S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and 'Rogue and Friends' Vault (9/27/17)

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    I am just glad there's a way to get a free Rogue cover in this event. I will certainly not be able to play most of the required missions, since my Cyclops and Prof X are not that high, but if I can get the free Rogue cover I'll be happy. 

I think the problem is that most of us want to get everything in the event, because maybe that's how we are used to. But I agree that there should be some rewards for the players that invest in the game, because from a business perspective, they have to keep the spenders motivated. 

Just be happy of what you can take out of the event, and keep your calm for the future. It's not like you will not have Rogue at your disposal to get and champion after the current release :smile:
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know, the Rogue nodes are like a poorly implemented Crash of the Titans.

It takes months to rotate in a new character to the Crash cycle to give us a chance to have them usable when it rolls around.

But nah, let's up the requirement from one cover to all covers and a bunch of invested ISO, and run it during that character's release.

(here's a hint: tweak the rewards, adjust the rewards so you're happy with giving them out every 5-7 days, and run Shield Training regularly with the Crash cycle determining the required characters)
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    Rogue will be a progression reward in her upcoming PvP event, Close Contact, as well as her featured Story event, Webbed Wonder.
    That explains two rewards out of thirteen, where are the other eleven coming from?
    You can also earn her from Placement rewards in Hearts of Darkness and Hollowpoint Kiss, as well as earning another cover from the Call for Backup mission in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training.
    Seriously?
    3 covers for 10/1000 players each bracket for PVE
    3 covers for 1/1000 players each bracket for PVP

SO this new Training Simulator will be fully played ONLY by a restricted (very restricted) amount of your loyal players, 
    and by ALLl the cheaters (THERE IS PLENTY OUT THERE).   A very well  designed event. THANK YOU  >:)

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    All the people saying hey new event be happy, this isn't just about one pay wall this is a pattern. Pay 1000s we will develop the game around 1% and to tiny kitty with the rest of the surfs. It's not a simple pay wall it's a statement. Pay a lot or suffer. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    This looked great, until it was made clear only whales can finish it. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Sounds awesome... i hope this event will run along every PvE in the future :D (seriously)
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:

I'm fine with having content gated behind a paywall.

I'm not sure if I'm fine that you pick anniversary to do it.
    Which should be a celebration and not cause for anger.

At this point I'm almost convinced that D3/Demiurge has an allergy to goodwill.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    So, it's either level up Rogue (assuming I get enough covers, which looks unlikely) and let my 2 C&D covers wither on the vine, or champ C&D.
    I won't have enough iso for both. Spending obscene amounts of money for something that has no value outside of an online game is not an option. Looks like I'll be bringing a champed C&D into the game!

I'm happy to have Rogue in MPQ (and even happier that Nightcrawlsr's coming soon!) and happy that we'll have a new event. Good moves, D3! I'm sure I'll enjoy the parts I can play.

Requiring  a new character to be champed in a week to complete an event is a real cynical move on the part of the developers, however, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 
    Cloak and Dagger for sure. In their last event where they were the essential the Dark Avengers absolutely went off on them, especially Ares. But they were like "Yeah, about that...we'll be healed up completely after a few turns. Sad day for you." Then Ares started crying because he was useless against their true heal. It was awkward.
    It was even more fun when their passive black AP generation gave Iron Fist a chance to do lots of fisting to their stupid Dark Avengers faces.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    All the people saying hey new event be happy, this isn't just about one pay wall this is a pattern. Pay 1000s we will develop the game around 1% and to tiny kitty with the rest of the surfs. It's not a simple pay wall it's a statement. Pay a lot or suffer. 
    Suffer what ? I think you guys are over reacting. You can cover Rogue in the next months, even if you don't manage to take all the reward in this limited event. 

You can play PvE or PvP and have a decent progression without the new release. So what exactly do we suffer ? Having to wait more for the same content some guys get earlier by paying ? That's the definition of F2P games with micro-transactions. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards

So, is having a shot at the Rogue cover reliant on having the Call for Backup characters at level 209 to be able to win it? The second question then becomes is that 1 cover worth roughly 180k iso (which is what it will take me to bring Cyke and Prof X up to scratch).

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, you need to have the characters at 209 to play the node that rewards a Rogue cover.  Only you can decide whether that's worth it, but guaranteed covers are very valuable to many players.

Cyke is awesome and deserves iso.  Prof X less so, but a worthy support character.  So at least there's that.  If you need to use iso elsewhere, you'll get Rogue later.  If double iso is a thing next week, then this decision becomes a little easier.
  • Zobaken
    Zobaken Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017

Gee, guys, thanks for ruining my mood. You can't live without breaking the fun in every type of event now, do you?
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Good one. I need to spend 200k ISO to receive 5k ISO reward and Rogue cover.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Omg that level restriction is pathetic... greedy much?
    Not only they dont give us enough ISO to upgrade all characters that are comming, now they even try to force us to waste ISO into covers that most of us dont even have (my 3 prof. Xs with 12/6/2 just laughed) at all. PLUS, most of us want to max out 4*s that now have 3x chance so we wont be getting any duplicates.
    So now having covers is not enough... we also need to have them upgraded...
    I am failry disappointed but i am also surprised how naive i was after years of experience with this game :dizzy:
    Great concept (could work like PvE shield that will be 1 week long and then replaced by another), but poor implementation (hero restriction is enough and if you want level restriction too... make it at least a bit doable - most of us wont invest milions of ISO only for one event) ...  

• Zobaken
    mexus said:

One comfort is that you'll get Rogue covers from other sources before this event is over.
    What's bad is that you'll probably need 10 Rogue covers to clear the final 1-on-1 nodes, which will only be an option for like 2% of the entire player base.
    Yeah, I know I'll be able to get one cover for PVE and PVP (theoretically, I usually end up in t50, t30 tops). But I was so happy that they released my favorite X-Men in her best outfit, I wanted to get one from the special event as it was before with other new cards and then the devs just screwed me over with that **** level requirement simply made to milk more money from the players. Looks like there won't be enough money for these people even if they'll start to choke on them. :|
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I got the Rogue cover, now cannot do the remaining 4 unless I pick up some more covers for her.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    D4Ni13 said:
    Alsmir said:
    Good one. I need to spend 200k ISO to receive 5k ISO reward and Rogue cover.
    You don't need to, but you can if you want to. Some people (not me), have them champed already, so they can earn a Rogue cover and 5k ISO. 

@everybody is this such a big deal ? everybody is going to get a free Rogue cover in Web Wonder event anyway, and I'm sure by this time next month, most of us will have earn some covers in one way or another. 

Yes, it sucks to be on the other side of the rewards, but lets not make any drama for nothing. What you're basically missing is 1 Rogue cover, 4 CP and a LT (from which most of the guys complaining would not spend their money to get that LT anyway and maybe the last 1-2 CP there).  So what you're really losing is 1 Rogue cover and 1-2 CP. Again, is this such a big deal
    You are forgetting the 10k Iso which is more useful, for me anyway.
  • Zobaken
    edited September 2017
    D4Ni13 said:

Yes, it sucks to be on the other side of the rewards, but lets not make any drama for nothing. What you're basically missing is 1 Rogue cover, 4 CP and a LT (from which most of the guys complaining would not spend their money to get that LT anyway and maybe the last 1-2 CP there).  So what you're really losing is 1 Rogue cover and 1-2 CP. Again, is this such a big deal
    Yes, it actually is. It shows how devs treat the players. Previous special events have no level requirement, so what've changed now? Nothing, except they want more money.