S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and 'Rogue and Friends' Vault (9/27/17)

Comments

• ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    oldtimes said:
    oldtimes said:

Surprised that Rogue isn't an award in Hearts of Darkness to run along with this event.
    Uhhh... but she is...
    Touche. I was thinking progression. I probably should have typed what I was thinking. 
    Mockingbird will be the 4* essential for HoD (thus is the progression reward). Rogue should be the 4* essential (and thus the progression reward) in WW.

Or you can just see Brigby's reply above.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    Rogue will be a progression reward in her upcoming PvP event, Close Contact, as well as her featured Story event, Webbed Wonder.
    That explains two rewards out of thirteen, where are the other eleven coming from?
    You can also earn her from Placement rewards in Hearts of Darkness and Hollowpoint Kiss, as well as earning another cover from the Call for Backup mission in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training.
    That's four of the needed thirteen to attain max progression. Thank you for the clarification.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone is up in arms about the rogue essential nodes, but I'm here sideyeing the PX ones. It's a trap to try to get people to level chuck up past the point where his match damage will break the GSBW/SW winfinite combo!
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Spoit said:
    Everyone is up in arms about the rogue essential nodes, but I'm here sideyeing the PX ones. It's a trap to try to get people to level chuck up past the point where his match damage will break the GSBW/SW winfinite combo!
    I mean a fresh one sure, but really your 3* should easily be in the 200s by now and making one of them a bonus hero would keep them well above the level for prof x here.

now if they required a champ prof x that would be a different story. I am still waiting for my last 2 blue covers to be able to finish him for wininfinite, I mean I could use CP but eh...
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Spoit said:
    That's still a thing?
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Those who have been hoarding cp are at an advantage here. If you get the hypothetical 9 covers for perfect events, you merely spend 480 cp to fully cover. No need to whale.

And no, I'm not hoarding cp :anguished:
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    oldtimes said:
    oldtimes said:

Surprised that Rogue isn't an award in Hearts of Darkness to run along with this event.
    Uhhh... but she is...
    Touche. I was thinking progression. I probably should have typed what I was thinking. 
    Rogue will be a progression reward in her upcoming PvP event, Close Contact, as well as her featured Story event, Webbed Wonder.
    is the progression in this PVP be as win base system or the current system?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    Gotta love the mandatory pay gate...Gotta thank all those whales somehow.

Rest sounds good.

Oh, relax:

"There are no Placement rewards"

I am totally sure having Rogue rostered is not required to finish the progression. Right? Right?

Playing a P2WM game and feeling entitled to play all, have all, win all is pretty silly. I mean, they'll re-run this sometime and we'll have the character and feel great about having made that progress.*

(Looks forward to discovering that maxed Rogue is required to finished progression :/  )

*  This will be run again right? Looks like a great way to showcase characters (...and not just the new ones (*cough, cough*)) while rewarding roster development.
    Who's upset? 

Oh, I wrote something on a message board, that must mean I'm melting. :::rolleyes:::
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Does pushing prof X to level 209 make him tank blue for winfinite purposes?

Stoked about this btw
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:

1 Join Forces mission with Rogue (Classic), Cyclops (Classic), and Professor X (Charles Xavier)
    So Rogue shows an X-Men affiliation, but Cyclops and Professor X do not (nor do any others I browsed through). Any idea when those affiliations will be added?
    The X-Men affiliation will be added to all applicable characters in Friday's daily patch. I'll be compiling that information, and posting the list in the forum tomorrow.
    Awesome! @Brigby does this also mean we're getting an Uncanny X-Force affiliation?
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    evade420 said:

Stoked about this btw
    Depends what lvl your switch and grey suit are. Mine are both 240 plus and work well with prof 
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    So, it's either level up Rogue (assuming I get enough covers, which looks unlikely) and let my 2 C&D covers wither on the vine, or champ C&D.
    I won't have enough iso for both. Spending obscene amounts of money for something that has no value outside of an online game is not an option. Looks like I'll be bringing a champed C&D into the game!

I'm happy to have Rogue in MPQ (and even happier that Nightcrawlsr's coming soon!) and happy that we'll have a new event. Good moves, D3! I'm sure I'll enjoy the parts I can play.

Requiring  a new character to be champed in a week to complete an event is a real cynical move on the part of the developers, however, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    Gotta love the mandatory pay gate...Gotta thank all those whales somehow.

Rest sounds good.

Oh, relax:

"There are no Placement rewards"

I am totally sure having Rogue rostered is not required to finish the progression. Right? Right?

Playing a P2WM game and feeling entitled to play all, have all, win all is pretty silly. I mean, they'll re-run this sometime and we'll have the character and feel great about having made that progress.*

(Looks forward to discovering that maxed Rogue is required to finished progression :/  )

*  This will be run again right? Looks like a great way to showcase characters (...and not just the new ones (*cough, cough*)) while rewarding roster development.

Placement, no.  Top prizes, yes.  

Brigby said:

• 5 Individual Training missions
      • 1-on-1 missions requiring Rogue (Classic)
      • Later missions require Rogue to be a certain level or higher (78, 111, 169, 251 respectively)
      • Rewards include Command Points, and a Latest Legends Token

And not to bust chops (well, maybe a little bit) but you are ok with them possibly gating the best currency in the game to a select few individuals?  From another thread, i got the impression that you thought removing the cp from top progression in the win based system was a negative thing.  
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 said:
    evade420 said:

Stoked about this btw
    Depends what lvl your switch and grey suit are. Mine are both 240 plus and work well with prof 
    I guess I didn't actually bother checking. My SW is 240-ish, and her purple is 85 per tile, which might or might not be enough to cover a 271 champed PX. Definitely not enough once you start pouring in champ covers though.

My second PX, which I was building towards, before they removed old characters from legendaries (and has since gotten 2 covers since they added them back) is only at 3/2/2
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    astrp3 said:
    Spudgutter said

Oh, good.  They are still keeping with the one step forward, two steps back for most of their ideas.  I was getting worried for a second there...
    So you're saying that it would have been better if they didn't add this event at all and gave us nothing new and that this change is a net negative? (that's what "one step forward, two steps back" means) 

As usual, i couldn't disagree more.  More like five steps forward, one step back. I'd rather have some free ISO, CP, and covers, while being shut out of the ability to earn even more than to have no ISO, CP, or covers as long as everyone else gets none too, but maybe that's just me.
    well, one step forward, one step back doesn't have the nice ring to it.  Maybe I should have said two steps forward, one step back, that would have been more accurate.  

should they create new content?  sure.

should they try new things, like putting a 5* requirement into CL7?  absolutely.  

should they make a max covered, 250k iso investment into a new and highly anticipated and asked for character less then a week after a release in order to get an LT?  imo, no.  if they had just left it as maybe a 4-6 covered rogue got you some more iso or hp or heroic tokens, or even another rogue cover, then i would have been ok with that.  i usually give the devs the benefit of the doubt, but it does seem a little cash-grabby to me.  

disagree all you want, but this is an unprecedented move, and i would rather they know that i would not like them to set that precedent.  

edit:  HOD preview in game, CL9 rewards rogue to top 200.  another great move that should be applauded.  still doesn't take away from the fact that you still have less then 4 days from event end to finish getting 13 covers in a new character to get that LT.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Spoit said:
    chaos01 said:
    evade420 said:

Stoked about this btw
    I guess I didn't actually bother checking. My SW is 240-ish, and her purple is 85 per tile, which might or might not be enough to cover a 271 champed PX. Definitely not enough once you start pouring in champ covers though.

My second PX, which I was building towards, before they removed old characters from legendaries (and has since gotten 2 covers since they added them back) is only at 3/2/2
    A 274 prof x has a blue of 85. That’s my only frame of reference. Hope it helps. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I think everyone is overreacting. This all looks great. There are ample opportunities to get Rogue, more than most new release characters. The S.H.I.E.L.D. Training is entirely a bonus event that looks fun and has good rewards. If you are a whale that immediately covers characters (something the whales already do), you get a couple more bonus rewards as thanks for your support. The rest of us still get plenty, we are not gated out of anything — not having Rogue at 13 covers and the requisite level in time only means we miss out on a Latest Legends token, which has a value of 25 CP. Relax?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, it's either level up Rogue (assuming I get enough covers, which looks unlikely) and let my 2 C&D covers wither on the vine, or champ C&D.
    I won't have enough iso for both. Spending obscene amounts of money for something that has no value outside of an online game is not an option. Looks like I'll be bringing a champed C&D into the game!

I'm happy to have Rogue in MPQ (and even happier that Nightcrawlsr's coming soon!) and happy that we'll have a new event. Good moves, D3! I'm sure I'll enjoy the parts I can play.

Requiring  a new character to be champed in a week to complete an event is a real cynical move on the part of the developers, however, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 
    Cloak and Dagger for sure. In their last event where they were the essential the Dark Avengers absolutely went off on them, especially Ares. But they were like "Yeah, about that...we'll be healed up completely after a few turns. Sad day for you." Then Ares started crying because he was useless against their true heal. It was awkward.