The Defenders - More heroes, more villains, less content.

Options
Sorin81
Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
For those of you that have already binge watched the show like I have, you know this is clearly not a case of quality vs quantity.

Finally, Marvel's The Defenders comes out on Netflix! The wait is over and I wasted no time. However a bit of disappointment was mixed into my excitement. It seems that the series is short a handful of episodes compared to previous Marvel series on Netflix. 
Sad but true.
Why is this? I've watched the series and as far as content and context go a few more episodes would have been welcomed. 
Was this a rush to release? Was this a budget issue? I don't know. Hopefully this will not be a new trend for these series. Time will tell. I believe The Punisher is up next.

Comments

• romanpatafian
    romanpatafian Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have really high hopes for punisher - this may be the really dark one.
  • Sorin81
    Options
    One thing is for sure. 
    It will be bloody.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It had a lot of other flaws as well and some were with intent: too much attention to the side-characters and too little on the actual Defenders; power inconsistency; the villains being relatively weak and non-threatening; the endless fights between superheroes- so overdone is all superhero movies and tv/Netflix shows- and a plot that didn't make much sense. I'm surprised it had such a good rating on IMDB. The last season of Agents of SHIELD was way above it and that show still has a low rating.
  • Sorin81
    Options
    IMO Agents of Shield hasn't had a weak season to date. The shows downward spiral stems from its darker storylines since season 1. It doesn't help of course that since then anything MCU related is only vaguely eluded to and the show hasn't had a real guest star from the movies in ages.