Yet another "which 4* to champ next"

Options
undrtaker
undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
Roster - https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/undrtaker/
Of the 4* that have 13 covers or close to it, who are the best choices to champ next?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fist, then Agent Venom.
  • undrtaker
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Fist, then Agent Venom.
    Thanks. Wasn't sure about them because what I read about went both ways, so thought maybe Mordo (who is at 12 right now) or Hulkbuster (who i have at 13). I remember Hulkbuster used to be considered one of the top 4*. he isn't any more?
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You have 13 4* champs, so you have enough at this point where I'm not sure you need to consider long-range planning. I let the covers determine who I champ for the most part, so whenever I have the ISO, a character with 13 covers and a cover in the queue, then I champ him. If the character is *really* good, I'll spend the 120 ISO to get to 13 if needed if there's a cover, but I wouldn't do that for any of the characters we're talking about here.

So, I would only be looking at the ones you have with 13 covers (IMHB, Fist, Captain Falcon, Fury). I would certainly champ IMHB or Fist if I had a cover in the queue, and would probably champ Sam. Fury is harder; he's completely useless when not boosted, but when he is, his blue and purple are entertaining to play. If I didn't have a cover, I'd hold off; maybe you'll get Mordo or one of the guardians there first. 

Hope that helps.

• undrtaker
    Options
    You have 13 4* champs, so you have enough at this point where I'm not sure you need to consider long-range planning. I let the covers determine who I champ for the most part, so whenever I have the ISO, a character with 13 covers and a cover in the queue, then I champ him. If the character is *really* good, I'll spend the 120 ISO to get to 13 if needed if there's a cover, but I wouldn't do that for any of the characters we're talking about here.

So, I would only be looking at the ones you have with 13 covers (IMHB, Fist, Captain Falcon, Fury). I would certainly champ IMHB or Fist if I had a cover in the queue, and would probably champ Sam. Fury is harder; he's completely useless when not boosted, but when he is, his blue and purple are entertaining to play. If I didn't have a cover, I'd hold off; maybe you'll get Mordo or one of the guardians there first. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks! I actually have a queued cover for both IMHB and Danny, expiring in 8 and 10 days. By then I should have iso for both
  • undrtaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Champed Danny, was about to champ IMHB, but got the elusive 13th cover for Mordo (and also hve 1 in the queue). Is Mordo a better investment than IMHB ?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mordo is better since he was revised, but I think HB is still better.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm with @spatenfloot. I have both champed, and I use them both even when unboosted only if they color match well with the boosted heroes of the week. However, when boosted IMHB is an absolute animal. At 377 (where mine currently is boosted), he has 38K HP and his red hits for 1300+ per. Mordo is also impressive damage-wise, but his Purple is still dependent upon the enemy having at least one color they don't use, and his HP aren't as impressive.

All in all, both worth champing, but if I had to choose, I'd champ IMHB first. Esp. since he's boosted now.

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hulkbuster.  He's still top tier especially now there's another 4* that feed red (Riri).