***** Gambit (Classic) *****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited October 2017 in Character Details
At New York Comic Con, sorry for delay in getting stats!

All Max level and Power level 5

Ragin’ Cajun

• 11 Purple AP
  • Gambit (Modern) at level 166, power level 5
    • Gambit unleashes a torrent of kinetically charged playing cards, targeted at his opponents' weak spots. Create 4 2-turn Countdown tiles, replacing up to 4 enemy Special tiles, which each deal 5,292 damage.
  • Gambit (Classic) at level 450, at power level 5
    • Gambit unleashes a torrent of kinetically charged playing cards, targeted at his opponents' weak spots. Create 3 3-turn Countdown tiles, replacing up to 3 enemy Special tiles, which each deal 2,678 damage.

Aces & Eights

• 7 Red AP
    • Gambit charges up a killer hand of cards. Destroy up to 2 random Charged or basic tiles, dealing an extra 7,580 damage for each Charged tile destroyed this way. Then create 2 Charged tiles.
    • Gambit charges up a killer hand of cards. Destroy up to 2 random Charged or basic tiles, dealing an extra 520 damage for each Charged tile destroyed this way. Then create 2 Charged tiles.

Stacked Deck

• Passive Black Power
    • (PASSIVE) Gambit finds an advantage for himself at any cost. At the start of the turn, gain 3 Purple AP and 3 Red AP.

Gambit’s allies may not fire powers the same color as Gambit’s active powers.
    • (PASSIVE) Gambit finds an advantage for himself at any cost. At the start of the turn, gain 3 Purple AP and 3 Red AP.

Gambit’s allies may not fire powers the same color as Gambit’s active powers.
Will updated with more details for each level when I can!

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    OMG!!!!

Nightcrawler? Gambit? Teeeeeellllll mmmmmeeeeee!!!!
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    we will be soooooon
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooh, a 5* Dazzler.
  • xavierixeq
    xavierixeq Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    OMG!!!!

I would vote Gambit on that.  Charge their tiles to make them explode.. seems right though not sure about the gain ap factor though.. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I swear if this is who I think it is...
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Definitely Gambit, the special tiles are guaranteed to be charged, duhh lol, the colors fit so well, plus of the requested mutants I think he is the most requested which would be why hi is a 5 star, also new 4 star is rogue so.... guess we got another couple for the best friend tournament lol

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    OMG!!!!

I would vote Gambit on that.  Charge their tiles to make them explode.. seems right though not sure about the gain ap factor though.. 
    Gambit is a thief and also a charmer, I don't think it is too far of a stretch to factor that in to someway of obtaining AP.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    My money is on Gambit too. Purple is very similar to Star-Lord, from the perspective of changing enemy tiles into 'surprises'. Red is also a color I see on him, because he is a damage dealer, and could well be some charge tiles or something (maybe tied with his purple?). And stealing AP is definitely a thief's mark, and Gambit is not far from one. 

So If this guy is Gambit and the other 4* is Rogue, I can die happy. I was hoping to play them since I started this game (3 years ago). They are my favorite mutants of all time and one couple I want to see in MPQ. 

I CANNOT WAIT!!! 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still don't understand the level of engorgement people experience over Gambit. His character was always just "guy that's into Rogue" to me. So, I'm going with P5ylocke.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 said:
    I still don't understand the level of engorgement people experience over Gambit. His character was always just "guy that's into Rogue" to me. So, I'm going with P5ylocke.

Totally with you on the "not understanding Gambit love". I mean, fine, but, not me. Also, if this really is 5* Gambit and 4* Rogue, I think it would have been thematically appropriate to have switched there star count. easily should be 5* Rogue, 4*Gambit.
  • Orangila
    Orangila Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    My money is on 5* Yelena or 5* Moonstone.. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I'm guessing gambit

Thief
    Explosions
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orangila said:
    My money is on 5* Yelena or 5* Moonstone.. 
    5* Lazy Bagman.
  • icarusmonkey
    icarusmonkey Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    If this is Gambit ... thank you devs please take my money. 

Although I'd be gutted if he's the 5-star. Just not at that level yet to have a workable 5-star team.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Well snap, wish I would have held onto my 2,100 CP now. 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    At long last! The most charming debonair to ever come from the swamp, born straight from the bayou, the number one lady's man in comicdom, the one, the ONLY...

http://thefifthbranch.com/images/oldies/gsmt4.jpg

• JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    At long last! The most charming debonair to ever come from the swamp, born straight from the bayou, the number one lady's man in comicdom, the one, the ONLY...

http://thefifthbranch.com/images/oldies/gsmt4.jpg

How did I know you meant him...

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Now that the article's out revealing Gambit and Nightcrawler coming out next, please be Nightcrawler, please be Nightcrawler, please be Nightcrawler, please be Nightcrawler!
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

IIRC, there was a player poll around the time of the first anniversary in which Gambit was voted as the "most wanted" character. I guess it's taken 3 years but he's finally going to arrive.

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Now that the article's out revealing Gambit and Nightcrawler coming out next, please be Nightcrawler, please be Nightcrawler, please be Nightcrawler, please be Nightcrawler!
    As much as I would have liked Gambit to be a 4* for accessibility purposes, these descriptions does not make any sense for Nightcrawler (he mush have his teleport in some kind of way... and that would imply invisibility or something like that). I think this is Gambit. 

Also the order says that after Rogue we will have a 5*, and Gambit is the chosen one.