Shield Rank 125+

@Brigby Could you inquire when higher shield ranks will be released and available to us?  Quite a few of us veteran players have hit 125 and we are hoping to see some more ranks released soonish ;) 
Tagged:

Comments

• Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I would like to see an actual number for how many, and what percentage, of players have hit 125.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I'm about to hit 119 so I"m very interested in getting info on this. I've been hoarding tokens so as not to waste any potential XP they will generate so I'm hoping the level cap will be increased soon!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have seen no response myself.  Rank 115, starting to be a concern too.
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Although I would like it increased, honestly once you are at 125, the iso need kind of disappears.. I wish they would rotate the level awards to something like the champion cycle... 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Level 100 so far but now i am almost sure that after hitting level cap, i will stop with this game.
    No whinning or threatening, but the amount of ISO levelups give is crucial, especially if you want to promote and upgrade each 4* that will come.
    Without level rewards, you will be left behind with more and more heroes on basic level.
    Not mentioning the fact that level rewards is the only thing that makes promoting and selling maxed champs at least profitable.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    stewbacca said:
    Although I would like it increased, honestly once you are at 125, the iso need kind of disappears.. I wish they would rotate the level awards to something like the champion cycle... 
    Lol I'm at 125 and have about a 9 million iso debt to champ all cover maxed chars
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    stewbacca said:

nah.  I'd be almost caught up with about 3-4mil.  that's still a large debt.  certainly hasn't 'disappeared'
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby I don't understand why they can't just raise the level. Is there some sort of technical reason for this? Just curious.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Thanos said:
    Brigby I don't understand why they can't just raise the level. Is there some sort of technical reason for this? Just curious.
    Apologies, but since I'm not a designer nor developer, I'm unsure of what the potential technical challenges would be for addressing this issue.
  • bluewolf
    Thanos said:
    @Brigby I don't understand why they can't just raise the level. Is there some sort of technical reason for this? Just curious.
    Here's a question.  If you knew there were players 100 ranks above you, would you feel more or less motivated to keep building your roster to eventually compete?  The rank is not a true roster measure, I know, but it is a shorthand way to estimate how strong it is.  The higher the rank of high end players, the higher the mountain appears for newer players. So it could be an optics thing. 
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    bluewolf said:
    Thanos said:
    Here's a question.  If you knew there were players 100 ranks above you, would you feel more or less motivated to keep building your roster to eventually compete?  The rank is not a true roster measure, I know, but it is a shorthand way to estimate how strong it is.  The higher the rank of high end players, the higher the mountain appears for newer players. So it could be an optics thing. 

That's a valid concern, but you can functionally raise the level (giving folks continual XP gain with periodic rewards) without raising the level (the displayed level).  Just have the counter tick over while the big number stays pinned at 125.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf said:
    Thanos said:
    That's a valid concern, but you can functionally raise the level (giving folks continual XP gain with periodic rewards) without raising the level (the displayed level).  Just have the counter tick over while the big number says 125.
    100% agree, and I am hopeful that something like that happens.  It could be that the devs are trying to make sure they can implement this, or a similar system.  So it might be more complicated than "turn it up to 11" (Oops, 150).
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Thx for the response @Brigby and yes please update us when you have more information (preferably sooner than later lol). 
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    So still no update?
  • razor14
    razor14 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Another wasted chance to make something good in anniversary week...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:
    Brigby I don't understand why they can't just raise the level. Is there some sort of technical reason for this? Just curious.
    Apologies, but since I'm not a designer nor developer, I'm unsure of what the potential technical challenges would be for addressing this issue.
    I'm not a programmer, but I believe deleting 125 under the Max CL code and replacing it with 175 might work, then copy/pasting the rewards into the new 50 levels. :wink:
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:
    I'm not a programmer, but I believe deleting 125 under the Max CL code and replacing it with 175 might work, then copy/pasting the rewards into the new 50 levels. :wink:
    Are you seeking employment? That's probably exactly how they program/QA test and that's why we randomly get stores with 25% odds instead of 15% and such...

What a great segue into what I wanted to say!

I bet the person who calculated the Mes Amis 5* odds also got tasked with raising the level past 125, which was going to come out mid-anniversary, and they immediately put it on hold because they don't want you guys getting 10,000,000 ISO or something crazy  :p
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

Are you seeking employment? That's probably exactly how they program/QA test and that's why we randomly get stores with 25% odds instead of 15% and such...

Hah!  I couldn't code my way out of wet paper bag!