Again, is this such a big deal
    You are forgetting the 10k Iso which is more useful, for me anyway.
    You can make 10K iso from DDQ in one day. Or by simply playing one sub (not even having to make 4 clears). 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adding up the xp you can earn you need to clear individual training 4 to get max progression
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    This definitely plays favorites to those who've been in the game a long time, not a fan of that aspect of it.  I was so excited about getting Rogue and playing this event until I got to the reality that I don't have WXF on my roster so I am done after 4 missions.
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Cant complet this event my heroes that i need to have 210+ lv and its really annoying cant complet it
  • Jesus Jones
    Now I am starting to understand why there is this constant banter on the forum about the fun being syphoned out of the game...
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    D4Ni13 said:
    Alsmir said:
    Good one. I need to spend 200k ISO to receive 5k ISO reward and Rogue cover.
    You don't need to, but you can if you want to. Some people (not me), have them champed already, so they can earn a Rogue cover and 5k ISO. 

@everybody is this such a big deal ? everybody is going to get a free Rogue cover in Web Wonder event anyway, and I'm sure by this time next month, most of us will have earned some covers in one way or another. 

Loss of rewards is not a big deal. Why we can't earn them is. Greed, neglecticng of player base and it's not just one-time-only problem. Time after time some things get better, some get worse, major issues ignored.

Im not gonna cheer every time Demi throws few little rewards at me. At least not now. Why?
    - hotfixes are still way too slow, and some bugs persist for ages
    - ISO shortage gets worse and worse. Not even a small fix or announcement. When was the last double ISO event? For how long were the prices in the shop completely absurd?
    - 5* tier is still completely rng based
    - placement system and rewards badly needs a rework. Recently added 5* essentials (and CL based level scaling) made things worse.
    - rewards in all CLs need a re-work
    - badly needed CL10 and Shield ranks past 125
    - maybe 50%+ of characters need to be re-balanced, while we get 2 done per season
    - new player experience is absymal and is constantly getting worse with more characters released

So much bloody work is needed to get this game into "good" state, but instead we get one event with nodes hidden behind paywall and our complains are making a drama? Oh, give me a break.

Interesting to see the forums true colours really come to light with this event.

I found that I just used XFW, PX, and Cyke after the first required node, since it was easier to just leave them in. Otherwise, pretty happy with everything.

I got some tokens, which turned into 2*. I got a Rogue cover, which turned out to be green for me. And, unless I can't do addition, it looks like you don't need 13 covers to hit max progression. I think I'll be lucky to get any more than 4, but that's ok.

I hope we see this sort of thing implemented for every new release going forward. Bravo, Demiurge.

Right. Encourage them to put more missions behind paywall.
  • Noobeeus
    Noobeeus Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    No 4* cyclops or x-force wolverine means I can't get past the first row....is there a point to this event?
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    this is stupid. I just got to the node that gives the free Rogue cover and I can't do it because my professor X is missing one cover. this fantastic game design, you worthless hackfrauds. this isn't even an effective way to exploit players because there's no way to reliably Pay2Win a cover out of nowhere
  • Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    This event is a slap in the face to players. You should be ashamed of yourself
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well that was quick.  Finished the event as far as I intend to in < 20 minutes.
    I got the Rogue cover (got a yellow that's pretty useless solo lol) and beat the first Rogue required node.
    Next one requires leveling her to L78, which I could do but meh...  The L251 makes the 10K & LT impossible.  Not doing the other 3 Rouge nodes below that I'm missing 1 CP each.  It's not worth derailing my efforts to save 4* covers on the vine for a pittance of CP.

Not a terrible event but really needs a lot of tweaking to be worth a darn...  Make this have double to triple the number of nodes and make it be season long and it would be much better IMO.  
  • Jesus Jones
    edited September 2017

I would love to see the stat on what percentage of the registered players for this game have the required characters.

I think the better option would be to have at least some variant of the required character as the case in other events.  This would eliminate ProfX but he could be replaced with Storm.

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I guess people had too much fun with the Guardians events. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler

I would love to see the stat on what percentage of the registered players for this game have the required characters.

I think the better option would be to have at least some variant of the required character as the case in other events.  This would eliminate ProfX but he could be replaced with Storm.

they also probably strategically omitted Jean Grey and other Xmen related 4* and 5*s
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is so tinykitty out of touch.  I mean, new game mode = awesome!  Rogue cover at the end = brilliant!  Rogue level requirement = understandable.  Max covered and basically champed Rogue in one week = insane.

Can we just stop moving one step forward and two steps back please?  Each step forward (example CL9) should not come with two steps back (example 5* essentials requiring newest 5s).

And to revisit that level requirement...  It's not too late to change it.  4 covers is reasonable for the top mission.  13 covers is insane.  I've never once covered a new character in a week and I've been playing a very long time, though to be honest, with recent changes, I've been playing less and less.  (Took this season off PVP and haven't touched a lightning round in weeks.)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    The final node is for WHALES!!!!  People who spend $1000's of dollars on this game every month.   EVERY MONTH!!!!  

If you are not one of those people, please stop complaining about this node, and enjoy playing this game for free.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    I think the issue most people have with this event is that D3Go! is dangling a juicy carrot just out of reach for most players.

There's also no mention anywhere whether this is going to be a one off, or a recurring event.

If it's recurring, it's something to work towards. If it's a one off, it's a nigh unattainable event, even if you've got most 4*s champed like me.

It just so happens I've got too many covers on the vine to use Iso-8 on Rogue right now anyway. Trying for the 10,000 Iso-8 progression reward would cost more Iso-8 than that., so I'll be happy with the Yellow Rogue cover and the Iso-8 I received.