Couple of Questions...(actually 3)

Options
1- In the main Hulk event there is over 90000 players, is there a couple of these or is that everyone together? For example is MYHERO nbr 1 in everybody's?

2- What is wrong with Iron Man can someone tell me? i always see people complaining about him. I ask because after this latest tourny ends i should have 11 covers for him and don't wanna waste iso if he is ****.

3- My Punisher is 4-4-5 and i should reach the black cover reward before Hulk event ends. Is going 5-3-5 better?i kinda like his 5 green for strike tiles.

Thanks icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• 1- yes myhero is #1 for all. It's not bracketed.

2- both iron mans attack skills drain your own ap and his yellow gets worse as you level it.

3- punishers green rocks.
  • 1. There is only one main bracket for Hulk. It seems to be the only event I know of that's structured this way.

2. I assume you're asking about IM40. He doesn't really stand out and his abilities all take a ton of AP to use. Recharge often ends up with 2 out of 3 recharge tiles destroyed which means you stunned yourself for very little AP gain.

3. Unless you've some plan around attack tiles it's probably best to leave Punisher's black at 3 in the long run. Green and red are pretty much no brainer powers. Black isn't necessarily worse, but you got to a different plan to build around it for it to be worth using over red/green (like more emphasis on strike tiles, maybe because you have Psylocke or Patch as well).
  • 2- What is wrong with Iron Man can someone tell me? i always see people complaining about him. I ask because after this latest tourny ends i should have 11 covers for him and don't wanna waste iso if he is ****.

Thanks icon_e_wink.gif

I only feel qualified to answer 2). IM40 is OK, his main problem is he's slow. Costs too much AP to fire his Red / Blue abilities, meaning it takes a while to get him firing. His Yellow is good if paired with some one who uses the recharge colour(s) (Red at 1, Red / Blue at 2, RGB at 3, and so on), but still **** - each cover you add to Yellow means it takes longer to fire (10 yellow at lvl 3), and it also stuns him for 2 turns. That might make sense in terms of the character power - recharge - but it's a complete **** in the game, particularly if he's last man standing.

Having finally paired IM40 in my plus 100 roster with Hulk, I can honestly say I rarely use IM40 now day to day, buffs excepting.

• 3- My Punisher is 4-4-5 and i should reach the black cover reward before Hulk event ends. Is going 5-3-5 better?i kinda like his 5 green for strike tiles.

icon_e_wink.gif

5/3/5 is better if you are pairing him with patch. I spec'd out my green for black bc I never used it. The molotov ticks do wicked damage when strike tiles are out
  • Iron man is great, he was pooh poohed when the only thing anyone cared about was characters with 2ap abilities and the unfavorable reception keeps following him. He's more of a utility/tank than a nuker, but he pairs well with a green hitter like punisher or patch. You use him for his yellow and his health. I'll sometimes use his red and very occasionally, his blue. But you mostly want to feed other characters.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    Iron man is great, he was pooh poohed when the only thing anyone cared about was characters with 2ap abilities and the unfavorable reception keeps following him. He's more of a utility/tank than a nuker, but he pairs well with a green hitter like punisher or patch. You use him for his yellow and his health. I'll sometimes use his red and very occasionally, his blue. But you mostly want to feed other characters.

Better to go with Hood IMO

Not trying to hijack, but this thread made me think of a question of my own. Does anyone know if levels you put on a character in one PvE/PVE event are instantly visible in another a PvE event you are playing ? New challengers and/or retaliations?

For example , my last fight won in event A featured a level 6 bagman, but I then played event B and leveled him to 85. Do my retaliations see level 6 or 85 ?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iron man is a good role player. He is basically a one trick pony with his yellow generating AP. his other abilities, while powerful take too long to charge. Additionally because his abilities are big and costly they benefit less from strike tiles.

His yellow ability is his saving grace, with 2 covers it generates over twice as much desirable red and blue AP as you spent in less useful yellow. At 3 covers you can add in slightly less of the highly sought after green. Do not go beyond 3 yellow covers.
  • Thanks for the answers guys. 2 more questions icon_e_wink.gif

4- is the refresh rate still 8 hours for the 2 day Hulk event?

5- a few mentioned pairing Iron Man with Patch but i could level him to 63 if i wanted him. Too low??? Would he work well with any of these:

Punisher-100 (stays in my team)
    C.Storm-85
    Wolverine-85
    OBW-81
    Ares-70
    Daken-69
    Then these others i have covers for but haven't leveled up:

DareDevil-62 (could level to 102)
    Patch-???(could level to 63)
    C.Magneto-???(could level to 69)
    Captain America-???(could max him)

might be forgetting a few but would any of these work?
  • IM40 is decent in a fair environment. Currently there's nothing fair about the way how some characters are totally overpowered. Recharge isn't a bad skill. It's probably the one AP accelration skill that actually make sense. It's just that there are a lot of AP acceleration skills that make no sense whatsoever and you can't compete against that.

But then The Punisher is one of those character who excel in a fair environment and I see a lot of level 141s. To be fair The Punisher doesn't compete on AP accleration which puts you directly against some of the most overpowered characters in the game.
  • Thanks for the answers guys. 2 more questions icon_e_wink.gif

5- a few mentioned pairing Iron Man with Patch but i could level him to 63 if i wanted him. Too low??? Would he work well with any of these:

C.Storm-85
    Wolverine-85
    OBW-81
    Ares-70
    Daken-69

4. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1737&hilit=FAQ

5. Patch / Mags > Everything
  • Jachdo wrote:

Not trying to hijack, but this thread made me think of a question of my own. Does anyone know if levels you put on a character in one PvE/PVE event are instantly visible in another a PvE event you are playing ? New challengers and/or retaliations?

For example , my last fight won in event A featured a level 6 bagman, but I then played event B and leveled him to 85. Do my retaliations see level 6 or 85 ?

Retaliations will see level 6 Bagman, if that is what you fought them with (Event A). Any changes you made to the roster after the fight (Event B) are irrelevant to the retaliation attempts created through Event A. Only retaliations at or after Event B will see the level 85 Bagman.
  • I believe the game actually queues several opponents in advance for a player, because sometimes I see a guy in my queue with a clearly wrong rating (because I retaliated him earlier) in my normal queue, so the people who see your old team may be more than expected.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the answers guys. 2 more questions icon_e_wink.gif

C.Storm-85
    Wolverine-85
    OBW-81
    Ares-70
    Daken-69

Low level Patches aren't worth the effort: he needs to be one of the highest levels on your team in order to use best there is effectively. Since you don't have enough covers for him, I'd just ignore him and focus on maxing out Punisher/OBW or saving your iso.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    Impulse wrote:
    Iron man is great, he was pooh poohed when the only thing anyone cared about was characters with 2ap abilities and the unfavorable reception keeps following him. He's more of a utility/tank than a nuker, but he pairs well with a green hitter like punisher or patch. You use him for his yellow and his health. I'll sometimes use his red and very occasionally, his blue. But you mostly want to feed other characters.

Hood's great too, though he's not as much of a deterrent. Hood's black and im40's yellow go together well too.

Levels don't show unless you win with them post leveling
  • The Hood doesn't deter because most people have no idea how strong he is. But then you can also win quite a few games from guys who have no idea how good he is too.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The Hood doesn't deter because most people have no idea how strong he is. But then you can also win quite a few games from guys who have no idea how good he is too.

I avoid any hoods with blue powers. He's really annoying and can slow you down when your trying to win in a hurry.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2- What is wrong with Iron Man can someone tell me? i always see people complaining about him. I ask because after this latest tourny ends i should have 11 covers for him and don't wanna waste iso if he is ****.

3- My Punisher is 4-4-5 and i should reach the black cover reward before Hulk event ends. Is going 5-3-5 better?i kinda like his 5 green for strike tiles.

I'll try to answer these by relating my own personal experiences, my punisher 141 at 5/5/3 is probably the is probably the best investment in iso that I have made, the 2 turn Molotov attack tiles is a great contributor to dps at those levels especially after you have some strike tiles out - not to mention it's also a really cheap aoe that can put the pressure on any team. 3 strike tiles is a must, 8AP is really cheap and you don't need to store red AP or environmental AP for the full effect. I find that saving red AP till your target is 30% or even 40% is inefficient - 10% is negligible as my strike tiles and attack tiles means I often find mobs going down by 1000+ or more health per turn without cascades - the difference in pve is amplified more so where you are playing relatively long games. In my experience black good, green good, red meh.

I found IM mk40 really good in the fearless defenders event where nobody was buffed. Due to the fact that no one was superbuffed for the event, the 13AP red pew pew was a real game changer especially at end game. My team of 141 punisher, 90+ IM and 85 OBW had very little difficulty in getting to 1st with 850 and after only spending 75hp in an easy bracket - IM's yellow battery 9 if I got 10AP)ensured that I ended every match on full, while my strike/attack tiles and of course OBW's espionage ensured that matches ended quickly
  • As to the Punisher spec argument, it seems to be the consensus that either 3/5/5 or 5/5/3 is fine. It really depends on your overall team composition. What else would you be using your red or black for? I like 3/5/5 for mine. I usually team him with Hulk and I find Punisher's Red superior for the cost. Hulk covers Punisher on red and green for me, so he soaks up damage and is always the one to take a Unibeam to the face. I find that one attack tile is as good as two or three, since the majority of the damage done comes from the strike tiles anyway; as long as you can get one out you are golden. For what I want, 3 black covers is good enough.

In a 'no holds barred' tournament I usually go Hulk/ Punisher/ Classic Magneto, where I never use Punisher's red, either, but CMags is getting nerfed (deservedly), so I feel like the 40% health threshold will become an even better AP bargain than it is now.